***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought of another batch that were missing, so i submitted 3 forms for the missing photos and so far theyve found 1, so yay!:cool1: i bet theyll find the others too

Less than 12 hours to go. The boys are both asleep. I'm sitting here with a glass of wine. :) DH should be home from work any moment now ... he usually works to midnight or beyond, but went in early today so he could escape a little early.

I just want to thank you all for your advice and encouragement. This is a dream trip for us in so many ways. Wasn't sure we'd ever get back there! Now I'm going out on a limb and say it's just the first of many.

But this one is special. :)

Thanks again. I'm going to try to write a trip report, but who knows, considering what happened to my good intentions with the pre-trip report. :lmao:

Please say hi if you see us in the parks. I have a gaudy green & blue backpack with lime-green Mickeys, longish reddish-brown hair and glasses. ;) DH is a really tall, mostly bald fellow, also with glasses. The boys are 4 (extremely blond) and 8 (sandy hair, Down Syndome). We're unique! :rotfl: (And happy that way.)

And thank you, yet again.

36 hours until we leave for WDW. We're all packed and watching the countdown.

If you see an old couple at MK wearing bride and groom ear hats, that's probably us on our honeymoon. Finally!

I was widowed 5 years ago. She was widowed 14 years ago. We're starting out our married life together playing like a couple of kids! I have one son; she has one son. We're leaving them home! This will be our first vacation ever just the two of us.

WL honeymoon room - here we come!

If you see an old couple at MK wearing bride and groom ear hats, that's probably us on our honeymoon. Finally!

I was widowed 5 years ago. She was widowed 14 years ago. We're starting out our married life together playing like a couple of kids! I have one son; she has one son. We're leaving them home! This will be our first vacation ever just the two of us.

This is just about the cutest thing I've ever read. I hope I see you so I can give you my congratulations! I hope you have an awesome honeymoon!

Dr Ken said:

Sweetest story ever!!! Enjoy your honeymoon! I was there for my honeymoon 15 years ago at WL. Best week ever!

Soft spot in my heart for you both. My mom just got remarried in January. My dad passed 5 yrs ago and my stepfather's wife passed the same year. Enjoy this new phase of your life! What a wonderful place for some magical memories. :-)

We were talking to a couple on the bus who were on their delayed honeymoon and I asked him if he was Dr. Ken. Needless to say, he wasn't. Nor was the red-haired gal Sam Onomotopia. My dh just rolls his eyes.

Wonder what the Limited Time Magic is for next week. Bet it has something to do with cheerleaders or something...LOL:rotfl2:

That is fantastic!

We had our honeymoon there 18 years ago and celebrated our anniversary there in 2008. It was great!

Have a magical trip.

We were talking to a couple on the bus who were on their delayed honeymoon and I asked him if he was Dr. Ken. Needless to say, he wasn't. Nor was the red-haired gal Sam Onomotopia. My dh just rolls his eyes.

ROFL. Love it!

I'll make it easier: I have a goatee. That should narrow it down.

That is the cutest. I hope to bump into you, two there. I will be there on Friday:yay:, with my DS12, BF, her DH, their 3 kids, her sister and her oldest DD10.

Back to work today. Boston is so somber right now. :-( I guess it matches my mood since I am in full post-Disney depression.

To all of those still in the World or yet to start their vacations, please post as much as you are able. I want to live vicariously through you just a bit longer.

Loving and missing the Mouse

Donna we got back to Boston Thursday night. SOOO Sad :( Had a great vaca though. How was yours? We had some tornado activity on Sunday night though. Scary!

We've been here for four days and it's been pretty great. Unfortunately, I've been pretty sick with a cough, but I've pulled through.

I'm going to be pretty darn depressed to go back home, but it's only a couple of months until graduation and about four months until I'm permanently in Florida. :)

I filled out the requests but didnt attach a picture. I had a pretty tight estimate of the times and since they were with characters and not just random shots of us around the parks, i figure theyll be easy enough to find, assuming they came out and werent accidentally deleted or anything. I realized a 3rd session thats missing too (duffy at epcot). Having 3 missing sessions on different days in a 5 day period makes me wonder how often this happens

I think it probably happens fairly often, especially during busier times. It's up to the Photopass photographers to make sure your card gets scanned into the system. I got the feeling from a couple of my photogs that they didn't try very hard, so hopefully all my photos are intact. We didn't take duplicates everywhere.

What was your problem with POR?

I am staying there next week, but dont think I'll have the luxury of moving to a value with the influx of cheerleaders that are coming.

We walked around POR, and liked it a lot better than POFQ where we stayed. The Disney resorts are so different that sometimes certain things just don't appeal to others. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I thought of another batch that were missing, so i submitted 3 forms for the missing photos and so far theyve found 1, so yay!:cool1: i bet theyll find the others too
I hope they find all your pictures!

Well...I'm glad you ran into my DH, because at least that makes you seem a little less crazy to yours!

yup, they ended up finding all 3 of my missing sessions. I still think that's not a very good record for them, losing that many of one person's photos - different parks, different days so it wasn't like a 1 time malfunction or something. :confused3

yup, they ended up finding all 3 of my missing sessions. I still think that's not a very good record for them, losing that many of one person's photos - different parks, different days so it wasn't like a 1 time malfunction or something. :confused3

You're right. They definitely need to retrain the CMs, or figure out a different system. It's not a malfunction. It's human error. I'm almost positive that there's an indicator on the camera that tells them when the number has been recorded, because I've had photogs take extra time to double check. I think I've even had one give me a new card before because he was having trouble with my current one.
It's probably more likely that some just don't care, or are in too much of a hurry.

That's promising that they found them, they've lost 3 sets of our already and we still have 2 days left! It's my 5th time using PP and have never had any trouble before.

They have found one of my missing sets so far, I'll be really bummed if the others don't turn up. One was with the Monsters Inc characters, and I've had "plans" for that picture for some time. The other was the Beast dancing with DD at BoG.

That's promising that they found them, they've lost 3 sets of our already and we still have 2 days left! It's my 5th time using PP and have never had any trouble before.

They have found one of my missing sets so far, I'll be really bummed if the others don't turn up. One was with the Monsters Inc characters, and I've had "plans" for that picture for some time. The other was the Beast dancing with DD at BoG.

Wow, they just have a terrible success rate for this! I wouldnt mind if it was a free service, but they charge enough for it! They should get it right!

Just arrived at WL CL. Finally!

Tomorrow, we're spending the day at MK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter