• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November 2022 Dining Report: Featuring Lots of BoardWalk and Riviera Eats (Completed 1/24)

I am back from Marathon Weekend, Dopey challenge conquered! I took notes for a DR/TR however I still have to do my November TR...and I am headed back for Princess so who knows if I'll get to any TRs at this rate :laughing: I had the grandest time, it was an experience I'll never forget (riding Everest at mile 17 and Tower of Terror at mile 23) and I hope to do it again next year! I got well over 100 pictures during the races, so I'll just leave one of my favorites:

IMG_3669.JPG

Back to the DR!

Le Petit Cafe

I was quite disappointed in my iced caramel lattes this trip, so LPC was my final hope.

IMG_2380.JPG
Iced caramel Caffé Latte, decaf - $4.79

My lattes were always cheaper here than in the parks so I don't think they charged for the syrup. Finally, this is what I remembered they should taste like! So creamy and indulgent, I was so happy to have my delicious caramel latte again.

Primo Piatto

Of course you can't just have coffee for breakfast, so we mobile ordered Primo Piatto. They were very fast with breakfast orders, maybe a few minutes tops after clicking I'm here. We picked up our food from the pick up station and ate at the tables by the water every morning. The resort felt so empty, we had no trouble getting prime seating every day.

The lemon blueberry pancakes were delicious, the syrup is by the condiments in silver jugs so don't forget to put some in little takeout cups as they do not put any in your bag. The pancakes themselves only had a hint of lemon, the mascarpone however tasted like lemon butter cream cheese! The blueberries were fresh and not frozen, the pancakes are small so I was able to eat all three. The bacon was also fantastic, extremely thick and crisp and almost caramelized. A huge upgrade from value/moderate QS bacon.

IMG_2381.JPG

IMG_2382.JPG
Blueberry-Lemon Pancakes: Three, Fluffy House-made Pancakes filled with fresh Blueberries topped with Mascarpone Cream and Lemon Zest served with choice of side - $11.29
Kids' Mickey-Shaped Waffle Served with Strawberry-flavored Yogurt Smoothie and Apples Slices with a choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small DASANI® Bottled Water - $7.49

Mom enjoyed her Mickey waffles, a classic! The frittata was a nice side, it's not really big enough for a full meal and it does not come with bacon, I just had some there in the picture. Nothing special, but if you'd like an egg dish it was solid.

IMG_2387.JPG
Frittata Lorriane-style Frittata with Bacon, Gruyere, Caramelized Onions, and Fresh Herbs - $7.49

It was so pleasant enjoying a peaceful meal by the water each morning, instead of the chaos of some resorts in the morning! I don't think Riviera is worth it for someone who is go-go-go all the time, but we took this trip a little slower so it was fabulous having a beautiful resort to relax at.

Le Petit Cafe serves breakfast pastries in the morning and switches up to different treats by midday, here's a quick preview of those delicious goodies:

IMG_2448.JPG

Bar Riva

Eating at Riviera was a theme this day, we had a late afternoon lunch after some shopping at Disney Springs followed by some pool time. It is covered but open air right by the pool, they serve some of the Primo Piatto items but put them on real places which is nice. I had my favorite tuna salad of course!

IMG_2419.JPG
Tuna Niçoise Salad* Seared Rare Tuna, Crispy Greens, Potatoes, Egg and Dijon Vinaigrette - $14.29

This salad is absolutely fabulous, there's nothing I would change about it. The tuna is plentiful and everything is so fresh and perfectly proportioned. The potatoes and eggs add some heartiness so this is really a filling salad. The dressing is very light, just enough to not be eating plain lettuce. This along with Satu'li are my favorite salads on property (followed by the HBD Cobb).

Mom ordered a kids' meal, it was no issue ordering despite being a sit-down. Same fruit salad as dinner last night! Just a regular QS kids burger but nice having on a fancy plate!

IMG_2420.JPG
Kids' Cheeseburger Served with Baby Tomatoes, Apple Slices, and choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small DASANI® Water - $8.49

We ordered our drinks to go, they are all served in plastic so you can bring them to the pool.

IMG_2422.JPG
Provence Frosé A Frozen delight of Cîroc Vodka and Provence Rosé Wine - $16.50
+ Limoncello floater $3?
Hibiscus Coconut Refresher Hibiscus, Coconut, Honey, Strawberry and Soda Water (N/A) - $5.49

My mom really enjoyed her refresher, it was super light and not too sweet. I enjoyed my frose, the CM asked if I wanted a limoncello floater and I said why not. Turns out I'm not the biggest fan of limoncello but oh well! This was a little more icy than the Epcot France version but still very yummy. We enjoyed the fresh strawberries on top.

Last edited:
Riviera does free marshmallow roasting from 5:30-6:30, and they have 6-packs of marshmallows (each person can have their own pack). The other fixings for s'mores are extra, we just shared one pack of marshmallows.

IMG_2449 copy.JPG

IMG_2449.JPG

IMG_2451.JPG

I am not good at roasting marshmallows on a tiny fire, apparently! I hate burnt marshmallows so I tried very hard not to catch mine on fire, but they melted before I got any color on them. Still tasted delicious! They provide long sticks and will ask you to blow them out if they catch fire. We were the only ones there at the time!

Now copying in some of my previous reviews on Festival of the Holidays booths

Shanghai Holiday Kitchen

The beef noodle soup from China was very mediocre. There were three good sized chunks of beef, very tender and good. The broth itself was rather bland, it had some Szechuan flavor but no spice. I kind of scraped open the peppers in it to give it a little more spice so avoid those if you're spice-averse and you can still enjoy the dish. The biggest disappointment was the noodles, which I think were a thin spaghetti. Beef noodle soup should have a thicker, starchier noodle so these noodles were quite flavorless. The portion is pretty large and though not super filling, is definitely bigger than the soba portion from Japan. Probably 2/5, would not get again.

IMG_2482.JPG
Beef and Noodle Soup Bowl with slow-braised beef shank, green onion, and house-made chili oil- $9.25

The veggie spring rolls from China were good, if you've had Panda Express these are just like that. Pretty small, they were served nice and hot though they had a ton sitting there so I guess they could have been a bit fresher. There wasn't enough sauce and we wish it were on the side rather than poured on top. The sauce is like a sweet chili but with less spice. Nothing special, but they were good. Maybe 3.5/5. We got two portions as my mom had three as her meal, and I got to try one!

IMG_2483.JPG
Vegetable Spring Rolls with citrus sauce - $5.25

Karamell-Küche

So, a lesson in holiday season at Epcot: because of the third Candlelight show, the fireworks started a half our later than usual at 9:30. However all food at Epcot closes at 9:00 like normal park close. I did not realize this and went to get the fondue from Germany at 9:01 and was heartbroken! Don't be me! Check the booth times!

So I settled for caramel corn, doing an immediate mobile-order to avoid the long line (they are always ready in a minute or so, very fast). You save 20% with an AP as well, nice!

IMG_2488.JPG
Werther’s Original Caramel Popcorn - $6.99

This caramel corn is very good, it's never QUITE as good as it smells and sometimes it is stale, but it was pretty good this time. I can never finish a bag on my own though!

Good to see you back- happy that your trip and race went so well. The Dopey Challenge sounds really intimidating- I am in awe :worship:
It was the trip of a lifetime except I'd like to do it every year, please!!! :rotfl: Most expensive solo trip I've ever done though, so we'll see if my wish comes true!

Primo Piatto

Another mobile order breakfast for us, my mom got another kids meal and really enjoyed it. It's plenty of food for an adult as it comes with apples and a drink as well! Pretty sure it came with a danimals which didn't make the picture. I think this is the same polenta they serve at Topolino's with the steak.

IMG_2510.JPG
Kids' Primo Platter Scrambled Eggs served over Mascarpone Polenta with a Sweet Brioche Roll served with Strawberry-flavored Yogurt Smoothie and Apples Slices with a choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small DASANI® Bottled Water - $7.99

I got the croque madame, which I've never tried before. Wow, this was indulgent!

IMG_2511.JPG
Croque Madame: Classic French Ham and Swiss with a Fried Egg served with choice of side. - $12.99

The egg was super runny and delicious, and there is so much Swiss on top. The bread is very thick so this is a massive portion. Definitely messy to eat!

IMG_2514.JPG

This did have a more earthy/pungent taste than I was expecting, I love Swiss but this was definitely a strong variety of it. The bread was very fluffy and soft, I would definitely get this again. You COULD share this, but since it's not cut, it does get very messy. I could not finish the crust, it was too much! I did say in my notes it was quite salty, so have some water with it!

The real star yet again was the bacon.

IMG_2512.JPG

The bacon at Primo Piatto absolutely deserves awards, it was extra crispy today and so delicious and melt in your mouth good. No floppy greasy bacon!

Le Petit Cafe

I had another iced latte of course, I think I got one each day we stayed at the Riviera. Had to stir it well this day but still creamy and delicious. Around 9:30AM, and still no line. This place was deserted!

IMG_2517.JPG

Mom tried the Santa hat mousse, so beautiful.

IMG_2571.JPG
Chocolate Peppermint Mousse: Dark chocolate mousse with white chocolate peppermint mousse center, brownie base, peppermint marshmallow, and truffle - $6.49

Not only did this look good, it tasted delicious! It was mostly a chocolate mousse inside with some white mousse that tasted like whip cream in the middle. The brownie base was almost like a brownie cookie, so fantastic. This was super rich and we love chocolate mint so we definitely had no trouble finishing this. The base of the hat was marshmallow, light and fluffy.

I also got a gingerbread cookie, the back had a beautiful chocolate base stamped with the gold Riviera Resort monogram. It was almost too pretty to eat!

IMG_2572.JPG
Riviera Gingerbread Cookie: Gingerbread cookie with dark chocolate and sugar glaze - $4.49

The sugar glaze made it delicious, sometimes gingerbread is too spicy and not sweet enough but this was perfect. I actually didn't eat it until during our flight home, so it traveled well!

IMG_2791.JPG

Disney gingerbread is almost marshmallowy, very squishy. The chocolate base gave it some sweetness along with the icing as well as some crunchy texture, which balances the squishy cookie. I really enjoyed this, not too sweet or spicy.

Grand Floridian Gingerbread House

We did a monorail crawl this day to see all the gingerbread displays. I always have to stop at the Grand Floridian gingerbread house to purchase something from the CMs inside the house!

This time I couldn't resist the earidescent ear cookie, it was so pretty. They had a display case by the line so you could see everything while you waited in line. I think I waited a little over 15 minutes around 1PM.

IMG_2567.JPG

This cookie was pretty bad, ha! It was SO spongy, moreso than the Riviera cookie, and really not any bigger. No chocolate base so it was pretty overwhelmingly gingerbread spices, and the chocolate ears gave it a little more flavor than the middle of the cookie. The cookie was so spongy it was bendy which is kind of bizarre. Since it was hardly sweet other than the ear sections, this might be good for dunking in coffee.

IMG_2570.JPG
Gingerbread Mickey Ears with Earidescent Chocolate – $11.50

Despite how bad this cookie was, I still ate the whole thing. The ears melt and stain your fingers, oops! They were very sparkly though, so it was a fun buy even if it didn't taste very good.

Time to wrap this DR up!

Bar Riva

We did some more afternoon pool time and of course I needed another pool drink. I didn't get it, but the 50th magical beacon cocktail sure looked good.

IMG_2577.JPG

Instead I stuck with the other frozen cocktail offering, the Mediterranean Wave.

IMG_2580.JPG
Mediterranean Wave: Frozen blend of Cîroc Vodka, Italicus Rosolio di Bergamotto Liqueur, Pineapple, Agave and Bols Blue Curaçao - $16.50

Omg, this was AMAZING. I enjoyed this more than the Frose, this was super refreshing and not too sweet or boozy. I'm sure there's hardly any booze in this actually. But it sure was tasty. I will need to budget for one of these every day next time I'm at the Riviera!

Topolino's Terrace

I had done breakfast at TT on a prior trip, but this was my first dinner. We checked in early but were not seated until our ADR time at about 5:35. There were not too many tables seated (5:00 opening) but I'm guessing that was more related to staffing than table availability, since many tables remained empty throughout our dinner and our waitress was handling multiple tables.

IMG_2594.JPG

They brought out olive oil and the epi bread around 5:50, to my delight we received four loaves for two of us!

IMG_2595.JPG

The olive oil was quite olive-y, I am no connoisseur but it could have used a bit of herbs and salt. The purists would probably enjoy this!

IMG_2596.JPG

The epi bread surprised me, it's much larger than it looks in photos. It looks like it'd be very crusty and even a bit dry given how slim it is, but I was surprised to find it very soft and chewy like a regular baguette. The exterior was crisp but very thin, so less crunchy "crust" than a typical French baguette. It was not warm, my one criticism. Overall very delicious and unique!

For an appetizer I got the Fritto Misto as I saw one review saying this was very good. This came at the same time as the bread.

IMG_2597.JPG
Fritto Misto: Artichoke, Clamshell Mushroom, Zucchini, Herbed Emulsion, Golden Raisin Mostarda (Plant-based) - $12

Wow, this was a surprise hit! Think fancy vegetable tempura, the batter is extremely light and well-fried, not oily at all. This was actually a large portion (the plate is massive), with a few clumps of artichoke and mushrooms as well as sticks of zucchini. It was not too salty either, I could eat plates of this stuff. The mushroom still had a nice chew to it, which I love. The green sauce tasted strongly of dill, and the "Mostarda" was like a sweet pickle dip. It was a lot of unique flavors that were unlike anything I've had together, this is a nice sharable size between two or a large appetizer for one. I mostly ate this as my mom has an aversion to vegetables that she won't admit. :rotfl:

Mom got an N/A peach drink, she enjoyed this. This came a few minutes after the bread/appetizer.

IMG_2600.JPG
Pêche Repose Peach, Mint, Lemon, Soda Water - $5.99

I tried this and thought it was very minty, not too sweet and lightly carbonated. I like when restaurants have fun N/A options as I am too cheap for alcohol sometimes and I don't like soda enough to fork over $4 for it.

I had a glass of Sauvignon Blanc, I like to think I like semi-dry wines but I need to stop being in denial, I prefer my wines a bit sweet and definitely white. 5 stars from me if I can't taste the alcohol :rotfl:

IMG_2603.JPG
Château Ducasse 2021 Sauvignon Blanc - $18

There's a little star on the glass they fill the wine to, they pour tableside and have you taste it to make sure it's to your liking. I'm not a big wine drinker (or drinker in general) but I've done a dozen or so wine tasting over the years and I still felt like an idiot tasting my wine in front of someone :laughing:. Tasted like wine to me, so thumbs up. This was easy to drink, if it didn't cost so much I'd have another. Though I'd rather have that pool drink I had earlier!

On an unrelated note, I used to work in consulting and that meant dinners usually came with unlimited $100 bottles of wine. I always thought I tasted very nice so I splurged on one for the holidays one year. Well, let's just say it tasted better when work was footing the bill and I let my mom have the rest of the bottle and didn't tell her the price :hyper:

We were seated right by the kitchen, which was a bit noisy and almost unnerving. There is a lot of shouting that goes on at the window! It was still quieter here than our CA Grill experience (nowhere near the kitchen) but I'd prefer to sit elsewhere if I could choose. It was cool seeing the plates go by though!

IMG_2602.JPG

(continued)

Topolino's Terrace (continued)

Entree time! These arrived about 6:22, so over half an hour after the appetizer. Not the fastest, so definitely plan for this if you're in a hurry.

I had the lobster pasta, I was originally going to get the rigatoni which seems to be the most recommended but I was stressed during ordering and got the lobster pasta instead. I have a bit of an aversion to chicken in my pasta which is what tipped me towards the lobster. I'm a buffet gal at heart, I prefer a bit of everything!

IMG_2605.JPG
Lobster Linguine: English Peas, Sauce Américaine, Pickled Onions, Squid Ink Tuile - $52

This was beautifully plated, but unfortunately it fell victim to "style over substance" as Mr. Paul Hollywood would say. The pasta tasted like butternut squash to me, I know little of French cuisine so I have no idea if squash is involved in sauce Américaine or if that's me making things up. I find homemade pasta to often be a bit gummier/starchier than I prefer, and this pasta was no different. I just like my pasta to have a bit more chew, apparently I like the cheap stuff. Give me Aldi bronze cut pasta any day!

The squid ink tuile has no flavor, just for decor. The pickled onions are exactly like I often make myself for fish taco nights. The pea puree is simply that, pureed peas. Not sure what the clear stuff was other than decoration!

The lobster itself was somehow still hot, it unfortunately was overcooked and a bit mushy and didn't have any of the bouncy (almost rubbery) texture I love about lobster that you don't find in crab. To me, a good piece of lobster has a bit of bite like a sausage (forgive me for being a terrible food reviewer) and this was cooked past that. It still tasted nice but I'm not sure it's worth the large premium over the popular chicken rigatoni.

Overall this was a nice portion size, I did eat every last bite but I was not left hungry (probably because I ate 2.5 loaves of that bread and almost a full appetizer). The pasta alone would not be a big enough meal unless you're a very light eater as it's a modest portion. I never want leftovers on vacation, so it was perfect for me.

Mom got the filet mignon, neither of us prefer filets (her favorite is T-bone/porterhouse and I like a good ribeye but alas WDW loves filets) but she's a plain eater and this fits the bill. I was curious how this would compare to my dismal CA Grill filet from 2019.

IMG_2604.JPG
Filet Mignon: Potato pavé, Bordelaise sauce, Carrots, Broccolini, Shallot Vinaigrette - $56

Mom isn't the biggest broccoli fan and she likes broccolini even less, so I enjoyed that for her. The broccolini was delicious, you could taste the grill and it was cooked just enough to still be crunchy but not raw. It had a great char flavor without being burnt.

They love a plain veggie puree at Topolino's, the carrot puree was pure carrot. I wonder if they serve purees to the babies dining here, multi-purpose :rotfl: . Oh boy I am getting really snarky here. Mom loved the carrots, nothing special, but it's one of her favorite vegetables next to corn.

Neither of us liked the potato pavé, this was salt overload. We actually thought it was artichoke, I only now realize it was potato from copying the menu description. We both love a good potato but this was unrecognizable, the dominating flavor was salt and we thought it was artichoke because it was fried but so moist at the same time.

On to the star, the filet mignon.

IMG_2609.JPG

Forgive me for the gross half-eaten picture, but I snuck a few pieces of the filet to try. Mom probably prefers medium and I prefer medium-rare so I always make her order medium rare so I can have some, I'm such a good daughter. Maybe I don't know the definition of medium-rare but I think this is medium. This seams to be a common thing for me at WDW, ordering medium-rare and getting medium (or worse, well-done at CA Grill). I did send back the CA Grill steak but since mom is fine with medium she had no complaints here at Topolino's. If it were mine, I probably would have awkwardly sent it back. Half of the steak didn't have a hint of pink at all, I snuck my piece from the middle.

I think the lesson for me is that I don't like the filet mignon cut. It's so lean, I like a bit (or a lot) more fat on my steak. Fat is flavor! Mom thought the steak was okay but nothing special. I agreed, and as I've said before, this was no better than the steak we get at the Golden Corral. No GC slander here as we enjoy it (being in MN, southern food isn't a thing) but for over $50 we just expect better.

It wasn't tender at all, it definitely needed a sharp knife, and it needed a lot of chewing. Honestly on the dry side, could have used some au jus. I like my steak to melt in my mouth, so perhaps the cut is the problem? I don't think I've ever ordered a filet outside of WDW so I don't have any comparison. So I guess we are 0/2 for WDW filets, but that's a small sample size so we won't give up just yet.

I do love the hangar steak at breakfast, it is far more tender and flavorful than this cut at dinner. So I suppose this is one of the few areas where I have cheap taste!

We wondered what Topolino meant, here you go:

IMG_2611.JPG

I am laughing at myself now, in my notes I wrote "bill a little slow, got at 6:47" which is hilarious given we got our entrees at 6:22. Someone needs to tell us to slow down, dinner is not a race. We are not the type to linger over meals, apparently. I think we had enough of each other at this point! :laughing:

To our credit, we were aiming to see Fantasmic this evening. Obviously the 7:30 was out of the question so 9:00 it was!

This was over a $150 meal after AP discount and tip, it was fun to try but I'd 100% choose breakfast over dinner and am in no rush to go back for dinner. While our waitress was nice if a bit awkward, I would say the level of service doesn't quite meet the cost of of the meal for me. I don't do too much signature dining at WDW (because it often disappoints me) but I would expect to get more experienced waiters/waitresses. It felt like some of the people we encountered lacked the confidence that experienced waiters usually have. Like the host awkwardly leading us to our table without a word.

I wouldn't say anyone we encountered here went above let alone beyond and I have gotten far more memorable service at WDW restaurants where I am paying under $20 a plate instead of $50+ a plate. But this has just been my experience at many signatures...feels like some of the CMs are cool as a cucumber and I often feel like a bit of an intrusion rather than a welcomed guest if that makes sense? At non-signatures the CMs are often very conversational and ask about how our trip is going whereas at signatures I wonder if they are trained to make you forget you are at WDW to keep the experience elevated...personal preference I suppose! I think we just prefer a more casual vibe and dinner here was a bit stiff. I have had fabulous and personable waiters at breakfast here (twice) so I suppose it's just who you get!

All in all, we had a pleasant dinner but would like to try new places next time.

Fantasmic

Remember when I said I don't like soda enough to pay $4 for it? Well, it was hot in the amphitheater and so I happily paid $5 for this jumbo movie theater-sized Sprite.

IMG_2639.JPG

Primo Piatto

We need a quick snack after Fantasmic and stoped at PP a little after 10. I believe they had late-night dining from 10-11 which was mostly grab and go only.

IMG_2688.JPG
Nestlé® Mickey's Premium Ice Cream Bar - $5.69
Whole Strawberry Cup - $3.99

Thanks for reading, looks like I have one more post to wrap up our travel day!

Last edited:
Loving your trip report. We went in mid-December and 3 of us came back with Covid and we had avoided it all this time too.

I would call that steak medium-well. Medium rare is usually pretty red on the inside and filet should be very tender. I'm usually too embarrassed to send things back so I just eat it and sulk lol.

Loving your trip report. We went in mid-December and 3 of us came back with Covid and we had avoided it all this time too.

I would call that steak medium-well. Medium rare is usually pretty red on the inside and filet should be very tender. I'm usually too embarrassed to send things back so I just eat it and sulk lol.

Thank you for the validation on the steak, LOL! I think I will start ordering my steaks rare in WDW. I order medium-rare outside of WDW and never have any issues, if anything sometimes they come out too rare! So far so good post-Dopey, I'm hoping I escaped the bugs going around this time. Being sick back to back would not be fun!

I'm too embarrassed usually too, it was hard for me to send back my well-done steak at CA Grill lol. But that ended up being a kitchen mishap, the waiter was a bit embarrassed too as I think he entered it in wrong and realized as soon as he saw it.

Too bad Topolinos was a let down. I totally agree that at those prices you should expect better food (cooked correctly) and service!

Too bad Topolinos was a let down. I totally agree that at those prices you should expect better food (cooked correctly) and service!
We're glad we tried it, but definitely wished it was a little better! Luckily I still love breakfast (went again just a week ago) so it still remains in my good graces, ha!

Omg, this was AMAZING. I enjoyed this more than the Frose, this was super refreshing and not too sweet or boozy. I'm sure there's hardly any booze in this actually. But it sure was tasty. I will need to budget for one of these every day next time I'm at the Riviera!
We loved this drink, have had it several times!
The breakfast at Primo looked really good for the price!
I’m sorry your dinner wasn’t the best. We ate here in the summer of 2021, it was the dreaded bad ankle trip for me and we were staying at Riviera.
We got a last minute reservation our first night and we loved our food. I had the scallops and I believe Andi had the chicken rigatoni.
I really want to do breakfast again here.
Loved all your reviews!
Congratulations on running the Dopey Challenge!
I really wanted to stay at Riviera again but wow it is crazy expensive now and no good discounts!
The Skyliner is a game changer!
Looking forward to another DR from you!

We loved this drink, have had it several times!
The breakfast at Primo looked really good for the price!
I’m sorry your dinner wasn’t the best. We ate here in the summer of 2021, it was the dreaded bad ankle trip for me and we were staying at Riviera.
We got a last minute reservation our first night and we loved our food. I had the scallops and I believe Andi had the chicken rigatoni.
I really want to do breakfast again here.
Loved all your reviews!
Congratulations on running the Dopey Challenge!
I really wanted to stay at Riviera again but wow it is crazy expensive now and no good discounts!
The Skyliner is a game changer!
Looking forward to another DR from you!
Definitely wish I was sipping that by the pool right about now! Omg not the ankle trip!!! I will have to try something different next time. Breakfast is the best!

Thank you! We only were able to stay there thanks to renting DVC. Still more than I want to pay but at least the room rate starts with a 3 instead of 8 like through Disney 😂

One final quick update, mostly a bonus review of the Priority Pass lounge at MCO.

Primo Piatto

Since we departed on this afternoon, we had to finish our trip with Mickey waffles! I got the adult portion and mom got the kids' version, so do the comparison math as you please! I also ordered a side of scrambled eggs to round out the meal.

IMG_2694.JPG
Mickey-shaped Waffles Served with choice of Side - $10.49
Kids' Mickey-Shaped Waffle Served with Strawberry-flavored Yogurt Smoothie and Apples Slices with a choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small DASANI® Bottled Water - $7.49

I think mom got double bacon for her two sides, usually the adult portion is 3-4 and kids' is 2. I had bacon with mine of course, can't get enough of that crispy bacon, though it wasn't quite as crisp this day. The adult waffles came with a little butter cup. The eggs were nice and creamy, very delicious and a nice portion size. I forget what the eggs cost, I want to say it was around $3. The waffles were delicious as usual, very filling. I think I made it through all four of mine through sheer willpower, since I ordered the adult portion :laughing:

Le Petit Cafe
Of course I had to stop one last time at LPC. Here was their holiday drink list:

IMG_2700.JPG

I think they always have a few featured items, I only tried the gingerbread cookie which was delicious.

IMG_2701.JPG

They rotate the bakery case at breakfast, these were the pastries which looked delicious, we didn't have time to get any of them but next time!

IMG_2702.JPG

One last iced caramel latte, they were consistently good and much better than the ones I had at other locations during the trip!

IMG_2706.JPG

We didn't head to the airport until around noon since we have pre-check, so we hung out in one of the two covered patios off the lobby. They are so nice and often empty during the day. Nice and shady while still enjoying the fresh air! For reference, our Uber XL to MCO was about $43 before tip!

The Club at MCO (Priority Pass Lounge)

Bonus review of the PP lounge at MCO, this was the one by Gates 70-99 since we fly Delta. I got a Venture X credit card a while back so we have been trying all of the priority pass lounges since that comes with the card. We had been to the Vegas Club lounge, so we knew what to expect here. The food was mostly the same, I imagine all of "The Club" lounges are like that. Unlike the expensive lounges like Delta, PP lets you bring in several guests for free, so it's a nice perk of the credit card.

IMG_2708.JPG

The Gate 70-99 area is pretty small, so even though the lounge wasn't in our wing it's only a few minutes to walk between the gates. The Club is well marked and you take an elevator or flight of stairs up to check in. The airport was pretty quiet (Wednesday after Thanksgiving) and we dropped off two check bags and were through TSA pre-check within 15 minutes.

The Club was quiet as well, there was tons of seating in comfy chairs or at tables by the food/bar. We chose to sit at a table near the food area. There was a small buffet area with individual plates of salads, vegetables, and soup. They also had a few snack dispensers as well as a soda machine, coffee and tea, etc. There is a QR code on the table to order additional small plates which we did. Their buffet area is too small for all of the food, in Vegas it was much larger so there was no special ordering.

IMG_2709.JPG

While we were waiting for our other food, I grabbed some soup and vegetables. The veggies were very fresh, with a solid ranch dip. The soup tasted like Progresso to me, which I love, so no complaints!

IMG_2710.JPG

I also grabbed a drink from the bar, I've had this before, their blood orange mimosa. They have a small list of cocktails (I think a margarita, Bloody Mary) as well as all the rail drinks that are included for free. Pretty cheap liquors but hey, it's free. If you're a drinker, these lounges are very worth it!

IMG_2712.JPG

I do really enjoy this mimosa, super fruity and drinkable. Definitely a sweet drink!

We ordered a few cheese plates, tortellini, caprese sandwich, lemon square to the table. I think it was maybe 5-10 minutes to get the food, not long at all.

IMG_2713.JPG

My mom liked her sandwich, the ravioli was pretty so-so but did the job. The cheese was very basic which is just how I like it, I'm not a fan of earthy cheeses. Give me Swiss, cheddar, and pepper jack all day long! The lemon bar is very solid, can't complain.

There are a few other items on the menu but nothing too special. That said, I did like having the menu with separate plates rather than a huge buffet. Definitely feels more sanitary this was! You just feel like a hoarder with all the plates at the end! They were super grateful for tips here, so remember to bring some cash.

Overall we enjoyed this PP lounge, it was very quiet and the bathrooms are very large and clean. I imagine it gets busy during school holidays though. Plenty of outlets and comfy seating, it's just so quiet and peaceful compared to the hustle bustle of the airport. When we left we realized how much more relaxing it was in the lounge.

While the food is like 3/5, I always feel like airport food is a chore to eat and so expensive, so I feel like this is a solid $20 value per person on food alone, more if you have a few drinks. I know a little cheese plate would cost $10 alone from the airport grab and go!

And that's a wrap on this DR, thank you all for reading! While I didn't do a great job documenting my Dopey dining, I did take pictures of most foods so I think I will make a new combined DR for that trip as well as my upcoming Princess weekend trip.

Really great trip report- lots of helpful info and great pictures. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to your next reports since you will be getting back before we will this spring.

Really great trip report- lots of helpful info and great pictures. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to your next reports since you will be getting back before we will this spring.
Thanks for reading and commenting! It is amazing how fast things change up at WDW. Even though I am doing three back to back trips in about three months time, every trip is a different "season" in terms of food. Wild!

Loved this dining report! I felt like I was agreeing with your food comments even without having tried the foods, so we must have similar tastes! I am a steak snob but a basic cheese lover. Hate a spicy gingerbread cookie but love anything marshmallow! I am critical of bacon and love it when it melts in your mouth, which is rare at a QS. Going to go down the rabbit hole of your other reports now, hehe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter