"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a dumb question but what do you wear to be at Disney until 1 am. Still shorts or do you need something warmer? Coming from CA here ...

I love when everyone goes nuts about Florida weather in the summer at Disney. Its 100 in NJ, and hotter up there then it is at Disney now lol Anything is possible. Glad the weather is nice though down there tonight

Maybe a dumb question but what do you wear to be at Disney until 1 am. Still shorts or do you need something warmer? Coming from CA here ...
In the summer months I assume you can still be in shorts... Coming from the great white north I still do shorts in January in Florida... But for DAH in the "winter" I would suggest going "long" for people less used to cold weather. :tongue:

I love when everyone goes nuts about Florida weather in the summer at Disney. Its 100 in NJ, and hotter up there then it is at Disney now lol Anything is possible. Glad the weather is nice though down there tonight
We'll be getting close to the 100s in Montreal all week... Not at all usual... But I'll use this week as "training" for my Disney trip this August. :smooth:

We'll be getting close to the 100s in Montreal all week... Not at all usual... But I'll use this week as "training" for my Disney trip this August. :smooth:
We had a heat index of about 108 yesterday and now it’s in the 60s because it’s storming.

With apologies for the hyperbole, had a really amazing/fantastic time at DAH last night (Saturday, 6/30).

My last DAH was Feb 2016 (edit, was actually 2017), the Thursday before Presidents Day weekend. Last night sure did feel (a lot?) less crowded, I was pretty surprised actually.

Temps were in the low 70s with a light breeze. It rained earlier in the day (1-3ish) but the cloud cover stayed around late afternoon and kept temps cool. Turned into a perfect evening for late June.

Really no material ride lines at all. A couple of snack carts were maybe a dozen deep, but then the next one you’d pass would be empty. A lot of empty park space.

All in all, great night! Will post more thoughts and pics later.

Enjoy the weekend all.

Last edited:
With apologies for the hyperbole, had a really amazing/fantastic time at DAH last night (Saturday, 6/30).

My last DAH was Feb 2016, the Thursday before Presidents Day weekend. Last night sure did feel (a lot?) less crowded, I was pretty surprised actually.

Temps were in the low 70s with a light breeze. It rained earlier in the day (1-3ish) but the cloud cover stayed around late afternoon and kept temps cool. Turned into a perfect evening for late June.

Really no material ride lines at all. A couple of snack carts were maybe a dozen deep, but then the next one you’d pass would be empty. A lot of empty park space.

Enjoy the weekend all.

Sounds like a great time. Can't wait until we get to experience this event.

My last DAH was Feb 2016, the Thursday before Presidents Day weekend. Last night sure did feel (a lot?) less crowded, I was pretty surprised actually.

Enjoy the weekend all.
Glad you had a great time! It seems all of these have been light crowds. It seems so fun!! I hope to get to do this soon but until then will enjoy all the reports.

We went last night and drove since we are staying off-site. We didn't get there until 7:15 so there was already an event line at the gate that was handing out lanyards.

We had fast passes for Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain and Buzz. Unfortunately, Space Mountain was down and remained down the rest of the night.

We rode everything with little to no wait. We had ice cream, popcorn, bottled soda and water from the snack carts with hardly any wait too.

We left at 12:30 and it was an easy ferry ride to the parking lot and a tram was already waiting. We probably waited 5-10 minutes sitting on both the ferry and tram but there was no waiting for one to arrive.

This was our only park date and we had an amazing time. I couldn't get over being there without the huge crowds. We rode around 15 different rides and even some twice. On many of the rides you could just stay on and go again if you wanted. To me this was a much better deal than the regular one day ticket that we would have gotten. It has definitely spoiled me!

We went last night and drove since we are staying off-site. We didn't get there until 7:15 so there was already an event line at the gate that was handing out lanyards.

We had fast passes for Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain and Buzz. Unfortunately, Space Mountain was down and remained down the rest of the night.

We rode everything with little to no wait. We had ice cream, popcorn, bottled soda and water from the snack carts with hardly any wait too.

We left at 12:30 and it was an easy ferry ride to the parking lot and a tram was already waiting. We probably waited 5-10 minutes sitting on both the ferry and tram but there was no waiting for one to arrive.

This was our only park date and we had an amazing time. I couldn't get over being there without the huge crowds. We rode around 15 different rides and even some twice. On many of the rides you could just stay on and go again if you wanted. To me this was a much better deal than the regular one day ticket that we would have gotten. It has definitely spoiled me!
It's hard to go back to a normal day at the parks! lol

I had read about previously being able to show the lanyard before 10pm to access FP queues...was this still the case at the two recent DAH nights?

Last edited:
We went last night (6/30) and it was honestly an amazing experience. We started at the jungle cruise and did every ride in order as we hit it. The only thing we skipped was the People Mover because we didn’t want to spend the time there when we were getting close to the event wrapping up. We were able to ride every ride 1x, and ride BTMRR, 7DMT and Space 3x. By 11:30 everything was a virtual walk on—some things we were the only people on the ride for. We had our own boat for Small World and our own car for BTMRR.

The weather was fantastic, cool enough so you were not sweating and no rain at all.

We did the lantern photo — there was a short line for that but it moved fast. At 1:15 there were still plenty of photopass people on Main Street and we took a ton of photos with them. No one rushed us along at all.

I would definitely do this again. Our daughter rode space and big thunder for the first time ever last night and right after we had to switch all our fast passes so she could ride them again during the day. I will post pictures later — so many great empty park photos.

Does anyone know if Friday July 14th is still available? We come off a cruise on that date and I would like to get tickets for DAH. Also, how to they send you the ticket - is it a hard copy? Would I get it in the mail before we would leave next weekend? These reviews have convinced me we should try to go - we weren't planning on hitting the parks at all this trip....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter