October 2013 - Car Rental

has anyone gotten a good rate with Alamo lately?? I am 3 weeks out and was hoping Alamo would have dropped by now but no luck. I have a full size at dollar for 8 days for $166 which is good but I really like using Alamo! :)

has anyone gotten a good rate with Alamo lately?? I am 3 weeks out and was hoping Alamo would have dropped by now but no luck. I have a full size at dollar for 8 days for $166 which is good but I really like using Alamo! :)

Not at all. We are looking for rentals in two different cities/dates. Alamo has not budged and can't come close to Dollar. We always used Alamo, but between the rates and their website it doesn't look good.

Wondering if there are any good rates out there for mini-vans. We will be there from the 17-26th of October. I usually use either Dollar or Alamo but am open to anything onsite.

Others have mentioned this as well and I have read about it here before but had forgotten until you mentioned it.

I wonder if it is a random type thing? Although it is clearly stated on my rental reservation:

11. Customers who do not purchase our refueling option must refill the vehicle within a 10 mile radius of the rental return facility and present a fuel receipt to avoid refueling charges.

Probably best to fill up closer to the airport just to be sure.

Maybe I did get lucky but I'm guessing it is random. I rent from Dollar frequently at MCO & I've never been asked to show receipt for fill up.

Maybe I did get lucky but I'm guessing it is random. I rent from Dollar frequently at MCO & I've never been asked to show receipt for fill up.

Who knows.. Don't know how random it's suppose to be at dollar ... Especially since they showed me on rental agreement about the fill up policy..

Who knows.. Don't know how random it's suppose to be at dollar ... Especially since they showed me on rental agreement about the fill up policy..

Or maybe they've just decided they're going to start enforcing it. I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks. Always good to be aware you could be asked to show the receipt though.

I've never seen it stay so high.. Such a bummer :(

Anyone seeing any movement? Less than 2 weeks to go and rates are still sky high. :eek:

I'm a week out, and so thankful I checked daily and got an SUV through Alamo for 10 days for $219. Right now, a compact is $197!! I checked in online yesterday, I don't think I'm going to beat the rate that I have and wanted to be done searching.

I'm a week out, and so thankful I checked daily and got an SUV through Alamo for 10 days for $219. Right now, a compact is $197!! I checked in online yesterday, I don't think I'm going to beat the rate that I have and wanted to be done searching.

:thumbsup2glad I followed my usual methodology and grabbed a res early too.

Good luck to those who are still looking to book, if you do find a killer rate make sure to share here;)

This is based on info from mousesavers...it says:
Budget has a location at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton in the Walt Disney World Resort (location M03) near Downtown Disney. You can take a Disney bus from any of the Disney resorts to Downtown Disney. Get off at the Marketplace stop, then walk across the street and up Hotel Plaza Blvd to Doubletree Guest Suites. Its about a mile. Alternatively, you can take a taxi from Downtown Disney, which should cost around $5.

1 mike is too far to walk for us with little ones, and a taxi sounds like a hassle after riding a bus from our resort. We need to pick up on Disney property, and drop off at MCO.

Budget offers free pick up service. If your hotel is too far - see if they will pick you up at DD.

Just bumping the thread. The lack of activity is kind of depressing...guess that means no one is having much luck??

Just checked...Alamo is up to $333.xx for a 8 day rental 10/5-10/12. :sad2: Looks like prices are going way up instead of down. Crazy! Who would have known booking in July would be the sweet spot!

Our sweet spot was on September 9th for a 8 day rental from Sept, 27th - October 5th.

So really you never know.

Our sweet spot was on September 9th for a 8 day rental from Sept, 27th - October 5th.

So really you never know.

I also made mine on Sept 9 for Sept 30-Oct 9 with Alamo. My rate is $219 for a Midsize SUV, it's been way over $300 since I booked, but I just checked and it's down to $252. So some improvement today over yesterday, in case anyone wants to check their rate! No codes, just logged in as an Insider.

Our's is $187 for a Minivan at Budget, Costco codes, shows non available now for our dates, Don't know if I should be worrying or not about that?

Just bumping the thread. The lack of activity is kind of depressing...guess that means no one is having much luck??

Just checked...Alamo is up to $333.xx for a 8 day rental 10/5-10/12. :sad2: Looks like prices are going way up instead of down. Crazy! Who would have known booking in July would be the sweet spot!

I realize Columbus day is the 14th this year, but, I wonder if that has anything to do with this rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter