"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

We have decided to attend the Oct 19th party for DD's 15th birthday. We are long time Disney people, but last year was the first time we were able to make a Halloween party. I sew, so I made costumes for everyone and we had a ball. It is all DD has said she wanted for her birthday for months. We were originally not planning to go because she is a Varsity cheerleader this year, and missing a Friday night game isn't an option. We lucked up and that week's game is on a Thursday night, so we are making a flying trip to do the party. She never asks for anything so I am glad I can make it happen for her. She is planning to go as Yzma, DH is doing a Jedi, and I have a Nightmare Before Christmas dress ordered for me.

Are the Hocus Pocus t-shirts (character design and purple) women's shirts? They look vaguely like a baby doll shirt. I really want one, but if they're cut and sized for women, I may skip it.

Also, should I plan on getting in front for the final Hocus Pocus show 20 minutes early to get relatively close to the stage? Hocus Pocus has been my favorite movie for 25 years now -- I've had a framed poster hanging in my childhood bedroom (and now my house) since 1993.

Yes, it's a women's shirt.

Can't help you with the second question.

I wanted to add for those who are getting parade viewing.
Because we had so much room, my kids had a ton of interaction from characters in the parade. (we weren't hidden in the crowds)
My DD16 had Loki Mickey ears on, and soooo many characters either spoke to her about her ears, or made jesters to her. A few: Jafar, skeleton band member, Peter Pan, Mad Hatter, and more, it was making her night. pixiedust:

Donald had a cape on, as did my DS6, so Donald went out of his way to point this out to him. (Donald is his fav too, so that made his night)

The ghost dancers will make eye contact with you and make facial expressions just for you or your children. And other characters will make your kids feel noticed. It really beats just being in the crowds,,,

My point, if main street view is not a priority, move over to space, and you will get a great view and great interactions for fantastic memories. :)

Also, because we went to the parade spot late, the dessert party did not cut into our party time. We still had time to load up 2 plates of desserts and get plenty to drink before the fireworks started.

I truly wish they had this option every year, it really did make our party night perfect.

Hope you all have a fantastic time on your nights! :maleficen

Yes, it's a women's shirt.

Can't help you with the second question.

Thanks, Victoria! I guess I'll skip the character design shirts, then. I understand why they're women's shirts, but :( I guess I'm a specific customer type :rotfl2:

One other question for folks -- would it be worth it to bump up my ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern to 2 rather than 2:30? Is there any possibility of getting a wristband around 3 if I'm an AP holder and not DVC?

People have been asking here about charging to their Magic Band, so here is a reminder for them -

If you are staying at a Disney hotel, your hotel stay should be in your MDE account. Normally it goes in there automatically when you make the hotel resie. If it doesn't (as in some DVC stays), you enter the confirmation number into your MDE account yourself. Most people do this before their trip because having your hotel stay in your MDE account is what allows you to make fastpasses at 60 days out.

The first time you do online check in for a Disney hotel, you have to create a 4-digit PIN.

The next time you do online check in, you do not have to create a new PIN if you remember the old one.

Once you are at Disney World, you can use your Magic Band to charge purchases to your hotel room. When you are at a cash register, you tap your Magic Band (on the same box where you would swipe or enter your credit card if you were paying that way). After you tap your Magic Band, you have to enter your PIN to complete the purchase.

If you are not staying at a Disney hotel, you cannot use your Magic Band to make purchases. This is because you do not charge to the Magic Band itself; the Magic Band is merely a tool for charging to your hotel room.

If you want to use your Magic Band to charge purchases to your hotel room, but you never did online check in -- you never created a PIN, but you can create one when you check in at your hotel.

If you want to use your Magic Band to charge purchases to your hotel room but you forgot your PIN -- you should be able to create a new PIN at your hotel's registration desk.

can you charge purchases made at the Disney stores in Disney Springs to your hotel room?

I wanted to add for those who are getting parade viewing.
Because we had so much room, my kids had a ton of interaction from characters in the parade. (we weren't hidden in the crowds)
My DD16 had Loki Mickey ears on, and soooo many characters either spoke to her about her ears, or made jesters to her. A few: Jafar, skeleton band member, Peter Pan, Mad Hatter, and more, it was making her night. pixiedust:

Donald had a cape on, as did my DS6, so Donald went out of his way to point this out to him. (Donald is his fav too, so that made his night)

The ghost dancers will make eye contact with you and make facial expressions just for you or your children. And other characters will make your kids feel noticed. It really beats just being in the crowds,,,

My point, if main street view is not a priority, move over to space, and you will get a great view and great interactions for fantastic memories. :)

Also, because we went to the parade spot late, the dessert party did not cut into our party time. We still had time to load up 2 plates of desserts and get plenty to drink before the fireworks started.

I truly wish they had this option every year, it really did make our party night perfect.

Hope you all have a fantastic time on your nights! :maleficen

Thanks so much for this! I have it booked for 8/31 (have the parade viewing because we booked it in early June) and have been on the fence about keeping it. Can I ask if you went at 7:30 to reserve a table before the parade? If not, were you still able to get a good spot for viewing fireworks when you got there after parade vieiwing? Thanks!!

Could anybody please tell me how long are the lines for:

• Jack
  • Jafar
  • Cruella
  • Lotso
  • Mickey
  • Goofy
  • Donald

:D
I can reply for Jack based on what we say last year, assuming you mean Skellington and not Sparrow.

Jack and Sally meet together and they were our top priority. We got in line as soon as we got in about 4:20, and the line was already at least 10 groups deep. It built very quickly and some people that were in line by 5 didn't get into the ifrst set when they came out. We got in on that first set when they came out, and by the time we left the line was massive I would say at least 1 1/2 wait. They stay this busy or worse most of the night.

Your best bet for Jack and Sally is to be in their line ASAP. As far as the rest, i know that the Cruella and Jafar lines stay pretty packed, and Lotso was definitely busy early. I think it would be a tall order to get all of those in and do anything else.

Going to our first MNSSHP on Sep 3 and not sure how crazy are the lines to enter MK the day of the party.
If I want to enter right at 4pm (and not a minute later!), at what time should I get to the entrance?

Going to our first MNSSHP on Sep 3 and not sure how crazy are the lines to enter MK the day of the party.
If I want to enter right at 4pm (and not a minute later!), at what time should I get to the entrance?
People have recommended getting in line by 3:30 at the latest. I plan on arriving (by bus) shortly after 3:00 as I hope to be in the MK as quickly as I can to use a FP that will expire at 4:20.

People have recommended getting in line by 3:30 at the latest. I plan on arriving (by bus) shortly after 3:00 as I hope to be in the MK as quickly as I can to use a FP that will expire at 4:20.
Thanks! I'm on the same boat. Made a couple of FP+ I'm hoping to use and also debating whether to keep our 4:15(!!!!) reservation for BOG.

Thanks so much for this! I have it booked for 8/31 (have the parade viewing because we booked it in early June) and have been on the fence about keeping it. Can I ask if you went at 7:30 to reserve a table before the parade? If not, were you still able to get a good spot for viewing fireworks when you got there after parade vieiwing? Thanks!!
I’m wondering this too! If we don’t need to bother checking in before the parade I won’t otherwise I’ll make time for it.

Are Jack & Sally out in the open, so if we're happy just snapping a picture of them as we are out and about we can do so, or is waiting in line really your only option?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter