• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nightmare!

Neapolitan Ice Cream

DIS Veteran
We've had a little bit of misfortune as of late, partially due to our neighbours.

It all started when they moved in. First came the arguments - both husband and wife would frequently have slanging matches at HUGE volumes aimed at each other, pretty deafening really! Then came the Urban Renewal. Starting at 5AM most days, they started to crack out the power tools, more so of late. Buzz saws. Jack hammers. Everything under the sun. And it made our house actually vibrate! This was alarming - we have an old house and you could imagine it falling to bits. Well, our fantasies came true today when a large portion of the kitchen finally gave way during a prolonged pneumatic drill crescendo and the ceiling fell in! Almost on my head! And distressingly close to the gas and power relays :scared:

Of course we darted around to the neighbours to request that they cease drilling until we could fix our house or at least postpone another disaster, and guess what happened? The dear neighbours eMailed us a threatening letter full of swear words alleging that we menaced them and that we we out of line. I was there when we asked for the breather - I can assure you we practically begged for a little space!

So yeah. Not the best day, really.

Oh my goodness, it Does sound like a nightmare. I truly hope you will be able to have a Safe Enjoyable existence next to, what sounds like the neighbors from hell. I’m seeing attorneys and angst and headaches and just want to wish you the very best of luck … and Safety! Start Documenting Everything and don’t be afraid to reach out for help to whatever Agency/ies that can possibly help.

Oh my goodness!!
I've had horrible neighbors
but not like that.
Please take the advice of the previous
post & contact EVERYONE you can
think of to intervene.
Prayers said 🙏💕

I know that you are in the UK I believe but don't you have noise ordinances. I know in my town you can not mow your lawn until after 7 and not after 9pm. I have had to look up these laws since my neighbor hates my hound dog and threatens to call the police on him every time he howls but he is not doing anything that breaks the noise ordinance. I am assuming that you share walls with this neighbor and you may need to get your neighborhood association involved if it continues.

Good Luck - it absolutely sucks having difficult neighbors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter