"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

My wish for the day is that they would make things bookable when they make a page live on their website. Now I've gone from stalking a couple of times a day to every 15 minutes. I'm a little on the impatient side though.

My opinion on this is a bit mixed. I love the dessert party and the parade viewing is a real bonus for me, but it does take up a pretty good chunk of time (about 2.5 hours total). Now of course you have the parade and fireworks themselves in that time, that presumably you would do anyway and likely with more time sitting and waiting for your parade spot. So, I calculate it more as just a little over an hour of "extra" time for the dessert party itself that some may view as wasted time.

Personally, I book 2 MNSSHP nights and use one of them for the dessert party with parade viewing and save the other one for trick or treating and characters and that way I don't feel rushed and I'm easily able to see and do everything I want. When I did just one MNSSHP with the dessert/parade viewing, I did find that I was a bit more rushed to fit everything in.

So if we are hoping to get ride time in during the party would the dessert party not be worth it for us. I would like to see the parade and fireworks but this is our main MK day and plan to hit as many rides with short wait times as we can.

So if we are hoping to get ride time in during the party would the dessert party not be worth it for us. I would like to see the parade and fireworks but this is our main MK day and plan to hit as many rides with short wait times as we can.
Are you planning to go into the park long before the party? Our MNSSHP day is our main MK day as well. We aren't planning to rope drop, but we do intend to get into the park around 10:30 and spend the whole day there until the party ends.

Are you planning to go into the park long before the party? Our MNSSHP day is our main MK day as well. We aren't planning to rope drop, but we do intend to get into the park around 10:30 and spend the whole day there until the party ends.
This is what I did last year, well, sort of. We hit up F&W festival for the last few things we didn't want to miss, and then spent the rest of the day in MK. I changed into my costume in the bathroom by the fire station (it was pretty much a shirt swap, so not much to carry, by design).

My current situation is just me wondering if
A: there will be ANY Memorial Day sales for airfare for September
and/or
B: United will decide to have a crazy sale like they did last June
also
C: Can I even handle waiting it out until possibly June to buy a plane ticket?

This is what I did last year, well, sort of. We hit up F&W festival for the last few things we didn't want to miss, and then spent the rest of the day in MK. I changed into my costume in the bathroom by the fire station (it was pretty much a shirt swap, so not much to carry, by design).

My current situation is just me wondering if
A: there will be ANY Memorial Day sales for airfare for September
and/or
B: United will decide to have a crazy sale like they did last June
also
C: Can I even handle waiting it out until possibly June to buy a plane ticket?
Yeah... we arrive September 29th, 2018. I booked November 16th, 2017. We bought our plane tickets in like... January. I am not able to give an objective answer to this. We're flying out of our smallish local airport, and we figured prices wouldn't get much better so we just went for it. As it turns out, prices are HIGHER now, even though we're theoretically in the sweet spot currently for buying tickets for our departure day.

Yeah... we arrive September 29th, 2018. I booked November 16th, 2017. We bought our plane tickets in like... January. I am not able to give an objective answer to this. We're flying out of our smallish local airport, and we figured prices wouldn't get much better so we just went for it. As it turns out, prices are HIGHER now, even though we're theoretically in the sweet spot currently for buying tickets for our departure day.
Definitely understand that! When I'm travelling with my whole crew (DH+our 5 kids) we can be flexible on departure airport because it saves a LOT more sometimes, but otherwise I only have a few airlines available to me in Fargo :( I'm always searching for airfare sales, most of the time my trips are formed around cheap airfare not the other way around. But I can't NOT take advantage of Shades of Green in September :D

We will actually be at AK in the morning and then we will head over to MK later in the afternoon and have dinner at Plaza around 5:00. We have park Hopper tickets though.

You can utilize the early party entry at 4:00pm and plan to do rides during that time up until the parade. You won't have the short lines that you get later in the party though. I would say that if rides are your priority, then probably best not to commit so much time to a dessert party or any ADR really.

I know what you mean. I was lucky enough to snag a BOG for our party day at 5. (August 17) Do you have a dining alert set up with Touring Plans? I've had great luck with them!
I do have them and I'm sure something will come up - especially when the new menu rolls out. But I didn't want this chance to get away from me - thank heavens for their good cancellation policy!

You can utilize the early party entry at 4:00pm and plan to do rides during that time up until the parade. You won't have the short lines that you get later in the party though. I would say that if rides are your priority, then probably best not to commit so much time to a dessert party or any ADR really.

Yeah we are kind of hoping for time after the fireworks are over. How long do you typically have after?

I just noticed there are BOG and CP dining times opened for my night at MNSSHP. Incase anyone is looking for reservations.

I'm honestly so impatient waiting for the Hallowishes, SWGS and FEA dessert parties to open up for our dates. I check multiple times per day. It might kill me.

I can't decide if we should do the dessert party or not. We have never done one and it seems like so much money for what you get. I don't know if I could convince DH to try it. Is there anyone who has been that can convince me to pay for this?

I can't decide if we should do the dessert party or not. We have never done one and it seems like so much money for what you get. I don't know if I could convince DH to try it. Is there anyone who has been that can convince me to pay for this?

I am with you. I am tryin to see if I can eat $85 worth of Chocolate cover Strawberries.

The description of the premium package says check in is at the Tomorrrowland Terrace 90 min prior to the fireworks...is that correct, do we think? Check in at the terrace 30 min prior to the parade? Does that leave enough time to make it to the parade viewing spot?

We didn't do the dessert party last year since it didn't include parade viewing. Glad that the premium option w/ parade viewing exists for this year! Do we know which parade, I assume this is for the first parade (are there still two)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter