Plan Ahead with Lightning Lane Entry at Walt Disney World Starting July 24

I have a 5-day on property trip so I'll be allowed to book 7 days in advance but won't have a solid chance due to visitors with 10-14 day trips.
As others have pointed out, people who have long WDW visits are highly unlikely to buy Multipasses every day. It's more common to have some non-park (or water park) days in there somewhere. So yes, those people will have an advantage over you, but I wouldn't give up hope of booking rides you want. And you'll be able to decide whether to buy after you see what's available, so at least you won't be gambling on your first three choices each day.

See, I don’t think people are going to be sleeping in with this new Multipass or they’re wasting their money. The only way this new system makes sense financially is if you’re getting in the park at rope drop and trying to burn through your 1st 3 LL’s as fast as possible. Otherwise, you’re spending $30/person for 1 decent LL and 2 turds.
This is 100% accurate.

I do like that pre booking is back, but the lack of the 2 hour rule will make it awful and make it potentially less valuable. From what I understand, you will no longer be able to book another fast pass after two hours if an existing fast pass is for later…here is a a scenero.

Let’s say you prebook the following at magic kingdom.
- Big Thunder Mountain (gives you a return time of 11:00am)
- Haunted Mansion (gives you a return time of 10:00am)
- Pirates (gives you a return time of 9:00am)

Then at 9:00am you use your pirates lightning lane and book a new lightning lane for Space Mountain. Space Mountain gives you a return time of 9:30pm. So basically at this point you can’t book any other lightning lanes for the rest of the day… unless you cancel your Space Mountain.

So it basically just seems like you can potentially get a lot less value for your dollar than you could with genie+. With genie+ at least you could stack another lightning lane after 2 hours if you ended up a late one.

I kind of think this will end up being worse than Genie+

I do like that pre booking is back, but the lack of the 2 hour rule will make it awful and make it potentially less valuable. From what I understand, you will no longer be able to book another fast pass after two hours if an existing fast pass is for later…here is a a scenero.

Let’s say you prebook the following at magic kingdom.
- Big Thunder Mountain (gives you a return time of 11:00am)
- Haunted Mansion (gives you a return time of 10:00am)
- Pirates (gives you a return time of 9:00am)

Then at 9:00am you use your pirates lightning lane and book a new lightning lane for Space Mountain. Space Mountain gives you a return time of 9:30pm. So basically at this point you can’t book any other lightning lanes for the rest of the day… unless you cancel your Space Mountain.

So it basically just seems like you can potentially get a lot less value for your dollar than you could with genie+. With genie+ at least you could stack another lightning lane after 2 hours if you ended up a late one.

I kind of think this will end up being worse than Genie+
I was under the impression you could book another LL after you rode the 10 am Haunted Mansion. I think it’s one out, one in and you can only ever hold 3.

According to multiple web sites, international guest won't be able to prepuchase until thay are in the US. That should limit the number of 10+ day tickets in the pool jockeying for slots.

That was my take on it too, which is abit better than the old FP+ of only getting a new one after you use all three, and then one at a time.
Nope. Web site is pretty clear. You can only bave one lightning lane at a time… starting as soon as you use your first pre-booked lightning lane.

It’s the same way that fast pass used to work… only difference is you can no longer book a second one after two hours if you’re lightning lane hasn’t been used yet… also you can only use a fast pass once per day on each ride. And the booking window is 7/3 instead of 60/30…. Oh, and of course it will cost you between 25 and $40 per person per day…. Excluding one or two rides at each park, which you will have to pay an additional fee ride….

back in 2020 a better version of this was free… this year when I go this much worse version it’s gonna cost over $300 for one person for my whole trip.

Nope. Web site is pretty clear. You can only bave one lightning lane at a time… starting as soon as you use your first pre-booked lightning lane.

It’s the same way that fast pass used to work… only difference is you can no longer book a second one after two hours if you’re lightning lane hasn’t been used yet… also you can only use a fast pass once per day on each ride.
I'm confused. I'm with the others who think that you can book another LL as soon as you go below 3, such that you can maintain 3 LL up until park close.

It’s the same way that fast pass used to work… only difference is you can no longer book a second one after two hours if you’re lightning lane hasn’t been used yet… also you can only use a fast pass once per day on each ride. And the booking window is 7/3 instead of 60/30…. Oh, and of course it will cost you between 25 and $40 per person per day…. Excluding one or two rides at each park, which you will have to pay an additional fee ride….

back in 2020 a better version of this was free… this year when I go this much worse version it’s gonna cost over $300 for one person for my whole trip.

I don't think it's that clear:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/lightning-lane-passes/#faqItem8

How long do I have to wait before I can select a new Lightning Lane Multi Pass attraction?

Answer

Lightning Lane Multi Pass selections can only be made one at a time. On the day of your park visit, once you redeem a selection, you can use the My Disney Experience app to check availability for another Lightning Lane Multi Pass experience—and add to your plans.

I can see how it could be read either way, but if you can only make one additional selection, it could limit your access to jsut four attractions.

This is what a day would look like if you can't book after each selection:

Enter the Park - 3 LL
Use one - 2 LL
Book a new one - 3 LL
Use one - 2 LL
Use one - 1 LL
Use one - 0 LL

So, at which point can you now get more, after your inital 3+1 are all gone? It doesn't sound like that to me. It sounds like once you use one, you can make a new selection to replace it. I suppose they could make you wait until you use your 4th one, but you could theoretically schedule that before one of your pre-selections.

I'm not necessarily saying it is one way or the other, but what I will say is that it's not very clear.

Last edited:

I think you are wrong about only holding one, I think once you've used one you can book another - but your larger point is dead on.

Nope. Web site is pretty clear. You can only have only book one lightning lane at a time… starting as soon as you use your first pre-booked lightning line.

It’s the same way that fast pass used to work… only difference is you can no longer book a second one after two hours if you’re lightning lane hasn’t been used yet… also you can only use a fast pass once per day on each ride.

I'm confused. I'm with the others who think that you can book another LL as soon as you go below 3, such that you can maintain 3 LL up until park close.
You can only have 3 lightning lanes untill you use all of your pre booked ones. You don’t get to replace each of the 3 with a new lightning lanes… only the first… then the lightning lane that you replaced it with can be replaced once you use that.

- LL 1 (pre booked)
- LL 2 (pre booked)
- LL 3 (pre booked)
- Use LL 1 (pre booked)
- Book LL 4
- Use LL 2 (pre booked)
- Use LL 3 (pre booked)
- Use LL 4
- Book LL 5
- Use LL 5
- Book LL 6

LL 2&3 won’t necessarily be used before you use your fourth LL. The point is nothing replaces LL 2&3. LL 4 replaces LL 1, LL 5 replaces LL 4… and so on.

I promise you that’s how it works. Was the same with fastpass+…. Except I think with fast pass you were able to book another one after you use your last one or after two hours, whichever came first…. Similar to genie+… not the case here. I also think you were able to use a fast pass on a ride more then once.

You can only have 3 lightning lanes untill you use all of your pre booked ones. You don’t get to replace each of the 3 with a new lightning lanes… only the first… then the lightning lane that you replaced it with can be replaced once you use that.

- LL 1 (pre booked)
- LL 2 (pre booked)
- LL 3 (pre booked)
- Use LL 1 (pre booked)
- Book LL 4
- Use LL 2 (pre booked)
- Use LL 3 (pre booked)
- Use LL 4
- Book LL 5
- Use LL 5
- Book LL 6

LL 2&3 won’t necessarily be used before you use your fourth LL. The point is nothing replaces LL 2&3. LL 4 replaces LL 1, LL 5 replaces LL 4… and so on.

I promise you that’s how it works. Was the same with fastpass+…. Except I think with fast pass you were able to book another one after you use your last one or after two hours, whichever came first…. Similar to genie+… not the case here. I also think you were able to use a fast pass on a ride more then once.
This makes park hopping even more crappy because if you book something in your 2nd park of the day, you’re basically done booking lightening lanes for the day.

I’m so confused why people are excited about this. We went from being able to book crazy amounts of G+ LL’s a day to booking probably 4 a day but you get to book 3 of them early (and 2 of them are probably duds).

Where are you reading that? The only example I've seen on the WDW website so far is "use one, book another." Extrapolating that means when you use another LL, you can book another, and so on and so forth.

- LL 1 (pre booked)
- LL 2 (pre booked)
- LL 3 (pre booked)
- Use LL 1 (pre booked)
- Book LL 4
- Use LL 2 (pre booked)
- Use LL 3 (pre booked)
- Use LL 4
- Book LL 5
- Use LL 5
- Book LL 6

Are you basing this on the section that BrianL quoted, or is there a different piece of information that you're looking at?

- LL 1 (pre booked)
- LL 2 (pre booked)
- LL 3 (pre booked)
- Use LL 1 (pre booked)
- Book LL 4
- Use LL 2 (pre booked)
- Use LL 3 (pre booked)
- Use LL 4
- Book LL 5
- Use LL 5
- Book LL 6

She could very well be wrong but Carlye Wisel says differently 🤞🏼

Attachments

• IMG_4454.jpeg
    IMG_4454.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 61

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest