• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add me to the list!!! DH and I are thisclose to making the commitment to go April 12-21st of next year for school vacation. Just need to be sure a yearly trip he must take for work won't interfere. This will be our fourth time together and 3rd time with the kids. We plan to surprise them this time!!!!!

Debating renting a house offsite vs staying on property. We have never stayed on-site though and both DH and I really want to do it at least once. We are thinking of POR as they have some rooms that will fit 5 people. It will be more expensive than renting a place, but I really want to do it!!! What's a couple extra shifts at work, right?? :)

Does anybody know if those rooms get booked up fast? If I call to book now and we have to change our plans, will I have to pay a fee to cancel or change the reservation?

Thanks!

I suggest you hop on over here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2904701 and talk to the POR experts. They'll have all the answers you need about POR.

I think our dates will be the 13th-19th. A bit shorter than our 10 day trip was this year. It was a bit too long to be away from our Lily (toy fox terrier) other than that it was great! so 6 night and 7 day for us. Still leaning towards the Boardwalk (renting DVC points from a co worker) If not then we will try out AOA??? Waiting to see pics and hear from others that stay there soon. NO dining plan for us next time either! We will just pick out 3 TS that we want to do and just eat as we go next time. Hope to keep other April 2013 DISers company :grouphug:

ok, I am officially jumping in on this thread early, even though nothing is set in stone. In fact, I only just decided 5 minutes ago that I want to do this after seeing all the new pix/video of the new AoA resort! :lmao:
I originally was going to take YDD for a quick trip in Jan. or Feb. and maybe stay there, but it looks so awesome, I want all of us to go. DH is a teacher so we have to go during school vacations and Feb. is way too crowded there, so April it is. It starts Sat. the 13th next year and crowd estimates don't look too bad (7 on that saturday then goes down to 6, 5, 4s during the week, then back up to 7 for the weekend). I was just there during this past April vacation (came back monday) and we hardly waited in any lines at all (we're there at rope drop).
Now I just have to figure out how to come up with the $$ b/c I spent every last penny of our vacation fund on this past trip. :rolleyes:

I think our dates will be the 13th-19th. A bit shorter than our 10 day trip was this year. It was a bit too long to be away from our Lily (toy fox terrier) other than that it was great! so 6 night and 7 day for us. Still leaning towards the Boardwalk (renting DVC points from a co worker) If not then we will try out AOA??? Waiting to see pics and hear from others that stay there soon. NO dining plan for us next time either! We will just pick out 3 TS that we want to do and just eat as we go next time. Hope to keep other April 2013 DISers company :grouphug:

Oh, I just saw your avatar and realized you were on the April 2012 too, and a fellow M***hole (ha ha, j/k) as well. :thumbsup2

ETA: Ha! I just saw that it edited out my word, lol. I added the 'hole' back in so you know what I'm talking about. ;)

I can't believe I finally get to do this, but count us in too! We were originally planning our first ever trip to the World for March 2013, but we had to push it back to April. So, we'll be there April 23-May 4, 2013 instead! This is better anyway, because our first full day in the parks will be my dd's 9th birthday. (I'll never be able to top this present :laughing:.)

I can't believe I finally get to do this, but count us in too! We were originally planning our first ever trip to the World for March 2013, but we had to push it back to April. So, we'll be there April 23-May 4, 2013 instead! This is better anyway, because our first full day in the parks will be my dd's 9th birthday. (I'll never be able to top this present :laughing:.)

oooh, first trip ever, how exciting! I had the most fun ever planning our first trip last year (not mine & DH's first time, but the kids' first time). Do you already know where you're staying?

oooh, first trip ever, how exciting! I had the most fun ever planning our first trip last year (not mine & DH's first time, but the kids' first time). Do you already know where you're staying?

Yes, this is my first trip too, and it's been a lifetime in the making. We were debating between staying at POFQ or AoA, but after seeing the recent pictures of AoA, and having my dd who is a huge Little Mermaid fan, it was a no brainer to choose the new resort instead. We're both so excited, we could burst. I'm hoping the next year just flies by :laughing:.

TjDisneymama totally got it, ha ha ha! Yes we are hoping to be back next April! How was your trip with your son?

I'm planning our April 2013 trip! The dates are most likely 4/21- 4/28 although we might stay just 5 days. This trip will be me, 14 year old dd (she will turn 15 during our trip), and my 12 year old ds. I have no idea where we are staying yet. We just did CSR but I want something different next time. Ive played around with the idea of staying at the poly. Dd and I absolutely fell in love with MK and I think it would be amazing to be so close. We'll see though!

Come on, where are all the April, 2013 peeps? Time's a wasting, we have less than 11 months to obsess/plan!! :lmao:

I'm here!! haven't had as much time on the Dis since we came back :( busy time at work "recital" coming up! End of year school stuff...and both boys getting ready to transition schools. Older DS will go into HS and younger DS into middle school :worried: he is on an IEP and we need to make sure everything is in place for next year. UGHH.

I am keeping my eyes open for pics reviews of the AOA! Its between that and Boardwalk studio. Hope others come join us ;)

I know, I have so much end of year stuff coming up - chaperoning field trips (drew the short straw on the State House field trip, lol), attending end of year parties and concerts, DS' Art & Literacy night, the Town's Family Fun night....... jeez, just end the school year already :rolleyes2

Just a minor change, we are going April 13-18 staying at AKL Jambo house and I am so excited!! We have never been to AKL, it looks wonderful. Then the 3 day cruise 18 - 21. The kids don't know we are staying at AKL, I told them we are staying at the Holiday Inn. Can't wait to see their faces! I don't want to wish a year away, but I can't wait for our trip!! :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter