***Official June 2023 Thread***

Yeah time to take inventory. Cooling towels since it will be June, antacids for the late overindulgence, a gallon of sunblock, anti-chafing cream and blister bandages...a case of 5 hour energy....the little things.
Ugh the antacids are a must since our first trip when my youngest was 4 or 5. We were waiting for our Ohana table and he starts screaming and grabbing his throat screaming he has "bubble throat". Well we thought he had strep throat or something and DH left in a taxi( thank you sweet cast member) to urgent care. The 3 of us ate without them and it was a bummer even with the perfect spot for fireworks.

No strep, heartburn lol! He can't handle all of the pizza and burgers.

Bubble throat has been our term since that trip and we've always carried tums for him. 😂

I straight up started packing 😂 got my ears together and other things I only ever take to Disney (ears, Dress Shop dresses, etc). I had been stashing Sephora gift cards for a while, since my family tends to get me those and Disney ones for holidays, etc. so I ordered a bunch of travel sizes I needed to restock.

Always pays to keep checking for ADRs…last week we decided on a whim to do an HEA dessert party after all, but could only get the pre-party. We wanted the post so we could sit and not feel rushed, but I booked it anyway. Well, I just checked randomly and was able to get a post party the same night! So I booked that and canceled the pre-party.

There's no June ADR thread, and we've finalized our plans today with my son's DAS selections, so I'll be cancelling an 8:50 am 'Ohana reservation for 6/14 and a 2:15 pm Beaches & Cream reservation for 6/15 at around 8:45 am eastern today. I know I've seen people complaining about not getting those, so I just wanted to put it out there.

I always struggle being happy when MK closing hours move to later, meaning the benefit of the extra evening hours gets pushed way beyond when we like to be awake. Sigh.
We're nocturnal so it works out great for us...we count on folks like y'all turning in early so crowds are even lighter. :duck:

Ironically given what I just said I also wish they'd move MK opening back to 8 am so EE is at 7:30 instead of 8:30. Makes a huge difference in what you can get done since not as many people are willing to get up that early on vacation. (We spend a lot of midday napping so we can actually manage early mornings and late nights with no problem)

We're nocturnal so it works out great for us...we count on folks like y'all turning in early so crowds are even lighter. :duck:

Ironically given what I just said I also wish they'd move MK opening back to 8 am so EE is at 7:30 instead of 8:30. Makes a huge difference in what you can get done since not as many people are willing to get up that early on vacation. (We spend a lot of midday napping so we can actually manage early mornings and late nights with no problem)
I have to admit I struggle with some of those late nights too. I can usually rally to do one or an after hours event but needs lots of rest after lol!

I do love the earlier MK opening and woud love a 730 EE!!

Hey! Going mid June and have never been in the summer. How hot are we talking? And should we expect afternoon rain most days?

Hey! Going mid June and have never been in the summer. How hot are we talking? And should we expect afternoon rain most days?
Hot. Humid. Last year we went mid June and my daughter has a screen shot of real feel 100 degrees. I'm a teacher so we can only go Christmas or summer. Yes, expect rain most afternoons. We've only had one week that was a total washout the whole day every day in 14 years of summer trips.

We almost always go the first or second week of June. It's hot, but what's worse that time of year is the humidity. Expect to have to peel your clothes off of yourself. It does rain, frequently, but I've never felt the need to carry ponchos. You're already soaked in sweat, so honestly, being soaked in the rain is a step up from that. Plus the rain kills the crowds, so as long as there's no lightning to shut down rides, the lines become 10x more manageable.

But, if you do go in the summer, June is still MUCH better than July/August. In my personal experience, it's less crowded (that's not to say it's not crowded, but the crowds are usually better than mid- to late summer), and while it's hot and humid, it's not deathly so, like it is closer to August. Then again, I grew up in the south, in a state that can get almost as nasty as Florida in the summer, so if you're from a cooler climate, it may all feel miserable to you 😅

Hot. Humid. Last year we went mid June and my daughter has a screen shot of real feel 100 degrees. I'm a teacher so we can only go Christmas or summer. Yes, expect rain most afternoons. We've only had one week that was a total washout the whole day every day in 14 years of summer trips.
About what I figured. I don’t mind the heat much of the time but certain lines are torture (looking at you, Haunted Mansion) when it’s that hot

We almost always go the first or second week of June. It's hot, but what's worse that time of year is the humidity. Expect to have to peel your clothes off of yourself. It does rain, frequently, but I've never felt the need to carry ponchos. You're already soaked in sweat, so honestly, being soaked in the rain is a step up from that. Plus the rain kills the crowds, so as long as there's no lightning to shut down rides, the lines become 10x more manageable.

But, if you do go in the summer, June is still MUCH better than July/August. In my personal experience, it's less crowded (that's not to say it's not crowded, but the crowds are usually better than mid- to late summer), and while it's hot and humid, it's not deathly so, like it is closer to August. Then again, I grew up in the south, in a state that can get almost as nasty as Florida in the summer, so if you're from a cooler climate, it may all feel miserable to you 😅
I’m exclusively packing light, quick dry clothes and lots of spare socks. Though, I will probably wear keanes the whole time. Might bring an umbrella but no ponchos. I’d feel like a salmon being poached

I’m exclusively packing light, quick dry clothes and lots of spare socks. Though, I will probably wear keanes the whole time. Might bring an umbrella but no ponchos. I’d feel like a salmon being poached
Ponchos make me feel like a turkey in a basting bag too so I am definitely team light raincoat + umbrella. The umbrella is a UV one as well for outdoor lines in the sun. And the raincoat will be nice for when I get cold in AC. The one I have is by Columbia and folds up into its own pocket so it takes up very little space in my park bag.

UV umbrellas really are a godsend, I started using one on my 2021 trips and won't go in the summer without it. I find that + a neck fan do more to keep me cool than anything else. Though I do also have some cooling towels (the mesh kind) and hand fans as well for my gf.

No joking. Go sit in a sauna with clothes on. The sauna will be more humid, but its a good baseline.

My last family trip was in August 2021 and it was definitely satan's armpit but I agree with many of the comments above.
- Get to the parks early before the mid-day blaze and take a break to swim/nap before or after lunch. Then go back to the parks when the sun is starting to set. We plan early dinners so that we can go to the parks right during around "golden hour". The castle looks amazing at this time too.
- Consider getting a hat that will cover your entire head in addition to the aforementioned cooling towels and UV umbrellas.
- Hydrate. Get at least a case of water and freeze as much as you can the night before. When you take these outside they will have half melted within an hour...and you will have the coldest water ever.

What I also suggest as far as staying hydrated is sometimes water isn't enough, make sure you are replenishing salts and electrolytes as well. We got some of the Liquid IV packets to put in our water for while we're in the parks but I tend to fill my resort mug with Powerade when we get back for our midday break.

The later you get on into the month the worse it will be but it's still way better than August and Sept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter