"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

For the person who wanted someone to pick up a SOTMK card for them, I'd be happy to do that. I'm going to the 9/18 party. Send me a message if you still need someone to do that for you.

Oh no...how bad was the allergy free experience? My daughter really wants the gummies out of the options we have seen. She is not much on seeds, cookies, or chocolate...

For people who waited until the end of the night to redeem tokens there were only 2 or 3 things to choose from. Also, depending on the CM you might only get 1 item per token. Silly to redeem a token and get one package of smarties while the regular treat line gets a handful of candy.

I think my question got covered up somewhere. Has anyone met the 7 dwarfs later in the night? Maybe at like 11?

Please correct me if I am wrong, the Dessert Party is only for watching Halloowishes. The desert party does not include a special parade spot by the light post any more.

Is there a separate party you have to sign up for for reserved Parade Spot?

Please correct me if I am wrong, the Dessert Party is only for watching Halloowishes. The desert party does not include a special parade spot by the light post any more.

Is there a separate party you have to sign up for for reserved Parade Spot?

Quasi-complicated story.

When dessert party dates were released/made bookable, Disney's website had references to parade viewing being included in the event description. They later removed the parade viewing language and called everyone who had made reservations to let them know it was an error, wasn't meant to be included, but they will honor the language for those who made reservations before the website change.

So... pre-change gets parade viewing. Reservations made sense don't.

No ability to get reserved parade viewing now, outside of other special Disney offerings such as VIP tours.

But yes, the main purpose of the dessert parties is to provide viewing areas (and desserts) for Hallowishes.

Our first (two years ago we did one) party did include the sit down Fireworks at the Plaza and a reserved space around the light pole. It was a great event.

Now with the parade watching area being removed, I will cancel my reservation.

I didn’t pay that much more than I would’ve in the park. How much did you pay? I paid $49.99 with free shipping. It would’ve been $39.99 in the park plus tax.
I think mine was like 53 with free shipping. So not too bad. There weren’t any available under 50 when I looked.

I saw someone posted they got in line at 3:30 ish and were 15 people back. Jack and Sally came out at 5 pm
Thanks. Hopefully us getting in straight at 4 and it not being the first party will help. So long as it's not a 2 hour wait!

Thanks. Hopefully us getting in straight at 4 and it not being the first party will help. So long as it's not a 2 hour wait!
I hear ya. We want to meet them 10/23 right at 4. It would be nice if they continue to come out at 5. I could handle waiting an hour but not much more. Dh and I already agreed we will be tag teaming for snacks and a chance to shop a little.

Does anyone know the dates that the dessert party included the parade viewing? I made mine on July 12th. Thanks

Somewhere I had seen a doom buggy from the haunted mansion being sold and when you pressed a button or something, it played some of the classic phrases from the attraction. It might not be special for Halloween, but I really want it! Did I make it up? Did anybody see it? If so, do you know where I can get one?

I saw pics of it and videos on youtube.. I want it as well..

I just went to YouTube and saw it again. Doesn’t look like it’s for the party...just a new Haunted Mansion item. I’m assuming it would be at Memento Mori?

They are/were sold online at shopdisney and on the app. $14.99

Hello! I just saw a report from yesterday that Minnie now meets by herself in Storybook Circus and there is no longer a separate Daisy/Donald line. Any truth to that rumor? Trying to re-strategize appropriately. :)

I'm curious about this as well!

It is confirmed Minnie Mouse is one line, Donald and Daisy meet together. They can be found at Storybook, see:
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989840"]Post #6 - Character List[/URL]

If you see the word "Location" next to a characters name, click on it for more information. :-)

Are the Hocus Pocus t-shirts (character design and purple) women's shirts? They look vaguely like a baby doll shirt. I really want one, but if they're cut and sized for women, I may skip it.

Also, should I plan on getting in front for the final Hocus Pocus show 20 minutes early to get relatively close to the stage? Hocus Pocus has been my favorite movie for 25 years now -- I've had a framed poster hanging in my childhood bedroom (and now my house) since 1993.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter