• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Will be there mid Sept. and hoping to attend the MNSSHP. Will we be looked at strangely if we won’t dress up and can we still trick or treat if we don’t(we want o minimize what we pack)? How long is the line to meet pooh and friends usually durig the party? Thanks
Pooh and friends can command quite a long line and take frequent breaks. We lined up about 6:30 and met them at the end of their first set (around 7:30).

Since I will be going to the party on August 21, I will be more than glad to post all I see: candy, characters, magic shots, and whatever else I come across being there. I have done Oct parties so this will be my first August party and the second of the season.

Convinced that the early park closing is concrete evidence that the party will be held?

Any tips on meeting Jafar AND Queen of Hearts in one night? We aren't trying to do rides. Our focus will be these meets, parade and fireworks.

I followed the 2017 thread because we went to the party and I wanted to post about our experience on this one. We went last year the Friday before Labor Day and it was packed and it rained. We waited well over an hour to meet Belle and Gaston and then it rained for over two hours. Both shows were canceled and the parades were delayed. They basically had a parade, fireworks and the second parade back to back to back. Since it rained and nothing was going on the trick or treat lines were huge. Honestly, I don’t think it would have been that great without the rain either. We just didn’t like it, but that’s just my opinion.

Convinced that the early park closing is concrete evidence that the party will be held?
I sure am!!! Even though I am planning my big Halloween vacation next Oct, when I heard of this rumor, and since going to be down there anyways for UO, I thought I would take the chance, wishing for some pixie dust!!!!

Any tips on meeting Jafar AND Queen of Hearts in one night? We aren't trying to do rides. Our focus will be these meets, parade and fireworks.
I met Alice n Mad Tea Hatter right at 7 though got in line at 6 then I met Queen with Tweedles at 930. They had to leave for the parade and came back after.

Okay smart Halloween people, I need help with costume ideas. None of us (me, DH, DS who will be 13) are big costume people but I feel as though we should do something!

I am not a crafty person but can online order like a champ!

I’d love any ideas of any group costumes that are easy and good to wear in FL August weather!

Thanks for any ideas.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
Okay smart Halloween people, I need help with costume ideas. None of us (me, DH, DS who will be 13) are big costume people but I feel as though we should do something!

I’d love any ideas of any group costumes that are easy and good to wear in FL August weather!

Thanks for any ideas.
I am a simple person so I created t-shirts. If you go onto Pinterest and type in Disney Halloween T-shirt, multiple designs appear. This is where I found my shirts, 2 for last year and one for this year. Then you go to amazon and buy canvas bags for your Halloween candy and have a design created on that. I made my own Minnie ears again ideas from Pinterest. If you are not an ear fan, I created a Halloween head band and wore that around my forehead last year. I see more children in costumes, adults in something simple. Though multiple families will come up with a theme.

I am struggling with costumes since we will be going in mid October so the weather could be warm or cool.

Quick question for those of you who did a Halloween Party last year: how were the wait times for the rides? We may do a weekday party this year.

B09C0A90-5EAD-48CD-AFB6-64C1769230A9.jpeg First here are my Halloween ears second most of us will agree that the weekend parties are busier because of Floridians are off work/school. They say the best days are Tuesday and Thursday. I have gone on both and Tuesday was least busiest of the two. Some may disagree because it also depends on weather and what is going on around the city.

We are holding out hope that 8/17 is the first MNSSHP. I am thinking that it is really closed for a private party. We are currently booked and checking out on 8/16 but would gladly extend if the party is 8/17.....not so patiently waiting over here in NY

We are holding out hope that 8/17 is the first MNSSHP. I am thinking that it is really closed for a private party. We are currently booked and checking out on 8/16 but would gladly extend if the party is 8/17.....not so patiently waiting over here in NY
It is hard to say what is going on hopefully something is mentioned soon

The last week of October will be our 2nd visit. Struggling right now as we booked out return trip right after our first trip last October! The waiting is incredibly frustrating as when we booked last year, it was fairly close to the 180 day mark. So now it's playing the waiting game until MNSSHP dates are announced..hoping there will be a party on the 28th! We went on actual Halloween last year and it was packed, so hoping for a less crowded party this time around.

Thanks for any ideas.

For last years party I ordered tshirts on Etsy. We went to the first August party and it was HOT! I'm not crafty at all and I also knew I would never get DH to dress up. So this worked out nicely for our family.

I sure am!!! Even though I am planning my big Halloween vacation next Oct, when I heard of this rumor, and since going to be down there anyways for UO, I thought I would take the chance, wishing for some pixie dust!!!!

I’m with you for the pixie dust; the 21st is our last night - we will go this night if there is a party.

When I was at the 09/11/16 MNSSHP, Jafar hardly had a wait at all. I was very surprised by it! We waited maybe 10 minutes. And this was relatively early in the night, before the first parade and fireworks.

Genie’s line was fairly long tho!

Does anyone have any costume ideas for families? I’m not the creative type and I can’t make my own lol. It will be me, DH, DD7, DD4 and DS2. I’d love to do a matching group theme but all the ones I’ve seen are families of 4!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter