***Official June, 2012! Hot, hot, hot!!!***

Dh and I love having no children and just being able to go. We have taken and gone with children before and they behaved so much better than my MIL :rotfl2:

DH doesn't care whether I book again or not, he will probably never say no to a trip to WDW. I'm the one who gets cautious. I will ask him what he wants to do since it's his birthday, but he is getting tickets to Talladega again, I've already put a deposit on those. He had already said ok about going to the beach, but I think with the events last week, we will probably choose Disney again.

In fact, I just called and booked Shades of Green for 8/31 thru 9/3 and will see what he says tonight. With their special, it will be cheaper than Pop and we will be closer to MK and Epcot. Since he would have to drive down on Friday morning after he gets home from work and drive back to go to work on Monday, not sure he wants to do that. But you can't beat $209 for 3 nights and SoG is comparable to a Deluxe to a degree.

I have Plantar Fascitis and have for awhile, but I also tore both ligaments in my left foot last April 2011 and have had major problems since. I have to wear a special brace and I worried about it getting wet, but it seems to be fine.

I decided I wanted to do a cruise next June for my 40th Birthday, DH keeps pushing me to book it, I just can't seem to make myself do it. If the military discounts stop at WDW, we might have to cut back on our trips to once a year, so I would really like to go back in case that happens.

I have PF also and back in December started having lots of trouble with my knee. I have some roughed up cartilige in there and sme arthritis too. I have been getting cortisone shots every 6 months and that really helps. I know they can give them for PF as well. I know getting a shot in your knee (or heel) sounds awful but it really only hurts for a second and it really really helped in my case. This will be the first real test of walking though.

I see you live in Alabama........we go on cruises out of New Orleans often. We went on one in June 2010, November 2011 and April 2012. Actually the one in April we booked kinda last minute and it was right at $500 a person for a 7 day - we went to Key West, Freeport and Nassau. It was thru Carnival. You may wanna check on that ause you could drive to N.O. and airfare would not be an issue like it would be if you left from Miami or somewhere further south. Also there is a Norwegian or Royal Caribbean sailing from N.O. now so thats another line to check out.

We arrived back home this morning from our trip(6/7-6/14). For all of you who were at WDW on Thursday 6/7 I know you were with me on a very stormy day. It was our arrival day at CBR & I had the pool & a slow but nice day planned for us.(no park tickets for arrival day, thank goodness) but I didn't know it was going to be a very long late afternoon & evening in our room with rain & more rain. We expected the pop up storms but nothing like that Thursday & we have been to WDW during the same week in June for a few years. We did drive the rental car over to the food court/gift shop just to get out. But we kept our spirits high & had a wonderful trip. We have some fun memories with our ponchos on. The Barnstormer in the rain at night is lots of fun:wizard:

Wasn't that a rainy day!

Just did online check in for our flight!! I'm excited because my sister and I are not only sitting next to eachother, but we didn't have to pay extra for assigned seating!! Tomorrow morining we go!!:cool1:

Tomorrow morning we are going too! Still gonna race you to Pop Century! ;)

I'll keep an eye out for fellow DISers!! I woke up an hour earlier than expected this morning so I decided to check the boards before I hop in the shower and head to the airport!

Thanks to everyone for being here for the countdown!!

I'll keep an eye out for fellow DISers!! I woke up an hour earlier than expected this morning so I decided to check the boards before I hop in the shower and head to the airport!

Thanks to everyone for being here for the countdown!!

Have a wonderful time! We'll be down on Wednesday with our lime green Mickey heads - if you see us, say hi!!! Safe travels. :goodvibes

Have a wonderful time! We'll be down on Wednesday with our lime green Mickey heads - if you see us, say hi!!! Safe travels. :goodvibes

And we will follow on Thursday. :woohoo:

If you see a mom being guided around by a long-haired princess while pushing a toddler in a blue and black city mini, wearing shirts that came from the DISign forum :wave:

Well, this is all very sudden but..........I'M LEAVING IN 11 DAYS!!! Yesterday I wasn't even thinking about going to to WDW and today I have our room booked and DBF is booking flights! This is so crazy and spur of the moment I simply can't believe it!

We'll be down there June 27th-July 2nd (aka MY BIRTHDAY!!!!). We'll be taking an early AM flight back home so I can spend my birthday with family but since Epcot has EMH till midnight on July 1st, I'm thinking we might go just so I can be in a park on my birthday :D

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

One week from now at this moment we should be landing in Orlando!!!! I can't believe 6 months have passed since I first started planning!

I have PF also and back in December started having lots of trouble with my knee. I have some roughed up cartilige in there and sme arthritis too. I have been getting cortisone shots every 6 months and that really helps. I know they can give them for PF as well. I know getting a shot in your knee (or heel) sounds awful but it really only hurts for a second and it really really helped in my case. This will be the first real test of walking though.

I see you live in Alabama........we go on cruises out of New Orleans often. We went on one in June 2010, November 2011 and April 2012. Actually the one in April we booked kinda last minute and it was right at $500 a person for a 7 day - we went to Key West, Freeport and Nassau. It was thru Carnival. You may wanna check on that ause you could drive to N.O. and airfare would not be an issue like it would be if you left from Miami or somewhere further south. Also there is a Norwegian or Royal Caribbean sailing from N.O. now so thats another line to check out.

I take antiinflammatories for my PF, but I have some damage to the bone in my left foot that is causing a lot of the ain there. I am waiting for an appointment with a different Podiatrist for a second opinion. I have had surgery on my right knee and the cortison shot I got in it really helped after a subsequent injury, but the ones they put in my left foot hasn't helped.

We are thinking about doing a Disney cruise out of Port Canaveral, not sure I'm willing to cruise on any other cruise line.

I suppose I'm a little tardy to the party here, but that's okay since my DM (Eeyore344) has represented us pretty well (I hope!)

I wanted to share the tag I made. I bought a sheet of lime green duct tape, cut out mickey heads, applied to a piece of card stock, and laminated it. I did one for her, too. I will attach mine to my backpack (and it's double-sided), so if you see me, feel free to say "Hey!" (You'll have to ask her what she's going to do with hers! :))

RDPTag.jpg

So can't wait to be there next Saturday!

Well this is wonderful.......we leave tomorrow and last night I said something that apparently my husband didnt like and he jumped all over me with both feet! Hollering, you name it........DD started crying and then suddenly it was MY fault that she was crying and I was so selfish and I dont care about anyone but myself.:confused3

So we didnt speak for the rest of the night, my family is coming over today to BBQ for Fathers Day and starting tomorrow, I have to spend a week cooped up in a hotel room with him. I had rather not even go.:sad1:

Well this is wonderful.......we leave tomorrow and last night I said something that apparently my husband didnt like and he jumped all over me with both feet! Hollering, you name it........DD started crying and then suddenly it was MY fault that she was crying and I was so selfish and I dont care about anyone but myself.:confused3

So we didnt speak for the rest of the night, my family is coming over today to BBQ for Fathers Day and starting tomorrow, I have to spend a week cooped up in a hotel room with him. I had rather not even go.:sad1:

Oh NO! I'm so sorry! I hate when stuff like this happens. It's so awful. And how stressful RIGHT before your trip. I really hope he comes around and snaps out of his funk. Good luck!!!:flower3:

I have wonderful news and wanted to share it with you guys, because you have been so supportive. DH PASSED his PT test this morning and can now re-enlist, and there is supposedly a small bonus! I just wish I could be there to hug him right about now.

I'm so sorry, I know how hard that can be and I know exactly how you feel. Maybe once the family gets there, he will settle down.

I have wonderful news and wanted to share it with you guys, because you have been so supportive. DH PASSED his PT test this morning and can now re-enlist, and there is supposedly a small bonus! I just wish I could be there to hug him right about now.

Congratulations to your DH!! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: And bonuses are awesome!!!! :thumbsup2

Great news! Congrats!

I checked in online and printed out our boarding passes - A 53, 53 and 54. I did it right at the time the flight leaves - I guess all the Early Bird Check ins got in ahead of us.

Curious about EBCI cause I did it on the way home from Orlando. SUCH a pain always having to stop what we are doing and hunt up guest services and get them to check us in and print boarding passes. I think EBCI will be much better and then we can print at our convenience at the resort sometimes before the flight. We dont leave until next Monday night so I guess anytime that day we can get them printed out at the front desk.

Great news! Congrats!

I checked in online and printed out our boarding passes - A 53, 53 and 54. I did it right at the time the flight leaves - I guess all the Early Bird Check ins got in ahead of us.

Curious about EBCI cause I did it on the way home from Orlando. SUCH a pain always having to stop what we are doing and hunt up guest services and get them to check us in and print boarding passes. I think EBCI will be much better and then we can print at our convenience at the resort sometimes before the flight. We dont leave until next Monday night so I guess anytime that day we can get them printed out at the front desk.

So you didn't do EBCI for your way down to Orlando? Those are pretty good boarding positions without it! :goodvibes

Finally down to our last 48 hours before we leave! I am SO excite to go and DH actually seems excited. :thumbsup2 Now we are trying to decide if we want to go to Disney Quest or do TL on Sat. Does anyone know if once you are inside DQ do you have to pay anything extra for any of the games or experiences? I can't seem to get the "search" engine to work here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter