November 2024 Check in Thread

Taking a quick trip November 13 - 16 with my daughter who is expecting her first child, so this will be our last mother/daughter trip before she becomes a mom herself! Alaska Airlines had a sale so we get to fly from our northern California regional airport into SNA which is always such a luxury.

We're staying at the Candy Cane Inn for nostalgic reasons The very first time I took my kids to Disneyland was in 1995 and our travel package included four nights at the Candy Cane Inn (it was a 3 night package that was a promo to include an extra night), a "Flex Signature Passport" for Disneyland (up to 5 consecutive days at Disneyland for the price of 2), and a day at Universal, for 1 adult and two children. I booked the package through a local travel agent. We even had a Magic Morning one day! The cost was ... (pause so you can set your beverage down or you'll spill it)... $488.00 total. And yes, the decimal is in the right place! 🤣

Disneyland was celebrating its 40th anniversary that year and Universal was celebrating its 30th. We went in February, which was still considered off-season, when there was such a thing. The park hours were 10am – 6pm on the weekdays that we were there. California Adventure didn’t exist of course, Toontown was not quite 2 years old, and Indiana Jones would open the following month. Dinner at Goofy's Kitchen was $16.95 for adults and $7.95 for children.

The same package would have cost $900 to stay at the Disneyland Hotel, which was the only onsite hotel at the time.
pixiedust:

Last edited:

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest