OFFICIAL New Animal Kingdom Experiences UPDATE 5/28: Reports from first night in Post #2

Good to know...I don't know why in my mind I figured they would just leave it lit, once it was lit. Kind of like the castle I guess.

Sorry for any confusion, I think it will stay lit all night once the sun goes down, probably like the castle .... It's just the special projection shows will be every once in a while.

it looks like Harambe Acrobats will start next week as soft opening for the new entertainment coming Memorial Day Weekend. Some other atmosphere entertainment that's included with the AK @ night will also start as a "surprise" for visitors. Probably the Karibu Sisters and/or the Harambe Soccer Meerkats. I'm guessing they have to have these CM actually working now since they were hired to start on Earth Day.
The times will not be posted on the times guide and it'll just be a surprise performance for guests

How fun!

Yes! Looks like dining hours for Yak & Yeti have been extended to 8:00pm through August 20th.
I'm anxiously waiting for them to extend September's hours too - trying to get a later Yak & Yeti ADR at the end of the month.:hyper:
When hours are extended , you can call Yak & Yeti directly to make a reservation. Disney will often show no availability and calling gets different results.

I seriously don't know where to post this...doing my daily HUB checks I saw that Flame Tree will offer the dinning package associated with The Jungle Book :Alive with Magic, it's showing for 1st 2nd and 3rd show viewing so it looks like the show will be performed 3 times a night. Here's the info. No word on when this will open for booking

Prices: Adult: $23.42, Child: $12.77 $$ ($15 to $34.99 per adult)

The Jungle Book: Alive With Magic Dining Package provides Guests with a choice of dining experiences at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park and reserved seating to the new nighttime show The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic. After enjoying a mouthwatering meal, experience the beauty of the nighttime show that celebrates the relationship between animals and nature through live performers, grand theatrical imagery, a soaring musical score and innovative special effects.

Package includes choice of one (1) entrée with three sides, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage, reserved seating for The Jungle Book: Alive With Magic show.

Guests will book a dining time, but this is a QSR (Quick Service) experience - there is no table service provided.

Guests should arrive at their reserved time and they will select their meal and pay at the location.

Reservations available starting at 2:30pm until 1 hour 15 minutes prior to the show time. Guests will receive their show credential at the location

Here's the info from Tusker House, it looks like only Dinner will have the Jungle Book show attached to it, same for 1st, 2nd and 3rd show

Prices:
Adult: $44.73, Child: $26.63 $$$ ($35 to $59.99 per adult)

Payment Methods Accepted: Travelers Checks, Key to the World, Cash, Visa, Disney Dollars, American Express, Disney Rewards Card, Master Card, Diners Club Card, Gift Card, Disney's Visa Credit Card, Discover, JCB, Disney Gift Card, KTTW Package Entitlements, Dreams Reward Card

The Jungle Book Dining Package provides Guests with a choice of dining experiences at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park and reserved seating to the new nighttime show Rivers of Light. After enjoying a mouthwatering meal, experience the beauty of the nighttime show that celebrates the relationship between animals and nature through live performers, grand theatrical imagery, a soaring musical score and innovative special effects.

Package includes one (1) buffet meal, reserved seating for Rivers of Light show.
Guests must dine 2.5 hours prior to show start as they will receive their show credential at the dining location.

As you can see it looks like the Disney IT got lazy and basically copy/pasted the info from RoL, it still mentions it in the Tusker House info

Last edited:
Very interesting-looks like a pretty good deal at Flame Tree.

I just wonder if they'll start the Dining Packages the first weekend with evrything being so new.

Do you think this news will be released May 20?

Where are you seeing this info?? On Disney World website?? I tried looking under dining and can't find it.

With Asia being all FP+ and Dining Packages sharing Dinoland with Standby,it looks like Standby will be in high demand.

Last edited:
We still don't know what time the shows will be, correct? I had to book my FP+ last night and am crossing my fingers that the time I chose for the night safari will work alright with the show times..!

We still don't know what time the shows will be, correct? I had to book my FP+ last night and am crossing my fingers that the time I chose for the night safari will work alright with the show times..!
no, times have not been posted yet. If in fact there are 3 showings I expect them to be around
8:45pm
9:30pm
10:15pm

I seriously don't know where to post this...doing my daily HUB checks I saw that Flame Tree will offer the dinning package associated with The Jungle Book :Alive with Magic, it's showing for 1st 2nd and 3rd show viewing so it looks like the show will be performed 3 times a night. Here's the info. No word on when this will open for booking

The Jungle Book: Alive With Magic Dining Package provides Guests with a choice of dining experiences at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park and reserved seating to the new nighttime show The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic. After enjoying a mouthwatering meal, experience the beauty of the nighttime show that celebrates the relationship between animals and nature through live performers, grand theatrical imagery, a soaring musical score and innovative special effects.

Package includes choice of one (1) entrée with three sides, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage, reserved seating for The Jungle Book: Alive With Magic show.

Guests will book a dining time, but this is a QSR (Quick Service) experience - there is no table service provided.

Guests should arrive at their reserved time and they will select their meal and pay at the location.

Reservations available starting at 2:30pm until 1 hour 15 minutes prior to the show time. Guests will receive their show credential at the location

Here's the info from Tusker House, it looks like only Dinner will have the Jungle Book show attached to it, same for 1st, 2nd and 3rd show

Prices:

Payment Methods Accepted: Travelers Checks, Key to the World, Cash, Visa, Disney Dollars, American Express, Disney Rewards Card, Master Card, Diners Club Card, Gift Card, Disney's Visa Credit Card, Discover, JCB, Disney Gift Card, KTTW Package Entitlements, Dreams Reward Card

The Jungle Book Dining Package provides Guests with a choice of dining experiences at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park and reserved seating to the new nighttime show Rivers of Light. After enjoying a mouthwatering meal, experience the beauty of the nighttime show that celebrates the relationship between animals and nature through live performers, grand theatrical imagery, a soaring musical score and innovative special effects.

Package includes one (1) buffet meal, reserved seating for Rivers of Light show.
Guests must dine 2.5 hours prior to show start as they will receive their show credential at the dining location.

As you can see it looks like the Disney IT got lazy and basically copy/pasted the info from RoL, it still mentions it in the Tusker House info

I don't know what to look for, but do you think either of these packages will work with the dining plan? Under payment methods accepted, the only thing I see that comes close is KTTW Package Entitlements, but I assume that isn't the regular dining plan.

If the latest rumour is that ROL will open in September, does that mean that Jungle Book will finish then. I know it was billed as a fill in of sorts for ROL. We are going in December and am just wondering what the schedules would be looking like if ROL is or isn't started yet.

no, times have not been posted yet. If in fact there are 3 showings I expect them to be around
We still think the show will offer FP as well, right? Would you guess the return window would start 20-30 minutes prior to show time? Want to make sure nothing currently booked will cause a scheduling conflict....

We still think the show will offer FP as well, right? Would you guess the return window would start 20-30 minutes prior to show time? Want to make sure nothing currently booked will cause a scheduling conflict....
Yes I would think so.

If the latest rumour is that ROL will open in September, does that mean that Jungle Book will finish then. I know it was billed as a fill in of sorts for ROL. We are going in December and am just wondering what the schedules would be looking like if ROL is or isn't started yet.
I believe the 2 shows will utilize the same space, so imagine JB will end when ROL begins. Unless they find away to relocate it to another area of the park?

Very interesting-looks like a pretty good deal at Flame Tree.

I just wonder if they'll start the Dining Packages the first weekend with evrything being so new.

Do you think this news will be released May 20?
That's what the blog said. There's no other indication of anything associated with the jungle book show on the Hub

I don't know what to look for, but do you think either of these packages will work with the dining plan? Under payment methods accepted, the only thing I see that comes close is KTTW Package Entitlements, but I assume that isn't the regular dining plan.
No word on that

Prices:

Confused. First part refers to Jungle Book show seating. Second part refers to ROL seating. Is the 2nd just the old posting and first is the new?

Guess I'll keep waiting with you all..! If these end up being true then that would work fine I think. We have a FP for 7:50-8:50 - I can't imagine them starting the first one any earlier that time of year so we /should/ be in good shape for the second one at least..!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter