Odd booking issue with VGF

Dedicated or lockoff? Standard or Lake View? The oddity that I saw was with a dedicated Lake View 2BR but now I see that all 2BRs are unavailable for the 6th (not surprising at this juncture, but not the case on 11/30).
We have a dedicated 2BR, standard view...was hoping for a lock-off but at this point just taking what we can get.

Honestly, I dont really think it is any sort of conspiracy or glitch with the system...I just think demand is off the charts. Early December is already one of the most popular weeks of the year and there's a glut of points in the system so I'd think:

a) More people are planning to travel in late 2021 after likely not visiting in 2020
b) More people have "extra" points, allowing them to stay longer and/or in larger rooms (i.e., 1BR rather than a studio)
c) More people are walking reservations to give them a better shot at the reservation they want

If you look at some of the other threads, it sounds as though availability in November/December is tight across the board.

Honestly, I dont really think it is any sort of conspiracy or glitch with the system...I just think demand is off the charts. Early December is already one of the most popular weeks of the year and there's a glut of points in the system so I'd think:

a) More people are planning to travel in late 2021 after likely not visiting in 2020
b) More people have "extra" points, allowing them to stay longer and/or in larger rooms (i.e., 1BR rather than a studio)
c) More people are walking reservations to give them a better shot at the reservation they want

If you look at some of the other threads, it sounds as though availability in November/December is tight across the board.
Demand can't explain it (yes there is extremely high demand and walking). In order for anyone to hold the 6th and 7th they would also need to have the 4th and 5th (going back to the original image). There was no way to have booked the 6th and 7th without also holding all the dates between the 11 month date and those dates. So how is the 11 month date gone, then the 4th and 5th available, and then 6th and 7th gone? If all rooms are booked on the 6th and 7th then all rooms have to be booked for the dates preceding unless someone is booking ahead of the 11 month window.

Demand can't explain it (yes there is extremely high demand and walking). In order for anyone to hold the 6th and 7th they would also need to have the 4th and 5th (going back to the original image). There was no way to have booked the 6th and 7th without also holding all the dates between the 11 month date and those dates. So how is the 11 month date gone, then the 4th and 5th available, and then 6th and 7th gone? If all rooms are booked on the 6th and 7th then all rooms have to be booked for the dates preceding unless someone is booking ahead of the 11 month window.

Here is one thing that I realized recently..still may not explain it...but could impact some dates,

If I am booking a reservation and choose room to book, and then decide mid stream I want to add another date, if there is only one room left, it is now gone,

When I sign out and back in 20 minutes later it is back, It seems the system holds things sometimes before putting back.

Just wonder if the glitch has something to do with that? However, too many rooms types and it’s only VGF. So, those definitely went before 11 months and all I can think of is soft goods. Of course, no way to do all that in two days either...

This is for a dedicated LV 2BR at VGF as of this afternoon. How can the night of the 5th be available but the following nights are completely booked?

This is for a dedicated LV 2BR at VGF as of this afternoon. How can the night of the 5th be available but the following nights are completely booked?
View attachment 548175

See to me, this could be rooms taken out of service for refurb...but it still doesn’t make complete sense. What is weird is that it seems only to be VGF.

See to me, this could be rooms taken out of service for refurb...but it still doesn’t make complete sense. What is weird is that it seems only to be VGF.
If it is for refurb it would be so easy for them to just come out and say that and members would understand. When the entire Value category got pulled a couple years ago we had these calls and they still tried saying it was member bookings even though we could show that the rooms were pulled at least 8 nights into the 11 month window. Eventually they came out with the notice of being pulled for work being done on the hotel side but why not just say that? That's what I find frustrating (though I don't think this is for refurb).

If it is for refurb it would be so easy for them to just come out and say that and members would understand. When the entire Value category got pulled a couple years ago we had these calls and they still tried saying it was member bookings even though we could show that the rooms were pulled at least 8 nights into the 11 month window. Eventually they came out with the notice of being pulled for work being done on the hotel side but why not just say that? That's what I find frustrating (though I don't think this is for refurb).

Having had a child who was a CM in a different division,..furloughed with no end in sight has forced her to a new company...there are things that frontline CMs are not necessarily kept up to date with

Honestly, I am not convinced that those that answer the phones are given as much info as we think they do..and in many cases, should have been given until the issue gets brought up so much to supervisors that it finally makes it’s way to those we talk to.

I don't think it's for refurb either. A single night in a week does not fit.

Having had a child who was a CM in a different division,..furloughed with no end in sight has forced her to a new company...there are things that frontline CMs are not necessarily kept up to date with

Honestly, I am not convinced that those that answer the phones are given as much info as we think they do..and in many cases, should have been given until the issue gets brought up so much to supervisors that it finally makes it’s way to those we talk to.
I had gotten a surprise call from a supervisor regarding the Value rooms because she wanted to apologize for the email responses I was getting. She tried saying it was member bookings but didn't know that the calendar switched at midnight even though we couldn't book until 8AM....once she realized that I knew all the rooms were booked 8 days into the window she finally guessed refurb but never got me an answer. I will say she was really nice though and we had a great chat lol.

Most 2 bedrooms are missing 5,6 and 7th. I’m not surprised at all. People arrive and leave 7 days a week at WDW. VGF is a small resort. I have even seen this at SSR where 1 day in a month is missing around 10 months out.

Most 2 bedrooms are missing 5,6 and 7th. I’m not surprised at all. People arrive and leave 7 days a week at WDW. VGF is a small resort. I have even seen this at SSR where 1 day in a month is missing around 10 months out.
But not at more than 11 months out. If the 5th is available, then that means that any nights following it should also be available. We are 11 months + 1 day out from even being able to book the 5th. All dedicated 2BR LV villas cannot be booked up for the 6th and beyond if just one of those villas can be booked for the 5th.

That makes sense if as of today the 5th is also gone along with the 6th and 7th. But yesterday the 5th was available while later days were not. That cannot be done by us regular owners and means DVC has done something for some reason. Then the question is if it was an appropriate blocking of the room or not.

That makes sense if as of today the 5th is also gone along with the 6th and 7th. But yesterday the 5th was available while later days were not. That cannot be done by us regular owners and means DVC has done something for some reason. Then the question is if it was an appropriate blocking of the room or not.
Sorry I lost track of what day it was. I thought we were already past the 11 month window. DVC could have a room or two set aside for issues during this very busy DVC time.

When I looked last night, all 2 bedrooms were fully booked at VGF through the end of that week..so, that date that prior showed was gone,

Haven’t checked this morning, but VGF was the only one like that.

ETA: A few nights are back at end of week for 2 bedroom SV, but all the others are blocked out fully now.

Last edited:
Sorry I lost track of what day it was. I thought we were already past the 11 month window. DVC could have a room or two set aside for issues during this very busy DVC time.
Busy DVC time doesn't mean any more rooms are being booked, causing some sort of need to preemptively pull some rooms 'just in case' (I'm not certain they can even do that). Busy DVC time just means the same number of rooms are booked faster at 11 months. It's not like slow season has a bunch of VGF rooms sitting vacant.

+1 on noticing booking strangeness at VGF this morning. I was hoping to grab a GV Sun-Thurs but only Sunday was available. I realize now I should have booked the Sunday and wait listed the rest as proof of something going on. Should have read the boards yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter