OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

It's packing day for us...my one and only off day of work before we leave and I get to spend it packing and finishing up odds and ends. I can't believe how close it is. To those that are going now, have a safe trip and we'll be seeing you real soon :goodvibes.

Packing day here too. We pick up our rental van later today and leave in the morning. We are spending tomorrow night in Canoga Park and having a bowling family night there before we head to the park Friday morning! I am so excited. I will not be able to sleep tonight. I am worse than the kids!

We're at the airport (delayed), but just wanted to report back on our time. We're WDW gets, but have been to DL a few times. We enjoyed our time. We were in the parks 12/17- 12/19. Sunday was awesome....crowds were like what we see at WDW end of Aug./beginning of Sept. It was great we basically walked on or fastpasses just about everything...park hrs. were 8-12am at Disneyland and we rode 23 rides, which included time spent watching the 130 parade, WOC, and taking a few hrs. of a break late afternoon. We got fastpasses for WOC that night and did the 2nd show yellow side and OMG, there was sloop much room, it was so nice and uncrowded. Last time we were there it was much more crowded. After Sunday, I thought we'd be in for more of the same Mon. and Tues., but totally different story...it was much busier Mon. and Tues. and not nearly as pleasant lol. It wasn't miserable, but it definitely was nowhere near as fun as Sun. They ended up extending hrs. at least at DL last night, although man there were A LOT of ride closures throughout the day.

We used Maxpass and as much as I hated paying for it, it was 100% worth it. On Sun. We got 15 fastpasses, and that was with a good amount of downtime.

Overall we had a nice time and hoping to have an uneventful flight back :).

Is anyone that is leaving now planning on doing EMH/MM at DL on Sunday, Monday, or Wednesday. I really would like to know if it makes a difference in crowds being that those are not regular MM/EMH days. If it is packed like regular EMH/MM days then I'll stick to my regular plans.

Is anyone that is leaving now planning on doing EMH/MM at DL on Sunday, Monday, or Wednesday. I really would like to know if it makes a difference in crowds being that those are not regular MM/EMH days. If it is packed like regular EMH/MM days then I'll stick to my regular plans.

We are planning to use our MM on Wednesday. I too am hoping it makes a different but I’ve never been so I won’t have anything to compare it to.

I was looking at the schedule and noticed that extra magic hour is available in both parks some of the days we are there. I guess we will need to decide which days to go where! Our favorite perk of staying onsite.

We'll be in the parks Sunday and Monday. Not sure if we'll be up early enough Sunday morning for those lol but Monday morning for sure we are using EMH for DCA.

2 more sleepssssss!!!!!!!!:banana::banana:

Still have laundry to do, have not started packing and finishing Christmas wrapping. Teehee, nothing like leaving it all to the last minute :earseek: My kids get out of school tomorrow so I have one more kid free day and I shall use my time wisely :laughing:

We'll be in the parks Sunday and Monday. Not sure if we'll be up early enough Sunday morning for those lol but Monday morning for sure we are using EMH for DCA.
I am not sure if i made my question clear. Since EMH/MM at DL is usually T,Th,S but next week it will be all week i wanted to see if there was a difference crowd wise with on the other days. Is this made aware to everyone somewhere at Disneyland? or only people who actually look at the calendar and hours?

I am not sure if i made my question clear. Since EMH/MM at DL is usually T,Th,S but next week it will be all week i wanted to see if there was a difference crowd wise with on the other days. Is this made aware to everyone somewhere at Disneyland? or only people who actually look at the calendar and hours?

Oh haha, gotcha. Yes I was aware that this had been extended since I looked at the calendar. I would assume it would make a difference with the crowds though? I'm assuming they have extended the EMH/MM for the past few years during Christmas week? Wish we could find this info out more easily (I mean,it's out there but in drips and drabs, unless you are willing to pay for Touring Plans or something).

Oh haha, gotcha. Yes I was aware that this had been extended since I looked at the calendar. I would assume it would make a difference with the crowds though? I'm assuming they have extended the EMH/MM for the past few years during Christmas week? Wish we could find this info out more easily (I mean,it's out there but in drips and drabs, unless you are willing to pay for Touring Plans or something).
I just wish I knew how public this is made. Is it only on the calendar or is there a sign somewhere at the gates. I know they usually have the hours posted but no one really reads that right? I am assuming everyone who has MM already knows which day they are using it and it won't be Friday because they think they can't.

@katyringo yes please report back on how your Wednesday at Disneyland MM was.

I just wish I knew how public this is made. Is it only on the calendar or is there a sign somewhere at the gates. I know they usually have the hours posted but no one really reads that right? I am assuming everyone who has MM already knows which day they are using it and it won't be Friday because they think they can't.

@katyringo yes please report back on how your Wednesday at Disneyland MM was.

I don’t think it’s very public. I happened to come across a random blog that mentioned it was every day during Christmas week and when I asked about it before the calendar came out no one knew what I was talking about. I even asked Casey from Disneyland daily and she said it would only be the regular schedule. So I am hoping our Wednesday morning isn’t crazy..

I haven't dealt with this so this is just a guess. When we stayed at DLH there were big noticeable signs in the lobbies that said which park had EMH, so I would guess that it's fairly well announced to onsite guests. But onsite guests are a relatively small number of people. I don't think it would be obvious to offsite guests who don't look at the calendar. On the other hand, I would generally expect that anyone gung-ho enough to show up for MM would also be the type to check the calendar. The parks don't open at the same time every day of the year, so people who like to show up at opening time are probably in the habit of checking the calendar.

My best guess is that it will have a an effect on crowds because there will be people who just look at the opening time on the calendar and don't look closely enough to see MM, and there will also be people who never check the calendar who just assume they know what time the parks open from past experience. I just don't know how a big a group of people that is though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter