Nice News Revisited November 2023 Exercise Challenge

sophy1996

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the November 2023 exercise thread! A few years ago (eep, it was 2018!) I did a "Nice News November," and it seems like we could sure use some nice news these days as well. So this month I'll be pointing out nice news stories--some Disney, some not.

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how it works:

Each person chooses a time goal and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise. You can post daily or just catch up when you can. You decide what movement counts towards your goal - which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day. Since November has 30 days, here are some common conversions:

15 minutes/day = 450
20 minutes/day = 600
30 minutes/day = 900
45 minutes/day = 1350
1 hour/day = 1800

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress:

10% - Benevolent Blue
25% - Outstanding Orange
50% - Pleasant Purple
75% - Positive Pink
90% - Refreshing Red
100% - Great Green

We’re officially starting this challenge on November 1, but if you don’t find the thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join! There's no better time than the present to start toward your goals!! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Participants:

BonnieF - 310/500
CarolineBowmanFan37 -5990/5000
Elizabeth Smith - 525/525
livih99 - 480/400

Oneanne - 180/900
PollyannaMom - 320/500
ShannyMcB - 350/350
sophy1996 - 1125/1200
Twilight Sparkle - 2730/2000

Totals: 12,010/10,875 110%

Last edited:
Last edited:

Hello! I'm going to shoot for 525 this month! I love the theme this month. We definitely need some positivity. I've felt more bogged down than usual with everything in the news lately, plus some of my husband's friends are going through difficult times. Let's generate some cheer to go into the holiday season!!

Good morning!

Congratulations to
Twilight Sparkle and CarolineBowmanFan37 for turning Benevolent Blue! And the TEAM is Benevolent Blue as well!

In honor of Twilight Sparkle's run, here's a nice story of a marathoner who gave up a personal record to save a kitten (and find it a home) -- all during the race!

And to even things up for dog lovers, here's a story about a dog who saved his teenager, who was having a stroke.

Hello! I'm going to shoot for 525 this month! I love the theme this month. We definitely need some positivity. I've felt more bogged down than usual with everything in the news lately, plus some of my husband's friends are going through difficult times. Let's generate some cheer to go into the holiday season!!

That's pretty much how I felt! I've been enjoying looking for happy stories.

155 minutes - half marathon, warm up, cool down, stretches (138 minutes for the half which means I was slower than the 10k, but still very, very happy with the time)

260/2000

Congratulations! It's so impressive you got both done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter