"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

I slacked on buying tickets Halloween night and it sold out! I quickly bought them for the 1st and saved some money. Hopefully it will also be a little less crowded. So excited! This will be our 4th MNSSHP and by far one of my favorite parts of the trip.

Another rumor from a CM that I spoke with last night. I called asking about the Soiree and was told, like everyone else, that it was not being held this year but that "a Wickedly Wonderful Special Event" was being planned as we speak and that it would be announced to the Pubic the week of 8/24. She stated that many guests complained last year because the Soiree sold out so quickly and this year they were hoping to relocate it in order to be able to include more guests. She also said that she heard it was being hosted by Malificent (last year it was hosted by Lady Tremaine and she "took over Cinderellas Castle")

This may look rant like but regardless of if it happens or not I don't mind and I hope I dont open a big can of worms. I do hope they do something extra because I did like the soiree, but there's now been CM's saying booking opens 17th and now not announced til 24th. So it makes me wonder what exactly is going on and will it be another last minute take away from those that cannot afford/cannot call ASAP for it.

I'd rather pay, and be guaranteed the ability to meet them. We were cut off in line for Maleficent two years in a row.

How early did you get in line? If they do this meet and greet this year, I'm planning on lining up no later than 6. Hopefully that's early enough to meet them!

Another rumor from a CM that I spoke with last night. I called asking about the Soiree and was told, like everyone else, that it was not being held this year but that "a Wickedly Wonderful Special Event" was being planned as we speak and that it would be announced to the Pubic the week of 8/24. She stated that many guests complained last year because the Soiree sold out so quickly and this year they were hoping to relocate it in order to be able to include more guests. She also said that she heard it was being hosted by Malificent (last year it was hosted by Lady Tremaine and she "took over Cinderellas Castle")

If that's true I'm guessing there won't be an Aurora/Maleficent meet and greet.

Although I will say if the special event includes reserved spots for fireworks and the parade, it'll be totally worth it. Here's hoping my 4 year old takes a nap that day and can make it to the now later fireworks.

How early did you get in line? If they do this meet and greet this year, I'm planning on lining up no later than 6. Hopefully that's early enough to meet them!

They way that they used to do it had no dedicated line you could stand and wait for. The Villains just used to come down after their stage show, and would take pictures only, no talking interaction, and they only stayed for a limited time. It was a free for all, a crazy mob scene with ugly guest behavior and poor crowd control. Once their time window ended, thats it. They went away. I waited after almost every stage show, and was cut off in line, each time, for two years in a row. I was THRILLED with the Soiree last year. I would be very disappointed if a similar event wasn't held this year.

They way that they used to do it had no dedicated line you could stand and wait for. The Villains just used to come down after their stage show, and would take pictures only, no talking interaction, and they only stayed for a limited time. It was a free for all, a crazy mob scene with ugly guest behavior and poor crowd control. Once their time window ended, thats it. They went away. I waited after almost every stage show, and was cut off in line, each time, for two years in a row. I was THRILLED with the Soiree last year. I would be very disappointed if a similar event wasn't held this year.
The article I read stated Maleficent and Aurora will have a dedicated meet and greet along with Snow White and the Queen. It sounds like it would be held at Fairy Tale hall. It sounded like it would be way more organized than what you described, but at this point who knows!

I'm still waiting for there to be an opportunity to meet Captain Hook. They removed the meet and greet after the Villain's show last year, and who knows if he'll even make an appearance this year (aside from the parade). My little Peter Pan wants to fight him.:) pirate:

The article I read stated Maleficent and Aurora will have a dedicated meet and greet along with Snow White and the Queen. It sounds like it would be held at Fairy Tale hall. It sounded like it would be way more organized than what you described, but at this point who knows!
They stated this all of last year as well, even after they added the soiree that removed Maleficent and the Queen.

I'm still waiting for there to be an opportunity to meet Captain Hook. They removed the meet and greet after the Villain's show last year, and who knows if he'll even make an appearance this year (aside from the parade). My little Peter Pan wants to fight him.:) pirate:

Have you thought about the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage?

Have you thought about the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage?

We have. We are considering it next year, but not this year - we only do one extra event a year on top of regular tickets because that's what we budget for. The kids wanted to do the Halloween party again, so that's what we're doing. :)

What was the Villian Soiree? I haven't been to WDW in 3 years and am out of the loop on many changes. Was this en extra event you had to pay for at MNSSHP which you already paid for? Were there any other major changes? They still do the trick or treating, correct? Entry at 4pm? Thanks.

o_OSo this means that the add ons are the only way to meet the villains any villain ?!
That kinda seems sad that there's a chance going for a Halloween event and not getting to meet 1 villain o_O

o_OSo this means that the add ons are the only way to meet the villains any villain ?!
That kinda seems sad that there's a chance going for a Halloween event and not getting to meet 1 villain o_O

I believe they did still have them at a few dance parties, so you could 'meet' them but there was no autographs, no conversations, and a very limited chance of grabbing a quick photo.

Since there are no FP+ at the party, how does rider switch work? Or do they not do that?

I'm feeling a little bamboozled by Disney, or maybe I've just been underinformed despite my being subscribed to every disney email and feed i cam get. Free dining sold out so fast I couldn't book it (or even modify my existing reservation to take advantage), then I find out my hotel will be undergoing refurbishment, and now it seems we wont be able to meet villains at MNSSHP? Isn't that the whole point of the Halloween party?

On a different MNSSHP topic, I may be going the last week in October for party only, rest of vacation will be in West FL. I have done the party a few times with my husband, but this trip I will have my mother with me who will need a wheelchair.

Do they tend to run out of those? I know ECVs run out at parts of the day, but how about regular wheelchairs?

Thank you!!

I'm feeling a little bamboozled by Disney, or maybe I've just been underinformed despite my being subscribed to every disney email and feed i cam get. Free dining sold out so fast I couldn't book it (or even modify my existing reservation to take advantage), then I find out my hotel will be undergoing refurbishment, and now it seems we wont be able to meet villains at MNSSHP? Isn't that the whole point of the Halloween party?

Well, full disclaimer, no one knows what is happening this year. This is what happened with characters last year:

Special characters that only came out for MNSSHP that anyone could meet by waiting in line:

-Jack and Sally from Nightmare before Christmas
-7 Dwarves (nothing villainous about them, but they aren't available to meet besides holiday parties)
-Captain Jack Sparrow
-Jafar
-Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie and Abu (Genie and Abu not regularly meet able)
-Tarzan Jane and Terk (once again, not villains but not regularly meet able, though Tarzan now is)
-Pooh Eeyore Piglet and Tigger (they are in costumes, so somewhat special)
-Queen of Hearts with Mad Hatter, Alice and White Rabbit
-Lotso
-then of course mickey, minnie, daisy and donald in costumes

Dance Party only characters (meet able for anyone, but you have to kind of dance with them or pull them aside for a picture, which they aren't always willing to do because they are supposed to be dancing)
-Boo, Needleman, George Sanderson and Sulley from Monsters Inc in Tomorrowland
-Cruella, Facilier, Frollo and the Tremaines were in the Diamond Horseshoe dance party

Last year they had the special Soiree for the first time. These are the characters that were meet able there:
-Queen of Hearts
-Frollo
-Cruella
-Facilier
-Tremaines
-Evil Queen (from Snow White)
-Maleficent

So some of the soiree characters were available at the dance party, but it isn't always easy to get pictures with them at stupid dance parties (which I think are awful if you want to actually meet and interact with the character).

No one knows what is going to happen this year.

Since there are no FP+ at the party, how does rider switch work? Or do they not do that?

Not speaking from experience, but they still have CMs posted outside the rides even without FP+ running, so I would just approach them and let them know you want to do a rider switch. I imagine it's still available during parties.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest