November 2013 - Car Rental Rates/Codes

Must only work with specific dates. Tried 11-27 to 12/8 and get over $400

I put those dates straight into carrentalsavers.com and ezrent has it at $283 for an intermediate...not sure what ou have now, but that is better than $400.

Hi guys,

We are renting a car in November too, it's my first time renting so I'm not even sure what a good deal is supposed to look like. We have to have a minivan since there are 7 of us.

We really only need the car for the 1st 2 days. The first day when we fly in to stock the villa and the next morning to make rope drop to see the WWOHP. Because of that I think we have to go with Alamo (I joined insiders) so that we can pick it up from the airport and return it conveniently at Disney's car car center. We don't want to waste vacation time going far to drop it off and then waiting for a shuttle to take us back.

Anyway, with the sunshine get away promotion I booked the minivan for 2 days for $109. With some of the prices I was seeing that you guys got I thought maybe I would see about renting the car for the whole time but with the code from above it was going to cost me $426 for 8 days (pick up and return to MCO). Those prices are with all the taxes and fees. What the heck is the private fee recovery charge anyway? It adds 34 bucks to the price. Are you guys quoting the full full price with taxes and fees, or just the base price?

Also, how do I add another driver onto the reservation? I heard a 2nd driver is free when you are an Insider, but when I placed the reservation, it didn't give me an option to add another driver.

Thanks for your help.

Hi guys,

We are renting a car in November too, it's my first time renting so I'm not even sure what a good deal is supposed to look like. We have to have a minivan since there are 7 of us.

We really only need the car for the 1st 2 days. The first day when we fly in to stock the villa and the next morning to make rope drop to see the WWOHP. Because of that I think we have to go with Alamo (I joined insiders) so that we can pick it up from the airport and return it conveniently at Disney's car car center. We don't want to waste vacation time going far to drop it off and then waiting for a shuttle to take us back.

Anyway, with the sunshine get away promotion I booked the minivan for 2 days for $109. With some of the prices I was seeing that you guys got I thought maybe I would see about renting the car for the whole time but with the code from above it was going to cost me $426 for 8 days (pick up and return to MCO). Those prices are with all the taxes and fees. What the heck is the private fee recovery charge anyway? It adds 34 bucks to the price. Are you guys quoting the full full price with taxes and fees, or just the base price?

Also, how do I add another driver onto the reservation? I heard a 2nd driver is free when you are an Insider, but when I placed the reservation, it didn't give me an option to add another driver.

Thanks for your help.

All the fees are BS in my opinion. Just a way for them to make money. Yes people here are usually quoting total price with tax and fees. Don't usually rent a minivan but $50 per day sounds about right.

As for the other driver you add it when you pick up the car at the rental desk.

All the fees are BS in my opinion. Just a way for them to make money. Yes people here are usually quoting total price with tax and fees. Don't usually rent a minivan but $50 per day sounds about right.

Thanks Kenny

My father in law recommended car mama for discounts, so far their price is below the others...anyone use them before? Any other discount sites I should check out? Limited to Alamo and national for this trip

I found car rental savers to be much cheaper than rental car momma. From car rental savers... $193 (inc tax) standard from Alamo Nov 29-Dec 6 picking up MCO return ing to WDW Car Care Center.

Wow Firefly's rates are pretty good. Anybody have any coupon codes for them yet?

I hate renting from Advantage (which is essentially what Firefly is, re-named and sold/bought from the sounds of it), but if its the only company offering a decent price for my 9 days ... guess I can deal with poor customer service and a less than squeaky clean car. :rolleyes: (I truly don't mind older/worn cars, as long as they run smoothly and are clean. Maybe this re-branding will mean I'll have a better experience with this company?)

$194 including taxes and fees for 9 days is about the highest I'm willing to spend (would have been okay with using ME and a $200 taxi budget if I couldn't find one for under that amount).

I'll hang on to this reservation for now and hope Enterprise or any of the majors come down in price.

I have never heard of FireFly...are they in the terminal? The price is a bit better than what I have booked. Has anyone ever used them?

The prices have dropped again for Alamo all. The reservation I spoke of above for $282 I just picked up for $258! Just make sure you are logged into your Alamo insiders account and use the code I also mentioned above. Still a little more than traveling out of the airport but I'll spend it to get the car that much quicker and also be with Alamo where you can choose any vehicle in a classes isle. Plus I never did it before but now I can skip the counter totally, and just go straight to the garage, pick a car and show the paperwork I just printed to the booth agent. Good luck all, hope everyone finds some great deals for wherever you choose to rent!

I just rebooked with Alamo and saved $30 on my rental as well - yeah!

Thanks for the savers recommendation, I saved $20 over mama!!! Sat 9 pick up in ft lauderdale drop off at car care center Monday, standard car Alamo for $59 all in. SO thrilled!!!!

I have never heard of FireFly...are they in the terminal? The price is a bit better than what I have booked. Has anyone ever used them?
I did a bit of research, and it sounds like they are a new company, just starting to take reservations a few months ago for rentals starting in September or October ... so I don't know if anybody could have used them yet. From reports they will be in the terminal, though. I think it was discussed some more in another thread ... if you search the Transportation board under "Firefly" it'll come up.

Except that they're not actually a new company, because they're Advantage, and somewhere in the mergers Advantage got sold by one of the big rental car companies, then bought by Hertz, so they're getting re-branded but using the same inventory/infrastructure, if that makes sense. Its entirely possible that the customer service aspect will improve under Hertz's management, though, which was my main problem with Advantage as a company previously.

I did a bit of research, and it sounds like they are a new company, just starting to take reservations a few months ago for rentals starting in September or October ... so I don't know if anybody could have used them yet. From reports they will be in the terminal, though. I think it was discussed some more in another thread ... if you search the Transportation board under "Firefly" it'll come up.

Except that they're not actually a new company, because they're Advantage, and somewhere in the mergers Advantage got sold by one of the big rental car companies, then bought by Hertz, so they're getting re-branded but using the same inventory/infrastructure, if that makes sense. Its entirely possible that the customer service aspect will improve under Hertz's management, though, which was my main problem with Advantage as a company previously.

When Hertz acquired Dollar/Thrifty, they had to dump Advantage(which Hertz owned for a number of years), which is now located offsite. Hertz then got Firefly, which is not advantage.

Hi guys,

Thanks for your help.

If you checkin online you can add the driver then or, you can use the kiosk and add the driver there.
You will need to show both licenses at the exit booth along with the renter's credit card and the additional driver needs to be in the car.
It is a little early for Nov. rentals. New codes and coupon codes will probably be out late Sept. or sometime in October.
It used to be called a concession recovery fee. A charge passed along to consumers by car rental companies to cover their cost of mandatory fees levied by the airport or other authority. Sometimes called an airport facility fee or airport access fee.

The fees are to offset what the company has to pay to be at a specific location. They don't really make any money recouping those fees.
They can add an additional driver via online checkin or at the kiosk.

Best rates will be coming out this month, all the specials pop 2 months prior usually.
I always get a car for 10 days (standard) for about 200-250, always......

Got a suburban in june for 400 for 10 days ( these are total prices with taxes n fees....

Best website around for discounts is
Rentalcodes.com
Better than mamma or kayak or anything

Best rates will be coming out this month, all the specials pop 2 months prior usually.
I always get a car for 10 days (standard) for about 200-250, always......

Got a suburban in june for 400 for 10 days ( these are total prices with taxes n fees....

Best website around for discounts is
Rentalcodes.com
Better than mamma or kayak or anything

I've always gotten the best rates within 2 weeks of my trip, the best I've done was a mid size for 9 days for $87 and that was including all taxes and fees !!

If you checkin online you can add the driver then or, you can use the kiosk and add the driver there.
You will need to show both licenses at the exit booth along with the renter's credit card and the additional driver needs to be in the car.
It is a little early for Nov. rentals. New codes and coupon codes will probably be out late Sept. or sometime in October.
It used to be called a concession recovery fee. A charge passed along to consumers by car rental companies to cover their cost of mandatory fees levied by the airport or other authority. Sometimes called an airport facility fee or airport access fee.

Thanks.

Booked an intermediate SUV 11/16-11/23 through car rental savers/Budget for $172.81 total today! Very pleased with this price still this far out. I'll keep looking but I can live with this price!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter