"NFL LITE" AKA COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2024

God, I used to LOVE college football. I went to a huge football school and reveled in it. Same with basketball. But now? I can't stand to watch any of it. Everything around it makes me angry. I didn't like the players being exploited, but NIL is an ill-thought out mess. The amount of money being blown on athletics makes me sick. Yeah, I said blown. Wasted. All the problems in the world and this is what we're spending literal billions on? I can't get my head around it anymore. And that goes for almost all sports. Basketball, pro sports, the Olympics... it's all just so much money wasted. On a game. (Of course, I feel much the same way about overblown movies, actors salaries, etc.) There's just so much spending that doesn't seem to add up to the effort or value to society.

God, I used to LOVE college football. I went to a huge football school and reveled in it. Same with basketball. But now? I can't stand to watch any of it. Everything around it makes me angry. I didn't like the players being exploited, but NIL is an ill-thought out mess. The amount of money being blown on athletics makes me sick. Yeah, I said blown. Wasted. All the problems in the world and this is what we're spending literal billions on? I can't get my head around it anymore. And that goes for almost all sports. Basketball, pro sports, the Olympics... it's all just so much money wasted. On a game. (Of course, I feel much the same way about overblown movies, actors salaries, etc.) There's just so much spending that doesn't seem to add up to the effort or value to society.

Like Carson Beck driving around Athens in a $270,000 Lamborghini?

How will a state like Alabama with far fewer financial resources compete in the future? When the payroll for Texas cracks $1 billion in a near future all other teams will be left in the dust.
Have you checked on the Yankees over the last two decades? Money doesn't buy championships.....

AP Preseason Top 25

1Georgia (46)1,532
2Ohio State (15)1,490
3Oregon (1)1,403
4Texas1,386
5Alabama1,260
6Ole Miss1,189
7Notre Dame1,122
8Penn State1,060
9Michigan995
10Florida State971
11Missouri927
12Utah887
13LSU804
14Clemson689
15Tennessee629
16Oklahoma566
17Oklahoma State538
18Kansas State526
19Miami (FL)492
20Texas A&M292
21Arizona237
22Kansas231
23Southern Cal172
24North Carolina State171
25Iowa140

Have you checked on the Yankees over the last two decades? Money doesn't buy championships.....
In the wild card era, 20 of 29 WS champions ranked in the top 10 in opening day payroll.
6 more ranked in the top half, but not in the top 10.
Just 3 ranked in the bottom half and just 1 ranked bottom 10. But two of them made deals that then put them in the top half by season's end.

Money may not buy championships. But it sure gives a team a leg up.

Reactions: GAN
Hard to believe,but Week 0 is here!

College Football is here until January 20!

Word is that the FSU fans are STILL irate at Kirk Herbstreit-College Gameday in Ireland Saturday should be fun for Kirk!lol

Pat McAfee is live from Ireland and is at a Pub drinking during his show.

He has already downed a Shot and a Beer.

Oh my.

He just chugged another beer.

Nick Saban is there and I feel sorry for him.

McAfee keeps telling him he is pronouncing "program" wrong.

Strange.

Now he is talking about smoking Marijuana with Jellyroll.

ESPN has to be proud. Lol

Over 20,000 FSU fans went to Dublin.

Over 20,000 FSU fans have a LONG plane ride home.

• Haha
Excited for the season. My son is in his senior year this year. We fly to game one this week! It’s a big one. We are starting out with a bang. Hope everyone enjoys the season!

Not college ball, but I am excited to see some of my favorite players from last year play in the NFL this year. Most excited to watch Bo Nix. That kid is fire.

Sad news-Nick Saban's Mother has passed away at the age of 92.

Would guess he will not be in College Station for GameDay.

Sympathies go out to the Saban Family.

This is the same FSU school crying last year? Okay ACC….

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest