Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

The weather here is all over the place so pack accordingly lol. Sunday night I was freezing without a jacket, in capris and a tee shirt. Yesterday we were comfortable in sparkle skirts, tee shirts and light jackets. Last night we wore tights under the skirts and I had a long sleeve shirt under a sweatshirt. Then it rained last night. Today we are in sparkle skirts and tank tops.
That's not what I want to hear as I'm trying to pack! lol

Does anyone know of a place online that will give you the happenings of a specific Disney resort for the week? I'm looking to find one for Caribbean Beach, as I'm curious what movies they are showing. Not that I'm anticipating watching them, but curious to know what will be showing on Sunday (my birthday). Last year, it just so happened that Cinderella (my absolute favorite) was playing right after we finished dinner heading to our room. It was magical and almost as if it was planned for my birthday. ;)

Does anyone know of a place online that will give you the happenings of a specific Disney resort for the week? I'm looking to find one for Caribbean Beach, as I'm curious what movies they are showing. Not that I'm anticipating watching them, but curious to know what will be showing on Sunday (my birthday). Last year, it just so happened that Cinderella (my absolute favorite) was playing right after we finished dinner heading to our room. It was magical and almost as if it was planned for my birthday. ;)

I'm not sure if I can post the website here, but the Caribbean Beach movies this month (at 7pm each night, next to the pool bar) are listed as follows:
  • Sundays - Wreck-It Ralph
  • Mondays - Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs
  • Tuesdays - No Movie
  • Wednesdays - No Movie
  • Thursdays - No Movie
  • Fridays - Toy Story 3
  • Saturdays - Inside Out
Not quite Cinderella!

Thanks for the weather update. I will have to throw some long sleeves in the luggage, hoping to just take short sleeves and sparkle skirts and a Capri. Just back from the Dr. more injections of ozone for the Achilles but they discover a rip in my calf muscle. He worked on that very painful not walking good right now. But I will be good for a shuffle run just have to accept this will not be my best run. I will get it done. Boarding passes are printed. Early morning tomorrow flight leaves st 6:00am all day adventure routing us through Houston arrivin Orlando 6 pm. Yippee !

I'm sure this has been covered already but I didn't see it in a quick search :) This is my first half and I am SUPER nervous/anxious/excited. What time should we plan to catch the bus on the morning of the half? Is there any advantage to trying to be on the first bus at 3 am? Or is it fine to get a little more sleep and be in line for the bus at 3:45 am? We're at POFQ, if that makes a difference. Also, I'm not sure if this matters, but I'm hoping to be towards the front of the corral. I didn't have time to get in a qualifying time before November but am a little faster than my corral now and wanted to be able to get off to a quicker start. Thanks for any tips!

I'm sure this has been covered already but I didn't see it in a quick search :) This is my first half and I am SUPER nervous/anxious/excited. What time should we plan to catch the bus on the morning of the half? Is there any advantage to trying to be on the first bus at 3 am? Or is it fine to get a little more sleep and be in line for the bus at 3:45 am? We're at POFQ, if that makes a difference. Also, I'm not sure if this matters, but I'm hoping to be towards the front of the corral. I didn't have time to get in a qualifying time before November but am a little faster than my corral now and wanted to be able to get off to a quicker start. Thanks for any tips!

Shorter line for the bus, less stress over traffic/rushing....the extra sleep isn't worth it to me. I'm usually not asleep anyway.

Just a quick notice guys. I am on a Facebook page for solo runners. There has been a creeper trying to edge his way in with all of us, offering rides to solo girls and talking about meeting someone. Low and behold, he is a convicted rapist on the Florida Sex Offenser's Registry. His name is Earl Garfield but also goes by Earl Fields and a few other alias'. Please be careful!

Just a quick notice guys. I am on a Facebook page for solo runners. There has been a creeper trying to edge his way in with all of us, offering rides to solo girls and talking about meeting someone. Low and behold, he is a convicted rapist on the Florida Sex Offenser's Registry. His name is Earl Garfield but also goes by Earl Fields and a few other alias'. Please be careful!

Super creepy. Wonder if he will be wandering around WDW property this weekend...perhaps more info needs to be out as many princesses coming and going to rooms in the dark early morning.

Well last day of work today and bags are packed. I'm heading out tomorrow afternoon, staying the night at the airport and my Mom is flying down Thursday morning. If you see a snow white on Saturday or sleeping beauty Sunday, please come and say hi ;)

Safe travels to everyone!

IMG_4811.jpg IMG_4819.jpg

I saw that earlier and was wondering if anyone had posted it over here. It does sound like Run Disney has taken action on this now.

I saw that earlier and was wondering if anyone had posted it over here. It does sound like Run Disney has taken action on this now.
I haven't seen what was done by runDisney but the law enforcement there in the area has been contacted to see if he was in violation of his probation with his Facebook stuff. I asked my husband about maise (so?) and his comment was "it's the happiest place on earth! You're ok!" I thought I would be the naive one!

Earl Garfield O'Hara III. I can't imagine him showing his face there, but who knows. I'm in that group too.

I have a hard time believing that this is the first time that guy has been called out. It's not surprising considering these events are huge and this one is specifically geared toward women. That being said, any time a female is doing anything solo she needs to be aware of her surroundings. Can't hide in a box forever. Just pay attention and don't be advertising things you shouldn't be! Good luck to all Princesses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter