"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

What do yous guys think about transit options leaving MNSSHP?

We stay at AKL and last year we waited for the third bus (in fairness it was not a long wait), and that bus ride from MK to AKL can be brutal!

Do we think Lyft or Minnie Vans would be available at the Contemporary, or would these be swamped? How about the wait for the Monorail? I am leaning toward Minnie Van form Contemporary but this is uncharted territory!

One thing to keep in mind is we stay till closing and last year I found the majority of people left at about 10pm, and proceeded to thin about pretty quickly.

We stay at AKL and last year we waited for the third bus (in fairness it was not a long wait), and that bus ride from MK to AKL can be brutal!

Do we think Lyft or Minnie Vans would be available at the Contemporary, or would these be swamped? How about the wait for the Monorail? I am leaning toward Minnie Van form Contemporary but this is uncharted territory!

One thing to keep in mind is we stay till closing and last year I found the majority of people left at about 10pm, and proceeded to thin about pretty quickly.

Any time we've gone we drive to TTC. I'm trying to recall (memory is not great!), but I think last year when we stayed to the very end of the party, the ferry was the only option to TTC and it was not crowded at all. Unlike a normal park day where HEA closes down the mark and you get a mass exodus flooding the monorail, buses and ferry, MNSSHP is more staggered in the exit. You will have some that will leave right after Hallowishes and then people will filter out over the next couple of hours so that by the time you get to the end of the last Hocus Pocus show at midnight, the crowd has already thinned some so the exit isn't as crazy. So, my guess would be the Lyft option from CR may not be as backlogged as you're thinking.

I think it depends on the date and crowd levels. If you're not attending in August you should have time to see what's working as many share their experiences here and if you are planning on an August party I'd keep lyft/Uber app handy. I already have an Uber Gift Card as well.

Oops! LOL - thanks! I didn't realize there was that long a wait between the headless horseman and the parade.

I havn't looked up the times of Happy Hallowishes and the parade as unlike most others, we are taking advantage of going on the rides with lower waits during the party as it's our only visit to any of the parks this trip. Add it some stops by the trick or treat stops and we'll be happy campers!
The gap between the Horseman and the parade is not long in Frontierland, but grows the farther along the parade route you get. He rides about 5 minutes before the start of the parade, which kicks off in Frontierland. And he covers the entire route in minutes, picking up speed as he goes. So in Frontierland, if he rides by at 8:10, then the parade starts at 8:15, your wait is minimal. If he hits the flagpole at 8:12, you’re waiting until 8:35 before the parade reaches you there.

The gap between the Horseman and the parade is not long in Frontierland, but grows the farther along the parade route you get. He rides about 5 minutes before the start of the parade, which kicks off in Frontierland. And he covers the entire route in minutes, picking up speed as he goes. So in Frontierland, if he rides by at 8:10, then the parade starts at 8:15, your wait is minimal. If he hits the flagpole at 8:12, you’re waiting until 8:35 before the parade reaches you there.
Thanks so much for the clarification. It makes sense as you describe it.

My aim is to watch the second parade from Frontierland so I'm sure we'll be in place before he rides as we'll want to secure spots for the parade. Thanks again!

I don't disagree with this at all, but the flip side of it is of that 2 hours, about 35 - 40 minutes is the parade and fireworks themselves, which presumably most will want to see anyway. And if you don't have a reserved parade spot, people start staking out spots an hour or so ahead of time, which leaves only 20 - 30 extra minutes of that 2 hours that you wouldn't use if you didn't have the package and you're getting food/desserts as well.

A lot of people do stake out spots early but one doesn't have to. We never have in any party we've gone to and we've always had excellent spots for the parades. So, for us, it would be over an hour of wasted time. Plus there's always special treats that Disney has for sale and we couldn't try those because we'd have the dessert party. I'm one who likes the dessert parties but can't find the value in paying for the party ticket plus the dessert party that is going to shorten up party things that could be done.

Has anyone been able to book a dessert party today? I called yesterday and was told they weren't available yet (like I know others did), but I was wondering if anyone has tried today.

Has anyone been able to book a dessert party today? I called yesterday and was told they weren't available yet (like I know others did), but I was wondering if anyone has tried today.
I called this morning and they're still not open to book yet.

A lot of people do stake out spots early but one doesn't have to. We never have in any party we've gone to and we've always had excellent spots for the parades. So, for us, it would be over an hour of wasted time. Plus there's always special treats that Disney has for sale and we couldn't try those because we'd have the dessert party. I'm one who likes the dessert parties but can't find the value in paying for the party ticket plus the dessert party that is going to shorten up party things that could be done.
It definitely is a time suck, but I'd spend time getting a spot for the parades and fireworks anyway. And the dessert parties I've been to have had miniature versions of the special party treats they sell, which increases the value for me. Dessert parties aren't for everyone though. Me and DH enjoy having reserved spots because the parade and fireworks are out two main priorities.

It definitely is a time suck, but I'd spend time getting a spot for the parades and fireworks anyway. And the dessert parties I've been to have had miniature versions of the special party treats they sell, which increases the value for me. Dessert parties aren't for everyone though. Me and DH enjoy having reserved spots because the parade and fireworks are out two main priorities.
I did like that last year they offered the specialty desserts for “free” at the dessert party!!!

Yep, some situations will find it worthwhile. But IMO it just can't be said that if you don't do the dessert party then you have to spend lots of time staking out spots for the fireworks or for the parade. If those are the only focus then it doesn't hurt to make the most of it but it also doesn't take paying extra for the dessert party to still enjoy both without expending a lot of time sitting around to do so. :goodvibes

We are thinking of the dessert party as a less stressful approach to the evening for us. This is the first time it is just two of us going and we have been to a couple Halloween Parties at both DW and DL so we think this can be a nicer slow approach for us to enjoy some luxury for us. We are hoping we are right

I can definitely see both sides of this one and certainly it's not a one size fits all type situation. We did 2 MNSSHP last year and have tickets to 2 this year and do the dessert party at one of them. I'm not sure I would bother if I was doing just 1 MNSSHP though.

So what do you guys think - if the dessert parties don't open up for booking today, do you think there is a chance they will over the weekend or will this become a sometime next week thing? I'll likely obsess anyway, but just curious.

So what do you guys think - if the dessert parties don't open up for booking today, do you think there is a chance they will over the weekend or will this become a sometime next week thing? I'll likely obsess anyway, but just curious.

My guess is Tuesday.

Here's a DIS thread with photos of both Terrace & Garden views: MK "Happily Ever After" Dessert Party Discussion Thread

Thanks! But HEA has all the projections that make seeing it as straight on as possible important. I was curious for specific reviews of Hallowishes from the Terrace--does it have the same type of projections that need to be seen straight on? Or some but not as many as HEA? Basically, seeing Hallowishes from the side, not just general fireworks views from the side. :)

Thanks! But HEA has all the projections that make seeing it as straight on as possible important. I was curious for specific reviews of Hallowishes from the Terrace--does it have the same type of projections that need to be seen straight on? Or some but not as many as HEA? Basically, seeing Hallowishes from the side, not just general fireworks views from the side. :)

I think the photos from both views regardless of which fireworks it's for is well represented. You just need to take your time scrolling through as each view point is marked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter