Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

Ugh! I had a perfectly wonderful afternoon at MK only to come back to pay at check in and find out that they already charged MY bank card. DD was paying her share on her card and I was paying the difference in cash. The same cash I took OUT of my account. So now I am $900 overdrawn! After hours of phone calls and talking to people at the front desk I finally got them to issue a refund on my card and we paid how we were planning to. Only it's not showing on my account and tomorrow is a holiday. So I will stress for the next few days until I see it reversed on my account. At least I now have a print out showing they refunded the $900. My take away is don't trust anything Disney chat tells you. :(

Have you considered T-Rex instead of Rainforest/Splitsville? It's basically the same as Rainforest, but dino-themed. I love the decor there (and while I'm not a 2 year old boy, I imagine he would like it, too!).

How about a solo adult? I've never thought about going there, since I don't have kids with me. How is the food?

Ugh! I had a perfectly wonderful afternoon at MK only to come back to pay at check in and find out that they already charged MY bank card. DD was paying her share on her card and I was paying the difference in cash. The same cash I took OUT of my account. So now I am $900 overdrawn! After hours of phone calls and talking to people at the front desk I finally got them to issue a refund on my card and we paid how we were planning to. Only it's not showing on my account and tomorrow is a holiday. So I will stress for the next few days until I see it reversed on my account. At least I now have a print out showing they refunded the $900. My take away is don't trust anything Disney chat tells you. :(

Yikes! That is horrible! I hope it all gets straightened out. I don't tend to listen to the people in chat. They never seem to quite know what they are doing.

How about a solo adult? I've never thought about going there, since I don't have kids with me. How is the food?

It's pretty much exactly what you would expect from a chain of that type - and I think basically the same as Rainforest's menu. They do have a bar (which I love because there's a fish tank), which you could always sit at if you don't want a table by yourself. I don't have kids, but I'm in my early 30s and I love it (although I have gone there with my dad, so maybe I count as the "kids" part? :)

It's pretty much exactly what you would expect from a chain of that type - and I think basically the same as Rainforest's menu. They do have a bar (which I love because there's a fish tank), which you could always sit at if you don't want a table by yourself. I don't have kids, but I'm in my early 30s and I love it (although I have gone there with my dad, so maybe I count as the "kids" part? :)

I don't care if I'm at a table by myself. I eat alone all the time. I just didn't know if it would be worth it for me to go.

I don't care if I'm at a table by myself. I eat alone all the time. I just didn't know if it would be worth it for me to go.

I'm a sucker for themeing (as I'm guessing a loooot of people on this board are!) and I think it's done really well. For instance, every once in a while they have a "meteor shower," which is really fun.

On our way to the airport! Only 45 minutes behind schedule. DHs car wouldn't start and took 45 minutes to charge (it probably wasn't helped by him checking it every 2 minutes!). He was freaking out. And we were literally seconds from unloading and taking 2 vehicles (us in my little car and my dad in his truck with all the luggage, he's dropping us off so luckily he was there).

Now there's just enough snow to make the roads a little slick and DH is freaking out about being late. Could be an interesting drive! Crossing fingers all goes well and we make our flight!!!

On our way to the airport! Only 45 minutes behind schedule. DHs car wouldn't start and took 45 minutes to charge (it probably wasn't helped by him checking it every 2 minutes!). He was freaking out. And we were literally seconds from unloading and taking 2 vehicles (us in my little car and my dad in his truck with all the luggage, he's dropping us off so luckily he was there).

Now there's just enough snow to make the roads a little slick and DH is freaking out about being late. Could be an interesting drive! Crossing fingers all goes well and we make our flight!!!
I'm sure you'll make it in time. Have a good flight!

Thinking maybe I'll do a training run tomorrow. Or pack. Or finish my "costumes".

Guh. Who wants to do all three of those things for me and I'll just nap instead?
My husband is driving the boy to school today. I have the option of getting to the gym early or going back to bed.

I made it to Orlando last night and went straight from MCO to Seasons 52 for dinner with CM DD and her BF. Yup, a party of 3 for Valentine's Day while DH is still back in CA. ;)

Only 55 degrees right now at 7:00a!

CM DD will be overseeing characters at the Pasta Parties on Friday and Saturday. On Sunday for the 1/2, she'll be on the course later in the morning. She's befriending Minnie in Princess attire, who can't run in those shoes, and will be out at the time when the race is winding down. I'm afraid with that timing Minnie's friend will miss seeing everyone with the great pace times who've been posting.:oops:

Hope everyone continues to have safe travels to the World!! See you at the 10K! :-)

I ran three miles yesterday on the treadmill - no way I am running outside when it is below zero here! It was a good run - I felt strong and positive. One more run before I fly to Disney Thursday morning!

I've started laying stuff out and checking off lists. Seems like maybe not so much shorts weather? Hard to say. At this point anything above 30 is going to feel downright balmy to me. And of course the stupid cold temperatures finally did in my car battery so I'll have to buy a new one so I can drive to my sister's Wednesday night.

Headed to the gym right now. I'm think about doing easy three mile runs today, tomorrow, and Wednesday morning before my flight. Do you think that's a good last week schedule? I definitely am not planning to run once I'm in Orlando on Wednesday.

Safe travels to everyone going out today!

Still sooooo confused about the monorails. I've actually never taken the monorail from a resort to Epcot. So for the half, they will all be running, or just the ones from the TTC? And is the schedule the same or are they much less frequent? Any help from veterans of the races is much appreciated :)

They all run. Which hotel are you staying at, Poly, GF or CR? You board at whichever one you are at. It will take you to the Ticket and Transportation Center. From there you change to the Epcot monorail line. That takes you to Epcot. It is then a 5-10 minute walk to the start area. One hint is to use the restroom at the monorail exit to save yourself a portapotty trip. You need to board a monorail at your resort by 4 for the half (it's not running other race days). I left my room at BLT at 345 and was fine.

They all run. Which hotel are you staying at, Poly, GF or CR? You board at whichever one you are at. It will take you to the Ticket and Transportation Center. From there you change to the Epcot monorail line. That takes you to Epcot. It is then a 5-10 minute walk to the start area. One hint is to use the restroom at the monorail exit to save yourself a portapotty trip. You need to board a monorail at your resort by 4 for the half (it's not running other race days). I left my room at BLT at 345 and was fine.

This is a great tip!! I've always had race retreat for the longer distances, but not this time, so I appreciate this suggestion!

Also, for those staying at Poly, we tried a couple monorail routes during the 2015 marathon weekend:

Option #1: Board resort monorail at Poly, take it to TTC and then transfer to Epcot line. The only reason we did this was because our longhouse (Hawaii) was close to the GCH and it was super cold. So we thought we'd avoid the walk to TTC and stay warm. Not good. Cold on the monorail and took a while. I'll always go with option #2 from now on, even if staying in Fiji.

Option #2: Walk to TTC and board monorail direct to Epcot. The morning of the marathon, I did this. Much better.

Any tips on the New Balance booth? I might be picking up a pair for a friend.
If you can sign up for the new balance virtual queue online when it's available that will help at least reserve a pair of shoes for you. Otherwise I've never had a big problem walking up there either it just may take a minute before someone is there to help you depending on how busy it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter