• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November 2020

I don’t think FP+ will really work unless they fill the rides to capacity. Otherwise it will just make the wait times even longer.

I am still on the fence about going to the parks, especially with the higher crowds. We have tickets for 4 days as of now but I might save them for next trip. Kinda wish we could just use 2.

Waiting to hear an end date for F&W before making any real decision...it’s getting pretty close though! We would be in Epcot for the 19th & 20th and I know the Festival of Holidays starts on the 27th.

I don’t think FP+ will really work unless they fill the rides to capacity. Otherwise it will just make the wait times even longer.

I am still on the fence about going to the parks, especially with the higher crowds. We have tickets for 4 days as of now but I might save them for next trip. Kinda wish we could just use 2.

Waiting to hear an end date for F&W before making any real decision...it’s getting pretty close though! We would be in Epcot for the 19th & 20th and I know the Festival of Holidays starts on the 27th.
Are these date-based tickets you purchased this year that expire in Sept 2021?
If so, check into it, I think you might be able to use 2 now and 2 before next Sept.

I really think (as much as I can work FP on our trips to our advantage), it's a bad time to bring it back. Even in August when it wasn't as busy as it sounds now, FP would have clogged everything up. The lines are long but at least they keep moving (unless bumping into a cleaning cycle).

Also speculating since limited capacity and limited shows, restaurants, etc., FP would be pretty limited too. This means only a small amt of people would probably actually get them while everyone else stood still in lines.

Edited to add: Hopefully they'll add more evening ADRs on soon (I've been checking, but nothing yet!). And I'm so glad with more crowds and hours, this should hopefully help get CMs back to work.
Good info..... I know it was wishful thinking in a way....I know what you're saying about it causing additional issues if added back.
I looked at ADRs too....didn't see anything. Hoping with you.

Yes I agree it would be worse with FP now. I have never been a fan of FP+ but still, waits were so pleasant in July and Sept! The big thing is that standby lines MOVE! The 70 minute BTMRR line we got on took 22 minutes; the 45 minute line we jumped back in took 11. The 25 minute safari line took 16 and that was with catching a cleaning. 40 minute posted EE was a walk on and a 45 posted FOP was also a walk on and we were asked if we wanted to ride again; this was all in Sept. I do not expect it to be this way for Thanksgiving but I much rather stay in a 40 minute constantly moving line than a 40 minute standby line with FP where it could end up being longer and also come to standstills depending on how many FP folks come through!

I did add a later Wave dinner on our MK night once the later hours were announced so we can go back to MK easily afterwards but don't know that I'll change anything else. What I have works pretty well even with the added hours but hope you all get some later times!

Gotta love setting a reservation finder for Beaches And Cream back in August, forgetting about it, then getting the text and being able to log in quickly enough to get the reservation!

It’s for 6:55 pm on our 1st HS day. Now that I have it I’ll try and tinker with the time to get it a bit later so we can stay til the 7:00 pm close (HS is our favorite park). I’m just excited to get a reservation for four people there no matter what time! 😂 It’s our first time eating there and are all in for the sundaes!!

Getting excited that I can say we're going to Disney next month! Although I'm starting to wonder if the 5 bottles of hand sanitizers and couple of masks I have are enough. :hyper:

I have about that too - along with lysol wipes! I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. We ordered specialty magic bands and tracking shows they are going to be delivered today so I am excited about that :)

38 days until our trip!!! So excited!! I think it is best if they leave FP out of things for now. It leaves everyone on the same playing field for rides and will keep the lines moving steadily. But yes wondering how "crowded" it will feel. I did notice the hour change and hope that helps. But I am just happy to be in the Disney bubble for a week!!!! If we have a nice meal each day and enjoy some attractions, I will be happy.

Yikes, DHS just filled up for almost all of the days DD and I will be there (5-11th). We were pondering swapping days, but I guess that decision is now made! 😁

Yikes, DHS just filled up for almost all of the days DD and I will be there (5-11th). We were pondering swapping days, but I guess that decision is now made! 😁
I hear you. My daughter keeps looking at the availability calendar (even though we have our parks booked).....and acts surprised as each day she seems to find another "filled up" park.

Touring plans just updated their crowd tracking numbers for thanksgiving week - thanksgiving day went from like a 4 to an 8 so it’s looking like old times

Touring plans just updated their crowd tracking numbers for thanksgiving week - thanksgiving day went from like a 4 to an 8 so it’s looking like old times
Thanks for the update. Not surprising....in mid-September, when we were booking our Nov trip, the HS days were booked for almost the entire week of Thanksgiving. Then slowly HS & MK were getting busier and busier. Definitely good to read some of the reports from those that have traveled in the past week or 2.

Between now and Dec 1st, there are more days on the Park Pass Availability calendar with at least 1 park fully booked...then there are days with all 4 available.

Hi.

We are six adults staying in a GV at SSR for my 30th wedding anniversary. We are going to two parks, Epcot and AK. The dates are set since the trip also includes golf.

For our park days, would you do Epcot on a Wednesday that is Veteran’s Day or a Friday? I am the planner for six adults, three couples, and having a hard time deciding.

Whatever day we don‘t do Epcot, we will be doing AK.

I really want to finalize the park days before we get shut out. If Wednesday wasn’t Veteran’s day, I would do Epcot but now not so sure. Right now I have us foing to AK Wednesday, Veteran’s Day and Epcot on Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter