***Official June 2023 Thread***

...oh almost forgot.
Importantly if you are going to imbibe during your trip (like I do- alot) don't assume this is hydrating enough. Ask for water with your beer, cocktail, or shot. I almost learned this the hard way during Food and Wine when I assumed the frozen Grand Marniers in France were a source of hydration haha..

Ponchos make me feel like a turkey in a basting bag too so I am definitely team light raincoat + umbrella. The umbrella is a UV one as well for outdoor lines in the sun. And the raincoat will be nice for when I get cold in AC. The one I have is by Columbia and folds up into its own pocket so it takes up very little space in my park bag.

UV umbrellas really are a godsend, I started using one on my 2021 trips and won't go in the summer without it. I find that + a neck fan do more to keep me cool than anything else. Though I do also have some cooling towels (the mesh kind) and hand fans as well for my gf.
Oooh. That’s really helpful. The sun and I don’t get along, but that’s a year round thing

...oh almost forgot.
Importantly if you are going to imbibe during your trip (like I do- alot) don't assume this is hydrating enough. Ask for water with your beer, cocktail, or shot. I almost learned this the hard way during Food and Wine when I assumed the frozen Grand Marniers in France were a source of hydration haha..
Yeah - every other drink should be water.

We're nocturnal so it works out great for us...we count on folks like y'all turning in early so crowds are even lighter. :duck:

Ironically given what I just said I also wish they'd move MK opening back to 8 am so EE is at 7:30 instead of 8:30. Makes a huge difference in what you can get done since not as many people are willing to get up that early on vacation. (We spend a lot of midday napping so we can actually manage early mornings and late nights with no problem)
Lol. We’d love the early mornings in exchange. We have fond memories of the “Good Morning” rope drop opening show at the train station, we’d never miss it (unless we were already in for early entry or at Crystal Palace having a pre-opening breakfast!) We also rest/nap/pool midday and spend rested evenings back at the park, but found out if we’re not nocturnal in our normal schedule we can’t suddenly make ourselves be for a week at Disney.

Was cleaning my guest room to get ready to pack and found an unopened mailer envelope from BJs with $1000 worth of Disney gift cards I somehow forgot I bought! 🫢 From the receipt it was back in July 2021 for the 50th anniversary trip we had to cancel. Honestly crying with happiness right now, the last few months have been really hard (partner’s dad has been battling cancer, my best friend’s mom who was like family to me passed away just recently). This feels like the universe finally gave me a break.

Was cleaning my guest room to get ready to pack and found an unopened mailer envelope from BJs with $1000 worth of Disney gift cards I somehow forgot I bought! 🫢 From the receipt it was back in July 2021 for the 50th anniversary trip we had to cancel. Honestly crying with happiness right now, the last few months have been really hard (partner’s dad has been battling cancer, my best friend’s mom who was like family to me passed away just recently). This feels like the universe finally gave me a break.
It's like Christmas in May!

That’s so wonderful! I’m sorry your family is going through so much right now. ❤️

It's like Christmas in May!
It so is. We were totally fine with our budget don‘t get me wrong but this will be so amazing!
That’s so wonderful! I’m sorry your family is going through so much right now. ❤️
Dad is doing very well thankfully, they caught it very early and he’s responded fantastically to treatment. It’s been rough though, gf has felt guilty about going on the trip but he and mom have been insistent that we go and enjoy ourselves. We are bringing them back some Kona coffee from the Poly because they both really loved it. :)

Good Morning! ☀️

I just found this thread.

DD19 are 15 days away from our Girls Only trip - we leave June 6th.

If anyone sees me there, please stop and say Hi 👋.
My picture is in my signature to know what I look like.

Have a nice Sunday :wave:

That's amazing!! And from the sound of things, a much needed boost emotionally. So sorry your family is going through so much. This Disney trip is going to come just at the right time - you both can get away for a bit and enjoy some magic ❤️

I'm so sorry it's been so rough and I also am sorry for your losses.

Sounds like a great time to find something good - and you're in the home stretch for your trip now :). Hope you and your partner both get something super special this trip from those gift cards. ENJOY!!!

Now that Narcoossee’s finally released their July reservations I can finally relax and look forward to our trip in 4 weeks time now that we’ve got all of the dining reservations that we wanted. I can’t believe how we’ve managed to get everything this summer when last year it was so difficult to get anything we wanted so I’m hoping this is a good sign. We’ve got a few places booked that we’ve never been to before like Tiffins, Rosa Mexicano and Nine Dragons this time so I’m looking forward to trying those out and checking out the Flower & Garden booths at Epcot.

This is how our schedule’s shaped up so far. I know it seems a lot and not many rest days but we’ve been so many times now that we just take things easy in the parks, soak up the atmosphere and don’t feel the need to rush to ride to ride anymore so it works for us.

19/06 DS: B - Cape May / D - Rosa Mexicano
20/06 - SW
21/06 - Universal: B - The Kitchen / D - Vivo Italian Kitchen
22/06 MK: B - Steakhouse 71 / D - Crystal Palace
23/06 DHS: D - Hollywood & Vine / Oga’s
24/06 Epcot: D - San Angel Inn
25/06 DS: Brunch - Wine Bar George
26/06 Universal/IOA: L - Finnegan’s
27/06 AKL/AK: B -Boma / D - Tiffins
28/06 Epcot: D - Teppan Edo
29/06 IOA/Universal: L - Mythos
30/06 Epcot/ DHS: B - Ale & Compass / Oga’s
1/07 MK: B - Steakhouse 71 / D - California Grill
2/07 Rest Day: B - Kona / D - Topolino’s Terrace
3/07 SW
4/07 MK: B - Crystal Palace / D - Narcoossee’s
5/07 DHS/Epcot: B - Topolino’s Terrace / Oga’s / D - Nine Dragons
6/07 MK: B - Grand Floridian Cafe / D - Be Our Guest
7/07 Rest Day/AK: D - Yak & Yeti
8/07 DHS: D - Hollywood Brown Derby
9/07 Epcot/Fly Home: L - Tutto Italia

Somehow I managed to get a Fantasmic dining package for my birthday. So we're squeezing an early dinner at 50s Primetime in before our Droid and Savi's reservations. And we have an early lunch at Garden Grill. And still Oga's after park close. o_O

I'm just wondering what the heck we'll do with the birthday cake I just added to 50s...we'll have to run it back to YC before we go to Droid Depot.

Somehow I managed to get a Fantasmic dining package for my birthday. So we're squeezing an early dinner at 50s Primetime in before our Droid and Savi's reservations. And we have an early lunch at Garden Grill. And still Oga's after park close. o_O

I'm just wondering what the heck we'll do with the birthday cake I just added to 50s...we'll have to run it back to YC before we go to Droid Depot.
I bet they could hold it at the restaurant for you. Reservations are until 930 so grab it after fantasmic...maybe they will let you eat at Oga's

When are you there? Not to be creepy but I’ve always liked your posts and ai enjoy meeting up
with folks at WDW. DH and I will be there 15-18

Hello Disney Family! We just got back from an Amazing June 2022 trip, and are ready to get started planning our 2023 return. Who else is heading back in June? Let's get the list started, and start talking plans.

June 2023 Roll Call
ssmurphy28 May 28-June 3 Animal Kingdom Lodge
Dancergirlsmom June 1-5 Port Orleans Riverside
kylenne May 28- June 7 Yacht Club/Polynesian Village Resort
harris family May 30- June 4 Contemporary Resort
Jackandsally June 1-10 All Star Music
Dolewhipp June 1-8 Caribbean Beach Resort
MsWeaverDream02 June 1-8 Fort Wilderness Campground
Jamie430 June 3 – 17 offsite
Kerr84 June 4-8 Polynesian Village Resort
Akmills June 4-8 Grand Floridian
StacyStrong June 4-10 Boardwalk Villas
Tarawashere June 10-17 Boardwalk Inn
Martie Parker June 11-15 Wilderness Lodge
Gerilyne June 12-23 Beach Club villas
WhoDatDisney June 13-27 Beach Club/BRV
Ghost Host 998 June 13-21 Art of Animation
whitney37354 June 13-16 Polynesian
luvallprincesses June 13-20 Swan Reserve
Terpsichore June 13-19 Caribbean Beach Resort
Karalee402 June 14-20 Caribbean Beach Resort
MACfamily4 June 17-24 Beach Club Villas
PPFlight75 June 17-27 Boardwalk Inn and Polynesian
Flipflopmom June 17-24 Polynesian Village Resort
Leiaorgana June 18-July 19 Grand Floridian/offsite
Deckdmd May 31- June 6 Old Key West
rmonty02 June 18-23 Villas at the Grand Floridian
disny_luvr June 19th-24 Yacht Club
Lsdolphin June 20-28 Coronado Springs/Wilderness Lodge

alafond83 June 21-25 Pop Century
Gary Stocker June 24 to July 2. Boardwalk Villas
Kitty & Covs Covs June 24_25
ExpeditionEmily June 24 - July 1 POFQ and Pop
Leigh L June 24-July2 Shades of Green
Scigirl622 June 25-30 Boardwalk Villas
yaksack June 25- July ? Polynesian/Bolder Ridge Villas
Crazyventures June 27-July 9 Bay Lake Tower

We ended up switching from off site! We will be staying at all star music!! So excited. Its getting so close!

When we were there in November I got the dark chocolate Mickey birthday cake at HBD for my birthday and they made us cut it and box it ourselves. They couldn’t do it and they didn’t have any boxes big enough so we had to disassemble it and split it over 2 smaller brown takeout boxes and they just gave us one of those clear bags to carry it in. It was the day the parks were closing early for the hurricane so we were leaving straight after anyway because the park was closed so it wasn’t really an issue for us but I’m not sure if they would let you leave it and come back once its been served because of kitchen contamination hygiene rules they have. You could ask but you’ll probably have to take it with you and take it back to your resort like you said.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter