"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I was not at the party last year but I can tell you that song! That would be "Magic Dance" by David Bowie from the movie Labyrinth!

Thank you, but actually no (although "Magic Dance" is one of my favorites). I found the song I was looking for this morning, through a search that I hadn't thought of before. I hope everyone enjoys! This should put you in the mood for a Halloween party:

We are going August 16-25th this year, fingers crossed for a MNSSHP...we went last in September 2015 and it rained during our party. It was still fun but I would love to get to one this year..without rain!

Thank you, but actually no (although "Magic Dance" is one of my favorites). I found the song I was looking for this morning, through a search that I hadn't thought of before. I hope everyone enjoys! This should put you in the mood for a Halloween party:

I also went a big search for this song last year, and was able to find it using the phrases and words you remembered. Wish I had seen this earlier as I could have told you :)

We will be at WDW for only 2 nights after a short cruise. We'll be there Labor Day and the following Tuesday. Hope for a party either night. Chances?

So my DH actually thinks he might want to do this in place of our MK day. Of meet and greets aren't a priority, can we get everything done from 4- midnight?

You can meet Jack and Sally OR you can meet everyone else OR you can go on the rides, meet some of the folks, and get lots of candy.

But then again you can get in at 4 and line up for Jack and Sally for a few hours before they show up, then book it over to 7 dwarves, then go mop up the other exclusives, watch the parade, see the fireworks, then go ride things and still end up with candy.

So maybe.

All other meet and greets can take a hike, these guys are the best in any of the parks!
5 months after our trip and I’m still mad I missed these guys at our parties!! Lol my favorites ever!!!!!!

1OLTnt4.jpg

You can meet Jack and Sally OR you can meet everyone else OR you can go on the rides, meet some of the folks, and get lots of candy.

But then again you can get in at 4 and line up for Jack and Sally for a few hours before they show up, then book it over to 7 dwarves, then go mop up the other exclusives, watch the parade, see the fireworks, then go ride things and still end up with candy.

So maybe.
Watch this thread and have game plan a week or so before you leave. Jack n Sally, you must line up right at 4 when you arrive in park. Around 6ish, get in line for Pooh n gang or head over to the Big top tent at 430 for dwarves. You will be able to see other characters but if a bigger character is more important perhaps do that one first. Candy will be handed out ALL night and it is true wait until later in the night n get it because the bag will be HEAVY!!!

I almost missed them last year. I was walking down the side path to get candy at Tom Sawyer Dock and noticed these 2 guys hanging around. I asked if I could just take a random picture and this is when I found out it was an actual photo for memory maker!!!!

Yay yay yay!!! So glad to see the new thread!!!!! We went to our first two parties last September and while they were both sold out and very busy, we had so so much fun!!! Going back first week in September and hoping for that Thursday 9-6 party that is being rumored!! Only planning one party this trip... for now! :cool1: Our son has had our costumes picked out since last year so I’m hoping I can pull that together!!! Can’t wait to plan and prepare with everyone again!! Wahooooo!!!!

My itinerary from last year - I completely skipped rides. When my friend and I were going separately we always were chatting to people and let them know the second person was coming.

1. Wristband at Main Entrance. I got in line 45 minutes before unofficial entry and by no means was the first.
2. Off to Jack and Sally line. Speed walked, no break. Was eighth, and three of the groups had someone there without wristband keeping their space and switched off.
3. Waited for Jack and Sally. My friend caught up with me and said she didn't want to meetJack and Sally, but was going to get food. She offered to keep my space in the Dwarfs line which I took her up on.
4. Jack and Sally came out earlier as usual. Saw them towards end of the first set and rushed to Dwarfs to free my friend. Met Dwarves shortly after second set started.
5. My friend had gone to Pooh & Gang, her must do meet, and ended up being 4th. I caught up with her there after Jack and Sally. Met Pooh and Gang comfortably in first set.
6. Got one of the special treats in Tomorrowland.
7. Met Lotso. Then my friend realized Abu was out and we split up for a while.
8. I met Tarzan, Jane and Terk, shortest wait of the night.
9. Got another one of the Specialty Desserts.
10. Over to Haunted Mansion for photos and ghosts.
11. Found Grave Digger Meet while looking for a trick or treat trail.
12. Did trick or treat line after all. :D
13. Stumbled into Brear Bear entertaining people along the parade route.
14. Got another dessert and brought one over to my friend who was still in the Aladdin line.
15. Met Aladdin and Abu.
16. Treat line for me on the way while she did the Grave Digger Meet.
17. When checking for Parade spots there still was plenty of time, so we went to check out the Donald/Daisy meet. Line there was ridiculously slow, so my friend sent me to Pirate Goofy whose line wasn't faster. We had to give up in the end because we did not want to risk missing the second parade. I got a seat on the curb after a kind soul sitting there saw me limping and insisted I sat down. My friend stood behind me.
17. Second Parade, watched Hocus Pocus show from the distance.
18. Hocus Pocus show closer to stage.
19. Last round through the parks checking if Mansion Ghosts still were out, doing Photopass photos and treat lines.

The biggest problem was the Jack and Sally/Dwarfs decision. If we had not split up this would not have been doable unless we had given up other character meets. By the point I had ran over there the line was at least an hour longer, and I wasn't messing about while getting from A to B. Before my friend offered to skip Jack and Sally and keep my spot I actually had removed the Dwarfs from my plans.

Anyone know how long the line for Pooh and friends normally is? Thinking of doing party instead of CP breakfast. My kids wanted to meet them, but this would be a better "value" then a meal CP

Anyone know how long the line for Pooh and friends normally is? Thinking of doing party instead of CP breakfast. My kids wanted to meet them, but this would be a better "value" then a meal CP

I would put it fourth longest of the night after Jack/Sally, Dwarfs and Moana. Another thing is it moves really slow, and they take half hour breaks between sets if I remember correctly.

Would your kids be okay with special outfits? They wear Halloween costumes during the party.

If you have no other character goals you could still get in line for them before the party starts. At least you wouldn't spend valuable party time in line then.

My guys would probably love the outfits. I guess I will just watch for party reports as we get closer. Do they usually meet at Pooh's ride? Thinking the kids could do tea cups while keeping an eye on the line

My guys would probably love the outfits. I guess I will just watch for party reports as we get closer. Do they usually meet at Pooh's ride? Thinking the kids could do tea cups while keeping an eye on the line

Yes, next to the ride. It's the same area where the regular Pooh meet is throughout the day.

I just thought I better mention the outfits. One woman in line behind us totally flipped because she hadn't realized and wanted "normal" Eeyore.

We lined up around 6:30 and were one of the last to meet them in their first set. I sent DH and the kids on the tea cups while I waited :)

What time does BOG close on party days? Is dinner still served?
The restaurant is open all night. Last year you could eat until 6 with a regular park ticket. There was then a separate link to book dining during the party, which required a party ticket.

How is the line for the Grave Diggers? I'm doing HM ears and a tank from etsy as my "costume" and would love to get a pic with them. Are there other HM photo ops?

How is the line for the Grave Diggers? I'm doing HM ears and a tank from etsy as my "costume" and would love to get a pic with them. Are there other HM photo ops?
When we saw the grave diggers (AMAZING. best interaction ever, and they don't even talk!), there were 2 people in line. A few others used the "photo op" area with a giant pumpkin/ornament (?) looking thing...but they thought that's what the photographer was there for; most weren't interested in waiting between sets. They're kind of in a spot that most people would walk by without noticing (this is the same for others like Cruella).

Outside the gates to HM, there was a cool shot with a lantern that we held up, and then there was another magic shot inside the gates near where the performances are. I wish I could upload my pics from these but I'm failing at that. We hit the HM area just as it was getting dark and the lines were totally manageable but built fast

When we saw the grave diggers (AMAZING. best interaction ever, and they don't even talk!), there were 2 people in line. A few others used the "photo op" area with a giant pumpkin/ornament (?) looking thing...but they thought that's what the photographer was there for; most weren't interested in waiting between sets. They're kind of in a spot that most people would walk by without noticing (this is the same for others like Cruella).

Outside the gates to HM, there was a cool shot with a lantern that we held up, and then there was another magic shot inside the gates near where the performances are. I wish I could upload my pics from these but I'm failing at that. We hit the HM area just as it was getting dark and the lines were totally manageable but built fast

Ooooohhhhh, so excited!!!! I saw the ones with the lantern, they look so cool. I'm definitely hitting all the HM photo spots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter