"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the party was amazing. We got lucky with the weather no rain! Headless horseman was able to be out and grave diggers had sparks. Like others have said I thought the crowds were a lot more manageable then when we went in 2019. We were able to walk up about 5 minutes before and got good firework spots and front row for parade. Here is everything we got done:

*Jack & Sally
*Pooh and friends
* Elvis Stitch
*Donald and Minnie (Daisey wasn't out )
*Mickey
*Jafar
*got a photo with the step sisters but they were roaming
*(we also got a photo with Jack Sparrow but that was in the afternoon)
*1 Parade
*Fireworks
*Hocus Pocus Show
*Did some trick or treating
*waited for 5 of the special photopass
*did regular photo passes
*did some shopping

It was a blast! I'd go again!
How long did you wait for Elvis Stitch?

We are going in a few weeks on a Thursday night. Staying at the Beach Club and spending the first two days at Epcot for the Food and Wine Fest. The third day, our MNSSHP day, we plan to head to Disney Springs during the day, spend some time at the resort and take Disney transportation to MK to enter the park around 4. We probably won't last until 12 at the party and am trying to determine the best way to get back to the Beach Club. Our options as I see it are

• Take Disney Transportation
  • We have a rental car and could drive over and park at the TTC and then drive back.
  • Walk to the Contemporary or take transportation to the TTC and Uber it back.
How are the busses at near the end of the party, say between 10 and 11, back to the resorts?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have enjoyed reading and keeping up with this thread in order to prepare for our party last night. I learned a lot from reading other people's experiences, so thought I'd post mine in case it helps anyone.

We (DS 19 and I) attended the party on Friday, September 9th. This was our first party of any kind, but we are semi-regular park goers, taking family trips every couple of years going back to 2008.

We had day tickets, so after a morning at EPCOT and a rest back in our room, we entered MK about 3:35. We generally took our time and didn't rush around. We really wanted to soak in the party atmosphere, plus this was our last day of a quick 4 day trip with early mornings each day which was catching up to us. Here's all that we accomplished in the order we did it:

--Pooh-10 minute wait
--IASW-walk on
--SDMT-20 minute wait
--dinner at Cosmic Ray’s; we sat by the window looking out towards the castle and the bridge towards the teacups and this proved to be so fun as we people watched while we ate and saw so many great costumes!
--Splash-walk on
--BTMRR-10 minute wait
--Dumbo-walk on
--met Goofy-this was great timing, we lined up about 6:52 and there were only about 5 groups in line at that time; Goofy came out right at 7 and the time stamp on my pictures is 7:07 (I read somewhere that it's nice if you can meet him early in the party while its still light outside in order to get better pictures since he's outside)
--Barnstormer-walk on
--trick or trait trail in Story book circus (train station)
--Pirates-10 minute wait (I thought this was really cool with the live actors, there were 2 of them in the line and 2 of them on a bridge in the ride)
--2 trick or trait trails in Adventureland
--Magic Carpets-walk on
--BTMRR-5-10 minute wait
--2 trick or treat trails in Frontierland (Splash and Tom Sawyer dock)
--got our spot for the parade ~8:45 because we were in Frontierland and we wanted a front row spot and it was starting to fill in (we sat in front of Liberty Tree)
--watched the parade and it was awesome! Highlights for me were the headless horseman (feel so lucky we got to see him!) and the grave diggers and HM float
--headed to Main Street for fireworks
--3 trick or treat trails in Tomorrowland
--met Donald, Daisy and Minnie; there was only a 5 minute wait where as it was estimated to be 1-2 hours right after we met Goofy at 7 (I had asked at that time)
--3 trick or treat trails in Fantasyland
--met Mickey-10-15 minute wait
--left the park ~11:40

We had an incredible time! My goals were to do a good mix of riding rides, meet some characters, trick or treating, and see the parade and fireworks. We accomplished all of that! Secondary things that I thought might have been nice to do, but we didn't have the chance to do were HM and the Cadaver Dans. Having nothing to compare to, I thought the crowds were completely reasonable and that it was definitely worth the money. I would love to do another party in the future!

Attachments

• IMG_6492.jpeg
    IMG_6492.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6462.jpeg
    IMG_6462.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6423.jpeg
    IMG_6423.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6395.jpeg
    IMG_6395.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

We are going in a few weeks on a Thursday night. Staying at the Beach Club and spending the first two days at Epcot for the Food and Wine Fest. The third day, our MNSSHP day, we plan to head to Disney Springs during the day, spend some time at the resort and take Disney transportation to MK to enter the park around 4. We probably won't last until 12 at the party and am trying to determine the best way to get back to the Beach Club. Our options as I see it are

• We have a rental car and could drive over and park at the TTC and then drive back.
How are the busses at near the end of the party, say between 10 and 11, back to the resorts?

Guessing you’re aware but just a reminder that there isn’t any transportation from DS directly to a park so if you’re going from DS to MK, if using Disney transportation you will need to leave time to go to a resort first.

The fireworks are at 10:15pm, so if you’re heading to the buses right before that, it should be fine. If you’re heading to the buses at 10:45pm, I’d expect the possibility of lines.

How long did you wait for Elvis Stitch?
It was about an hour we got in line around 7:30. It appeared to get shorter as we waited. I grabbed cosmic rays while my mom waited in line and then we ate in line to save time.

Guessing you’re aware but just a reminder that there isn’t any transportation from DS directly to a park so if you’re going from DS to MK, if using Disney transportation you will need to leave time to go to a resort first.
Yes, the plan is to drive to DS and back to the Beach Club in the rental car. Last time we went I seem to recall the busses were infrequent and had multiple stops. Took about an hour each way. For what appears to be a 10 minute drive.

The fireworks are at 10:15pm, so if you’re heading to the buses right before that, it should be fine. If you’re heading to the buses at 10:45pm, I’d expect the possibility of lines.
We will most likely stay for the fireworks then leave. Given the time of night and that we can’t Uber or drive right from the entrance to MK I think the buses are going to make the most sense.

How plentiful are Photopass photographers?
I would say they are plentiful and yet the lines can get long. We stayed for the 12am stage show and, walking down Main St after, I considered trying for some last PP photos. There was a photographer every few yards, but all of them still had 4+ family lines and my kids were too tired to wait for one more thing.

All dates now sold-out
I knew I should have screenshot it.

I logged in and out. The main party screen showed party as unavailable, you could not click through it. However, I had another screen that had a link to “purchase tickets” and that showed the dates gone.

It’s doing the same thing to me again this morning (no dates), but this time I took a screenshot. Now WDWNT is reporting it as sold-out. However, it may be a glitch.

B7479649-32B3-4B3B-931B-F087DC63503E.jpegD7710AAC-31E5-4DC2-A314-61DC9632180D.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah it looks to be sold out. We’re arriving now and I was looking because I was curious. I do think the site is glitching because it shows me 10/16 randomly but you aren’t able to purchase.

Anyway, it looks like it might be a slightly rainy night at the party. Wish us luck!

E636C8E2-4331-4269-9C3A-7187861ED9FC.png

Yeah it looks to be sold out. We’re arriving now and I was looking because I was curious. I do think the site is glitching because it shows me 10/16 randomly but you aren’t able to purchase.

Anyway, it looks like it might be a slightly rainy night at the party. Wish us luck!

View attachment 701397
That’s what I see too.

Sorry but what is the bypass I was reading about a few posts back?
It's a walkway behind Main St that gets opened for people to come in and get their treat bag and first bag of candy. It is also often opened after fireworks to allow people to exit the park more efficiently, although in that case the traffic flow is in the opposite direction.

If you're coming in for the party, it's hard to miss.

PXL_20220830_201353188.jpg

Hi everyone. Going to the party in a couple weeks with a 9yr old who is focused on rides, fireworks, parade and trick or treating. She has never seen the Hocus Pocus movie. Is the Hocus Pocus show more geared towards adults? Do kids her age still enjoy the show even if they have no idea who the Sanderson characters are?

Hi everyone. Going to the party in a couple weeks with a 9yr old who is focused on rides, fireworks, parade and trick or treating. She has never seen the Hocus Pocus movie. Is the Hocus Pocus show more geared towards adults? Do kids her age still enjoy the show even if they have no idea who the Sanderson characters are?
The 7 and 9 yo I was with enjoyed it. It has so many villains it’s fun if you know oogie boogie or Dr Facillier or the queens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter