Odd booking issue with VGF

Having had a child who was a CM in a different division,..furloughed with no end in sight has forced her to a new company...there are things that frontline CMs are not necessarily kept up to date with

Honestly, I am not convinced that those that answer the phones are given as much info as we think they do..and in many cases, should have been given until the issue gets brought up so much to supervisors that it finally makes it’s way to those we talk to.
Does DVC use the same third party to answer calls as DIS?

Follow-up: On the DVC member site this morning and did a search for GV at VGF for 12/5-12/10. 12/5 was open but the rest were available by wait list only (same results I got on 1/5). MS phone line was slammed (I guess the ticket offer was a big deal) so I spent a few unproductive minutes on chat.

Info at 11:34, Jan 6:

One moment while we route your chat to a Disney Vacation Club Cast Member.

Info at 11:35, Jan 6:

You are now chatting with Kierra.

Kierra at 11:35, Jan 6:

Welcome Home! My name is Kierra. How may I assist you today?

John at 11:36, Jan 6:

I was logged in yesterday to make a GV reservation at VGF starting December 5th through December 10th. Only Dec. 4th and Dec. 5th showed available (same as today). How can that happen? Is the villa being taken off-line?

John at 11:37, Jan 6:

BTW, I have a wait list for the dates I want.

Kierra at 11:38, Jan 6:

Good morning!

John at 11:38, Jan 6:

Right. Good morning!

If is possible that other members who own at this resort may have already booked these dates.

*It

John at 11:39, Jan 6:

Yes, but not on Jan. 5th, yesterday, when I logged on and made my wait list.

That would leave a hole in the reservation.

Kierra at 11:40, Jan 6:

If they started their trip for 7 nights they could have booked those nights, it just depends on how they booked their vacation. Some members do book split stays as well.

John at 11:41, Jan 6:

Please described the steps necessary to book rooms that leave an open space. I was not aware of a method to do this.

John at 11:42, Jan 6:

Oh, at 11 months

Kierra at 11:43, Jan 6:

Members can book a split stay, this can be done for a number of reasons. They may want to try out different resorts (and if they own in more than 1 resort they would have an 11 month booking window for each resort). Some members book stays for before and after a cruise, there are any number of reasons why members may want to split their stay.

Kierra at 11:44, Jan 6:

If you would like to double check the inventory Member Services can take a look for you, would you like that number?

John at 11:45, Jan 6:

I could believe that the GV is being taken off-line beginning on a Monday. I have some difficulty believing that a member could book Jan. 3rd through Jan. 10th then somehow release Jan. 4th and Jan. 5th. I have the number for Member Services and it is currently busy. Thanks for asking.

John at 11:47, Jan 6:

I was not aware one could book the second half of a split stay after the 11th month mark. I suppose that requires a call to MS to make happen. I cannot do that on-line. Interesting.

Kierra at 11:47, Jan 6:

I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.

John at 11:48, Jan 6:

No worries. I have work going in another window.

Kierra at 11:48, Jan 6:

You would still have to be in the 11 month window to book, it really just depends on how they booked and availability.

John at 11:51, Jan 6:

Exactly my point. To have happen what you suggest, the start of the second half of a split stay would have to be in the 11 month window, it is a separate reservation. Strangeness is going on.

John at 11:52, Jan 6:

Thanks for reading my rant Kierra. I'll call when I can wait on hold.

Kierra at 11:52, Jan 6:

No problem! Were there any other questions today?

John at 11:53, Jan 6:

If you would pass the transcript up the chain I would appreciate it. Nothing else for today. Thanks.

Kierra at 11:53, Jan 6:

You are very welcome!

Chat didn’t seem to understand at all what you were asking.

Follow-up: On the DVC member site this morning and did a search for GV at VGF for 12/5-12/10. 12/5 was open but the rest were available by wait list only (same results I got on 1/5). MS phone line was slammed (I guess the ticket offer was a big deal) so I spent a few unproductive minutes on chat.

I was logged in yesterday to make a GV reservation at VGF starting December 5th through December 10th. Only Dec. 4th and Dec. 5th showed available (same as today). How can that happen? Is the villa being taken off-line?

Good morning!

Right. Good morning!

If is possible that other members who own at this resort may have already booked these dates.

*It

If they started their trip for 7 nights they could have booked those nights, it just depends on how they booked their vacation. Some members do book split stays as well.

Please described the steps necessary to book rooms that leave an open space. I was not aware of a method to do this.

Oh, at 11 months

Members can book a split stay, this can be done for a number of reasons. They may want to try out different resorts (and if they own in more than 1 resort they would have an 11 month booking window for each resort). Some members book stays for before and after a cruise, there are any number of reasons why members may want to split their stay.

If you would like to double check the inventory Member Services can take a look for you, would you like that number?

I could believe that the GV is being taken off-line beginning on a Monday. I have some difficulty believing that a member could book Jan. 3rd through Jan. 10th then somehow release Jan. 4th and Jan. 5th. I have the number for Member Services and it is currently busy. Thanks for asking.

I was not aware one could book the second half of a split stay after the 11th month mark. I suppose that requires a call to MS to make happen. I cannot do that on-line. Interesting.

You would still have to be in the 11 month window to book, it really just depends on how they booked and availability.

Exactly my point. To have happen what you suggest, the start of the second half of a split stay would have to be in the 11 month window, it is a separate reservation. Strangeness is going on.

If you would pass the transcript up the chain I would appreciate it. Nothing else for today. Thanks.

You are very welcome!

Just to point out that someone could have booked December 3 to 10 on January 3rd and then this morning drop some of those days so the trip was booked 6th to 10. That could show 4th and 5th there, but not the rest,

However, if yesterday, the 5th was there, but not the 6th to 10, then at least one villa was released and should have then shown availability for 6 to 10 yesterday.

Those GVs were completely gone for the entire week a few nights ago, so the return of any nights behind the 4th was a change for sure.

Unfortunately, this is an example of frontline CMs not really understanding it all beyond if the room is gone, it has to have been booked.

Just to point out that someone could have booked December 3 to 10 on January 3rd and then this morning drop some of those days so the trip was booked 6th to 10. That could show 4th and 5th there, but not the rest,

However, if yesterday, the 5th was there, but not the 6th to 10, then at least one villa was released and should have then shown availability for 6 to 10 yesterday.

Those GVs were completely gone for the entire week a few nights ago, so the return of any nights behind the 4th was a change for sure.

Unfortunately, this is an example of frontline CMs not really understanding it all beyond if the room is gone, it has to have been booked.

Quite right. While that would be true for today, Jan 6, I saw the problem yesterday Jan 5. Then I read this thread and thought "something fishy happened." I am a day late with my report.

Good morning!

Right. Good morning!

*It

Oh, at 11 months

You are very welcome!

Honestly, you'll just be spinning your wheels talking to most MS CM's about this. Odds of you catching the couple that get it are low and it needs to go much higher up.

And the oddness continues.

This morning, the night of Monday Dec 13th is unavailable despite there being nights available between the 7th and the 13th. This is true for both dedicated and lockoff 2BRs with either a lake or standard view. One might explain away the lockoffs being booked up due to studios being booked BUT both standard and lake view studios were showing availability for the night of the 13th.

Something just isn't right.

Last edited:
And the oddness continues.

This morning, the night of Monday Dec 13th is unavailable despite there being nights available between the 7th and the 13th. This is true for both dedicated and lockoff 2BRs with either a lake or standard view. One might explain away the lockoffs being booked up due to studios being booked BUT both standard and lake view studios were showing availability for the night of the 13th.

Something just isn't right.

View attachment 548639
View attachment 548640
View attachment 548641
View attachment 548642

This is similar to last week where you could only book 11 plus 6 vs 11 plus 7.

It is just odd for it to be just VGF.

I have been a DVC member since 2013 and I have never not gotten a room at GFV for the first week of December, ever (I always wake up and book first thing). This is the first year that this has happened. I wait listed but I dont think this is normal. Even with Covid ,i dont see how waking up first thing and trying to book won't get me a room.

This is similar to last week where you could only book 11 plus 6 vs 11 plus 7.

It is just odd for it to be just VGF.

Over the 50th I think we got a good glimpse that similar things are probably happening within many of the resorts it's just that most of them are big enough that without a truly frenzied booking time like the 50th was you don't see it because not all rooms get booked right at 11 months. VGF is small so it is more apparent just as you will see this phenomenon at AKV with Value and Concierge rooms. BLT standard view sometimes too.

I have been a DVC member since 2013 and I have never not gotten a room at GFV for the first week of December, ever (I always wake up and book first thing). This is the first year that this has happened. I wait listed but I dont think this is normal. Even with Covid ,i dont see how waking up first thing and trying to book won't get me a room.

It's a flexible point system and more owners are trying to book in early Dec than there are rooms. That you've been lucky and always gotten it is nice but nobody other than fixed weeks are guaranteed a room for any particular day. Reports of people not getting rooms there during this week is not new. The availability issue of days missing that should not be actually is not new either, sadly, because it likely means DVC is out of bounds with their own bookings.

Over the 50th I think we got a good glimpse that similar things are probably happening within many of the resorts it's just that most of them are big enough that without a truly frenzied booking time like the 50th was you don't see it because not all rooms get booked right at 11 months. VGF is small so it is more apparent just as you will see this phenomenon at AKV with Value and Concierge rooms. BLT standard view sometimes too.

Definitely happened a lot more near the 50th for other resorts, but since last week when it was mentioned, I have gone on and checked daily, and even those resorts above have not showed a missing night...a hole..more than 11 months in advance. Only seen VGF which did surprise me as for sure I thought AKV rooms would have it too.

It also got me thinking that until online booking came in to play, owners had no idea if these things happened because we had not access.

Honestly, you'll just be spinning your wheels talking to most MS CM's about this. Odds of you catching the couple that get it are low and it needs to go much higher up.
Am I the only person who thinks this is a problem? Why don’t the CM’s understand this well enough to have a thorough conversation about it? It strikes me as either deliberate ignorance (not by the individual CM per say, but in their training for the role) or deliberate obfuscation. If I can figure out the basic rules for how this works just from reading chat boards, you would think a professional employee who handles this for a living would have a better answer than “someone else booked ahead of you.”

Am I the only person who thinks this is a problem? Why don’t the CM’s understand this well enough to have a thorough conversation about it? It strikes me as either deliberate ignorance (not by the individual CM per say, but in their training for the role) or deliberate obfuscation. If I can figure out the basic rules for how this works just from reading chat boards, you would think a professional employee who handles this for a living would have a better answer than “someone else booked ahead of you.”

I think actions that cause this, other than a glitch, are not communicated to them as it should be, whether by accident or on purpose.

I also think that you will never get the frontline CM, even if they realize what we do in terms of it being wrong, to agree to it,

I worked many many years ago taking complaints for my local government and we were strictly prohibited from potentially sharing information that could be construed as admitting something to them. It was standard answers and pass it up the chain,...needless to say I didn’t last long.

So, I can see why they would never say it, even if they did see what we do, and why it’s always better to move it to the next level...at least IMO.

Last edited:
I am sure that all DVC CMs are bound by the same rules with booking as anyone else. But come on, common sense tells you that it is certain that some of them will have access to benefits that the rest of us don't. That is life.

I am sure that all DVC CMs are bound by the same rules with booking as anyone else. But come on, common sense tells you that it is certain that some of them will have access to benefits that the rest of us don't. That is life.

Nah, that‘s not “Life”. They are explicitly contractually bound to the same booking window as everyone else, and in my experience, insiders breaking legal contracts for personal gain isn’t “life”, it’s grounds for being fired. I don’t think that’s what’s going on.

Looks like people have had success with Terri Schultz on this topic.

See post 233 here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/member-services-breaking-11-month-rule.3807717/post-62428227

Last edited:
Nah, that not “Life”. They are explicitly contractually bound to the same booking window as everyone else, and in my experience, insiders breaking legal contracts for personal gain isn’t “life”, it’s grounds for being fired. I don’t think that’s what’s going on.

See post 233 here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/member-services-breaking-11-month-rule.3807717/post-62428227
Ok, it is life. There are perks that come to some that others don't get. Say, ever get out of a traffic ticket because you had an uncle on the force? Ever got a shot at the newest candle at BBWs before the store opened because a sister in law worked there? Or how Micheal Eisner's grandkids didn't have to wait in lines when they visited Disney? Is it right? Nah, not really, but it is what it is.

Ok, it is life. There are perks that come to some that others don't get. Say, ever get out of a traffic ticket because you had an uncle on the force? Ever got a shot at the newest candle at BBWs before the store opened because a sister in law worked there? Or how Micheal Eisner's grandkids didn't have to wait in lines when they visited Disney? Is it right? Nah, not really, but it is what it is.

No, you‘ve given examples where the beneficiary is provided latitude and allowed judgment in those situations. They aren’t breaking a written rule. This on the other hand is explicitly covered in a legal document. Take a look at this post #91 for more info:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...ng-11-month-rule.3807717/page-5#post-62312411

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, that not “Life”. They are explicitly contractually bound to the same booking window as everyone else, and in my experience, insiders breaking legal contracts for personal gain isn’t “life”, it’s grounds for being fired. I don’t think that’s what’s going on.

I agree with you. There is just no way DVCM is allowing CMs the perk of booking more than 11 months out If they are an owner,

Now, DVCM blurring the lines for breakage or DVD owned points? Or something else.That seems possible...but not letting some low level CM do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter