Not ROFR thread - general discussion

Appreciate you reporting back. Now I’m deeply curious which Grand it is. I’m assuming VGF because that’s the same one they’ve ROFR’d within the past few, but it seems crazy not to buy back VGC around $200 if you can resell it at $310 as fast as you can get your hands on it.

I hope someone else with VGF calls in to see what price they are buying it back at.
I want to say it was Grand Flo. But seems like they'd buy back Grand CA. Maybe it's both. I should have paid attention.

Not being 100% on all resellers, Grand flo (VGF) has only had 1 per month grabbed from what I've seen. Generally, with very low price per point.

I think they are talking about selling directly to Disney outside of ROFR.
Interesting, I have had 2 different guides tell me since I bought that DVC doesn't buy back direct, only time they buy back is via ROFR.

I would love to know if there is any tracking to show ones they have bought back direct.

Anyone else get annoyed when a contract has banked points and the listing hs "Buyer pays NO Dues on the 2023 points!" as its like some sort of mega deal and not that dues are paid on a yearly bases. No mater if you usr the points or not

That’s the least of my annoyances regarding their marketing tactics. It ranks well below “certified hot price” or “red hot deal” specials.

Also why do people list a contract for sale and then have cant close until December. Its only June
This is a smart tactic for sellers who think the DVC market may have another leg down or otherwise want the cash as soon as possible after their trip…but it’s not a great idea for buyers (unless it comes with a SIGNIFICANT discount) because if the market prices skyrocket between now and December, seller can back out with limited penalty— I think it’s extremely rare that would happen except that we have seen dramatic increases with VGC and more recently PVB in the past two years. Meanwhile, if price goes down, buyer loses their whole deposit if they try to walk away.

facebook twitter