****Official August 2014 Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes!! I got that, too! I figured it was just some sort of error. They don't even have the parties until after we get back. My sister went the same time last year and had pics of the decorations that were out already, so I guess they will have some things out.

I thought it was an error too! But someone show me the gift shops and sure enough, they had Halloween merchandise out. I was just curious about the decor being up! It would be cool to see!

Anyone else get an email from Disney saying they're happy you're spending Halloween with them? I thought Halloween started September 1? Someone told me they have Halloween merchandise out already! I leave next weekend. It would be kind of cool to see Halloween Disney on my trip! :)

When do you go?
I haven't had an email but would love to see some Halloween decorations!

Anyone else get an email from Disney saying they're happy you're spending Halloween with them? I thought Halloween started September 1? Someone told me they have Halloween merchandise out already! I leave next weekend. It would be kind of cool to see Halloween Disney on my trip! :)

No email for me, but we are staying until September 1st and every year during the last week of August you can see more and more Halloween decorations and merchandise out. I love Halloween!!! :)

We got back late last night from a wonderful trip.

It started with our flight arriving early. Then our room was ready when we got there at 11:00 am. It was a great room. Exactly what I requested. Perfect.

We had a great first day having Boma for dinner, swimming, and going to DTD.

Our first day at AK it sprinkled a little but nothing big and did rain again until the last night of our trip.

Good meals...
Coral Reef-sat near the fish tank and food and device were really good.

Narcoossee's- best meal of our trip. Great filet and lobster tail. Great service.

Teppan Edo- DS requested for his birthday. Food was good. They brought him out dessert and sang happy birthday and gave him a chef's hat which he wore for the rest of the day.

1900 Park Fare- the step sisters and mother were awesome. We told Anaastasia that our DS was in love with her which made for some quick whit and banter. Very funny.

Parks were less crowded then in mid July trips we have taken, far less tour groups they we have experienced in the past, very humid though. My DH got really dizzy one day and was sick to his stomach. He couldn't stop sweating. It kind of ruined our Hoop de Doo night but he still enjoyed the show, minus eating.

On our bus ride home, another man was sick on the bus. It was just a really hot day. The CM kept telling people to stay hydrated. Even though DH drank a lot, it still took a toll on him and heat doesn't get to him. Please be careful and drink often.

My DH and DD got stuck on ToT for an hour. They had to send the maintenance crew to get them. But my DD loves the ride and decided to ride again anyway and we got two free family Fast passes for the trouble. It made traveling around the park that day very easy.

Frozen fireworks were very fun. The kids also loved the sing along and the Wandering Oaken Trading post. They loved playing in the "snow" which was more like shaved ice, but fun. It was interesting to watch people who obviously don't see snow very often. Lead to some cute people watching moments.

DD loved meeting Elsa and Anna. fast pass + was definitely the way to go with that one. And we were able to get her an Anna coronation day dress which she doesn't want to take off.

We found Fast Pass + was very easy to get extra passes for in MK. We used ten extra one day before we left at 8:00 pm. There were tons available for the little rides (no mine train in afternoon at all) and we didn't wait very long in any line using fast pass +.

The other parks were harder to come by simply because they don't have as many rides, but we were still able to get several extras at each park.

Going to AK one late afternoon was awesome. Road several rides multiple time. Park really clears out after 3. We had a late diner at Yak and a Yeti and walked out of the park after closer....so peaceful.

Only negative- Our meal at Hoop de doo was just ok. Could have been from DH feeling sick. The food was decent. The show was fun, but all of us agreed, we would rather do something else next time.

Sorry this post was long, but we really enjoyed this trip. Spending 9 days really helped us to slow down and not rush things. Our kids were far less tired and we were more energized. Was a great trip.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.

We got back late last night from a wonderful trip.

It started with our flight arriving early. Then our room was ready when we got there at 11:00 am. It was a great room. Exactly what I requested. Perfect.

We had a great first day having Boma for dinner, swimming, and going to DTD.

Our first day at AK it sprinkled a little but nothing big and did rain again until the last night of our trip.

Good meals...
Coral Reef-sat near the fish tank and food and device were really good.

Narcoossee's- best meal of our trip. Great filet and lobster tail. Great service.

Teppan Edo- DS requested for his birthday. Food was good. They brought him out dessert and sang happy birthday and gave him a chef's hat which he wore for the rest of the day.

1900 Park Fare- the step sisters and mother were awesome. We told Anaastasia that our DS was in love with her which made for some quick whit and banter. Very funny.

Parks were less crowded then in mid July trips we have taken, far less tour groups they we have experienced in the past, very humid though. My DH got really dizzy one day and was sick to his stomach. He couldn't stop sweating. It kind of ruined our Hoop de Doo night but he still enjoyed the show, minus eating.

On our bus ride home, another man was sick on the bus. It was just a really hot day. The CM kept telling people to stay hydrated. Even though DH drank a lot, it still took a toll on him and heat doesn't get to him. Please be careful and drink often.

My DH and DD got stuck on ToT for an hour. They had to send the maintenance crew to get them. But my DD loves the ride and decided to ride again anyway and we got two free family Fast passes for the trouble. It made traveling around the park that day very easy.

Frozen fireworks were very fun. The kids also loved the sing along and the Wandering Oaken Trading post. They loved playing in the "snow" which was more like shaved ice, but fun. It was interesting to watch people who obviously don't see snow very often. Lead to some cute people watching moments.

DD loved meeting Elsa and Anna. fast pass + was definitely the way to go with that one. And we were able to get her an Anna coronation day dress which she doesn't want to take off.

We found Fast Pass + was very easy to get extra passes for in MK. We used ten extra one day before we left at 8:00 pm. There were tons available for the little rides (no mine train in afternoon at all) and we didn't wait very long in any line using fast pass +.

The other parks were harder to come by simply because they don't have as many rides, but we were still able to get several extras at each park.

Going to AK one late afternoon was awesome. Road several rides multiple time. Park really clears out after 3. We had a late diner at Yak and a Yeti and walked out of the park after closer....so peaceful.

Only negative- Our meal at Hoop de doo was just ok. Could have been from DH feeling sick. The food was decent. The show was fun, but all of us agreed, we would rather do something else next time.

Sorry this post was long, but we really enjoyed this trip. Spending 9 days really helped us to slow down and not rush things. Our kids were far less tired and we were more energized. Was a great trip.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.

I cannot believe you are back already! I'm glad you enjoyed your trip! :)

We got back late last night from a wonderful trip. It started with our flight arriving early. Then our room was ready when we got there at 11:00 am. It was a great room. Exactly what I requested. Perfect. We had a great first day having Boma for dinner, swimming, and going to DTD. Our first day at AK it sprinkled a little but nothing big and did rain again until the last night of our trip. Good meals... Coral Reef-sat near the fish tank and food and device were really good. Narcoossee's- best meal of our trip. Great filet and lobster tail. Great service. Teppan Edo- DS requested for his birthday. Food was good. They brought him out dessert and sang happy birthday and gave him a chef's hat which he wore for the rest of the day. 1900 Park Fare- the step sisters and mother were awesome. We told Anaastasia that our DS was in love with her which made for some quick whit and banter. Very funny. Parks were less crowded then in mid July trips we have taken, far less tour groups they we have experienced in the past, very humid though. My DH got really dizzy one day and was sick to his stomach. He couldn't stop sweating. It kind of ruined our Hoop de Doo night but he still enjoyed the show, minus eating. On our bus ride home, another man was sick on the bus. It was just a really hot day. The CM kept telling people to stay hydrated. Even though DH drank a lot, it still took a toll on him and heat doesn't get to him. Please be careful and drink often. My DH and DD got stuck on ToT for an hour. They had to send the maintenance crew to get them. But my DD loves the ride and decided to ride again anyway and we got two free family Fast passes for the trouble. It made traveling around the park that day very easy. Frozen fireworks were very fun. The kids also loved the sing along and the Wandering Oaken Trading post. They loved playing in the "snow" which was more like shaved ice, but fun. It was interesting to watch people who obviously don't see snow very often. Lead to some cute people watching moments. DD loved meeting Elsa and Anna. fast pass + was definitely the way to go with that one. And we were able to get her an Anna coronation day dress which she doesn't want to take off. We found Fast Pass + was very easy to get extra passes for in MK. We used ten extra one day before we left at 8:00 pm. There were tons available for the little rides (no mine train in afternoon at all) and we didn't wait very long in any line using fast pass +. The other parks were harder to come by simply because they don't have as many rides, but we were still able to get several extras at each park. Going to AK one late afternoon was awesome. Road several rides multiple time. Park really clears out after 3. We had a late diner at Yak and a Yeti and walked out of the park after closer....so peaceful. Only negative- Our meal at Hoop de doo was just ok. Could have been from DH feeling sick. The food was decent. The show was fun, but all of us agreed, we would rather do something else next time. Sorry this post was long, but we really enjoyed this trip. Spending 9 days really helped us to slow down and not rush things. Our kids were far less tired and we were more energized. Was a great trip. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.
Awesome we are going for 9 days too! We leave on the 23rd can't wait!!

I need to tell you guys about this, as I know you will all understand!

I do sympathize totally! I agree he needs to either join in with what you planned if he can otherwise go his own way!

I have a sister who insists she has a friend who owns a condo "right across from magic kingdom" and won't take my word for the fact that is not possible lmao!!!!

They had the Halloween stuff out when we arrived last year aug 16, and by the end of the trip the decorations were out in MK!

We got back late last night from a wonderful trip.... Was a great trip. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.

So glad you had a great time! How were the crowds???

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I do sympathize totally! I agree he needs to either join in with what you planned if he can otherwise go his own way!

I have a sister who insists she has a friend who owns a condo "right across from magic kingdom" and won't take my word for the fact that is not possible lmao!!!!

They had the Halloween stuff out when we arrived last year aug 16, and by the end of the trip the decorations were out in MK!

So glad you had a great time! How were the crowds???

The crowds, we felt, were very manageable. Animal Kingdom both times we went was very quiet especially when we went late afternoon. Epcot had very low crowds our last two days there. The first day, there were large crowds, but by the end of the week (August part of trip), not bad at all.

We had one MK afternoon when the crowds were large, but the other two days, we went at Rope Drop and were able to ride everything with the exception of mine train. The line builds very early and gets to an hour wait quite fast, but that left he rest of fantasyland to ride with no problem.

We only saw two large tour groups our last full day (8/4) and they weren't even in ride lines just taking a picture.

I was worried after lots of reports of no fast passes in the afternoon, but we didn't have problems getting fast passes, except for a few major attractions like SDMT and TSM.

Oh dear... :rotfl2:

You have no idea lmao!

The crowds, we felt, were very manageable. Animal Kingdom both times we went was very quiet especially when we went late afternoon. Epcot had very low crowds our last two days there. The first day, there were large crowds, but by the end of the week (August part of trip), not bad at all. We had one MK afternoon when the crowds were large, but the other two days, we went at Rope Drop and were able to ride everything with the exception of mine train. The line builds very early and gets to an hour wait quite fast, but that left he rest of fantasyland to ride with no problem. We only saw two large tour groups our last full day (8/4) and they weren't even in ride lines just taking a picture. I was worried after lots of reports of no fast passes in the afternoon, but we didn't have problems getting fast passes, except for a few major attractions like SDMT and TSM.

That's good to hear!

10 days from now we'll be there!!!! I did a funny dance for the kids tonight and they laughed so hard they almost peed lol. I'm not the best dancer but I have fun ha ha ha!

I do sympathize totally! I agree he needs to either join in with what you planned if he can otherwise go his own way! I have a sister who insists she has a friend who owns a condo "right across from magic kingdom" and won't take my word for the fact that is not possible!

Lol! I don't understand it because he has been twice before!

Thanks for posting your mini report, anjalee. It's been great to hear August DISers reporting back on manageable crowds - sounds like what we usually expect in later August, which is fab :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter