**OFFICIAL DIS PODCAST CRUISE** May 16-20, 2022 on the Disney Dream

Yet another question from somebody who hasn't cruised DCL in several years:

How does arrival work for those of us driving to the port and parking at the terminal? Do we drop our luggage first and then pull into the garage for parking/testing? Or are there porters in the garage to take our luggage before we test?

Getting excited - we started packing today! :jumping1:

How does arrival work for those of us driving to the port and parking at the terminal? Do we drop our luggage first and then pull into the garage for parking/testing? Or are there porters in the garage to take our luggage before we test?

There will be people directing you as you arrive. First you'll drop your luggage, then pull into garage for testing. You won't be able to do it wrong.

We are super-excited too!

Hi Jeff,

Teresa and I did this last December...

We drove to where the porters are and they took our luggage, then we continued to the parking structure. They have designated stalls for testing. The cast member told us what stall to go to, and then they came to our window and give us the kits to swab our nostrils. We put the swabs in a tube that they give you, then parked our car as normal and waited for the text to board the ship. It took less than an hour. We never got out of the car until we got the go-ahead to board.

Here is an article Jackie wrote:
https://dclfan.com/planning/the-newest-boarding-pre-boarding-process-for-disney-cruise-line/

Here is a pic (not mine)

1652331818860.png

Things are progressing as expected. Reports of some folks testing positive and not being able to cruise but not that many.

Back home and just wanted to say it was a fabulous cruise. My first cruise and first Disney cruise.
Just a few thoughts.
  • So sorry Deni couldn't make it on the cruise due to her husband testing positive.
  • Jodi Benson and her family put on a fabulous show. Her daughter Delaney is someone to watch as she's inherited the talents of both of her parents.
  • The Beauty and the Beast show was truly Broadway quality.
  • Pete's mom is a treasure; funny, sharp as a tack and looks decades younger than her real age.
  • Teresa Echols is a very charming woman and can work the room like an expert. I'm glad I introduced myself and my friend to her and we found an Illinois connection.
  • I'm thankful to fellow cruiser Jennifer who messaged me the Podcaster schedule as I didn't think to copy it down anywhere and without internet access I likely would have missed something.
  • Loved the Podcaster discussion/presentation/talk on Thursday. Could have listened to them for another hour at least.
  • Someone needs to supply Pete with some nice handkerchiefs when the waterworks start. He was just adorable.

Last edited:
The podcast cruise was awesome. Have to give it up for the cruise line crew. The 2 servers at dinner were telling us they were leaving soon to go back home because they work 13 hour days everyday for months without a day off and it was just not worth it. Which is sad because they were great at it, always smiling and joking, very fun guys.

We really enjoyed the cruise and the extra activities the DIS arranged. Saw lots of folks that we had met on prior PCC's or other DIS events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter