******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question...Im playing around with the current offers and If I click on a room only discount its not letting me add tickets or a dining plan to see a final price. can you usually do that with a room discount or is this a glitch?

I really want to try Tonga Toast. It looks delicious. However, does it taste super banana-y? :lovestrucI love Ohana's bread pudding dessert (even though I know about the bananas), but :crazy2:dislike banana bread, banana flavored things, and bananas in general.
I'm not crazy about bananas myself, but love the Tonga Toast.

Don't give up. Lots of people book a deal before working out the logistics of the holiday and then decide they can't go. Plus, I'm sure lots of travel agents buy up the deals and when they can't sell them, cancel.

So keep trying! From what I've read, 3 days is the hold limit for travel agents, so often things change after that point.

Thanks for posting that. I couldn't remember how long they could hold it.

Hi all - newbie here! We booked a standard CBR room for late August when they had the GC offer hoping that we could add FD when it came out. Is it true you have to have park hopper on your tickets? If so, this room discount might be better even though there seems to only be water view rooms available for our dates. Although I did notice the "can't be combined with other discounts and promotions" disclaimer.
The past few years you have had to add park hopper for FD.

More statistics for those who find it interesting.

Dates for summer room discount:

3/27/17
3/14/16
3/23/15
3/17/14
4/2/13

So it varies some but we are sort of right on schedule. Nothing amiss here.
I did the same thing out of curiosity - and sheer madness as I can't seem to stop checking for FD info - also the MVMCP info which didn't come out this weekend.

Hi all - newbie here! We booked a standard CBR room for late August when they had the GC offer hoping that we could add FD when it came out. Is it true you have to have park hopper on your tickets? If so, this room discount might be better even though there seems to only be water view rooms available for our dates. Although I did notice the "can't be combined with other discounts and promotions" disclaimer.

The GC was compensation, not a promotion or discount. If it was a discount it would have been $75 off the price of the room. All my "paperwork" doesn't mention not being able to use it in conjunction with other offers. But then again, they did say that all stays while the renovations were being done would be eligible for the gift card, then they went and put a time limit on when you had to book by. So who knows!

Question- I see a few folks saying they keep checking to make sure they don't miss out on the free dining offer. Did the rooms really go that fast last year? I would have thought that as long as you made your reservations in the first week or so of the offer you would be ok?
They were available for months after, but dates or resorts may have been limited. I think a lot of us here like the thrill of the hunt so we set alarms, stay up all night, just in case it is limited. Although lots of people had to get water view or preferred the first day, different rooms opened up and they were able to switch to cheaper rooms. You just keep checking.

They haven't released tickets for MNSSHP yet, so I doubt MVMCP will be any time soon. We're waiting for MNSSHP!
Last year March 23 was the day they announced the dates for I believe both parties, Tickets weren't until sometime in May - I am going with (and hoping it sticks) to trend they have them on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays - for my December 6 night plans at least 2 of those will work but confirming is always better than assuming.

Is room discount an indication of what rooms will be available for FD? At Polynesian where I currently have a standard room booked they only offer the Theme Park Club Level rooms at discount! Does that mean that will be the only rooms that get FD if released??

I ran into this with the room discount and was wondering th same thing for FD.

On your MDE you may have a change or modify button. Click that and it will take you to a list of things you can change. Choose the offer button and select FD. If that won't work for you, you could book a new reservation and cancel the old one, or you could wait to call in.
Thanks, I do see "change reservation" so as long as I don't hit any "cancel" button I won't lose what I currently have right?

Am I wrong in thinking FD might not even be offered in August this year? I feel like this current promo is running well into the end of august but in the past I think "summer" discounts ended mid August? With FD picking up the end of August. Would they have the FD start in August as well? I am a little down, I have been reading park attendance to be "low" even though the wait times I have been seeing on the app are crazy, so I thought maybe a good deal would be coming about.
And the room discount from Poly seems..well..kinda crappy! Only theme park view is coming up as discounted, hope if FD is announced it includes standard rooms there

Am I wrong in thinking FD might not even be offered in August this year? I feel like this current promo is running well into the end of august but in the past I think "summer" discounts ended mid August? With FD picking up the end of August. Would they have the FD start in August as well? I am a little down, I have been reading park attendance to be "low" even though the wait times I have been seeing on the app are crazy, so I thought maybe a good deal would be coming about.
And the room discount from Poly seems..well..kinda crappy! Only theme park view is coming up as discounted, hope if FD is announced it includes standard rooms there
Interesting that Disney seems to be offering a lot of club level only discounted rooms with this recent release. I'm just hoping I get SOME sort of discount for our trip the beginning of November, either free dining or a room discount. We are traveling for the Wine & Dine 5k/10k/half so don't have much flexibility on travel dates - have to involve the first weekend in November.

On edit, I checked Yacht Club availability for the hell of it and if you arrive August 31 (the last day of the offer) all rooms/views are available for the discount. But then September is slow anyway with schools starting back.

The summer room only rates went to 8/25 last year, but free dining for General Public started 8/23. Disney Visa card holders and Canadian free dining started 8/14. So I'm not seeing anything too concerning. I'm guessing it will still cover that very late August period for the General Public.

The summer room only rates went to 8/25 last year, but free dining for General Public started 8/23. Disney Visa card holders and Canadian free dining started 8/14. So I'm not seeing anything too concerning. I'm guessing it will still cover that very late August period for the General Public.
Question about the Visa card holders - do you know how those individuals are notified? Will Disney send me an email with the offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter