News Round Up 2020

Hey a discount is a discount. You’ve been saying all along that if a discount was offered, you’d jump on it. Unfortunately tickets will never be discounted unless they have absolutely no other choice. And announcements of when things like fireworks or parades are coming back are a ways away. Gotta take the little victories when we can get them. Plus if they discount the tickets more people will stay off site, which is what they absolutely don’t want to happen. They want you in their hotels, and if you’re in their hotels, you’re going to buy the tickets anyway
Don't disagree .. a discount is a discount .. and I may jump on it (just maybe for an adult trip, not a family trip). I've been looking for a ticket discount though to just go there, check it out and not be worried about things I can't do .. or reduced hours or lack of park hopping. Universal is offering a ticket discount right now, so I am more tempted to go there than Disney if I drive down.

I mean, I get it... they want people in THEIR hotels. Discount the hotel, get people to buy food, souvenirs and pay for tickets. They make more money per day on tickets for a family of 3-4 than they do on the hotel. I'm just saying, from my perspective, the parks are offering less, so discount that to encourage the people who are waiting for "normal" to maybe come anyway.
How many people have decided not to come until things are back to normal? Would a severe ticket discount encourage them to come?

This IS a victory though, like you mentioned, . .this is a slight move to "normal" .. since they are slowly and more actively encouraging people to come. Definitely is a good thing.

some might just be how roads are

I did a quick google maps to see how long from Arkansas to WDW vs Kentucky to WDW (just literally did the state to do the center of said state), and Arkansas was just over 14 hours and Kentucky was ~11.5 hours ... so maybe they stuck with under 12 hours drive?
This makes sense to me, I think it is about drive time and trying to encourage those who can drive roughly in a day or so.
Besides, it corresponds to what they teach in school in that area, the 3 R's ... Reading, Riting and Route 75, your road to success! (and Mickey too!)

I know this is getting a little off topic, but there has been a ticket discount before...sort of. In March 2009 we took our second family trip to WDW and tickets were buy 4 days get up to 3 days free. And resorts as well were stay 4 nights get up to 3 nights free. We had been planning to stay at Coronado, but because of that deal we could afford to stay at WL instead.

You can always walk to the TTC from Poly. We do it all the time when we stay there.

So I called seeing as I have a DVC stay in February. I was just curious if they would get the boats running. The answer I got was basically what you said above. If you want to go to MK - you walk back to the TTC and ride the monorail or the ferry. I am trying to decide if this is a deal-breaker on staying there. I don't think it is, we are staying partly for a room size, partly for the theme, and partly for the location to MK. I am not as enamored with the MK resorts as many are, possibly because we don't have little kids. They are great for access to MK, but stink for DAK and DHS, Epcot is OK when the Epcot monorail is running, but taking the bus will stink too. However, we are planning on trying a car for our October trip for the first time ever on property - and if we have a car maybe this would reduce the location stink.

Personally, I feel like it's bizarre and stupid to limit the discount to a handful of particular states, but whatever.

Disney does whatever Disney wants.

It makes perfect sense with the data they have. More than likely they've found that a lot more people are willing to drive from neighboring states than fly from a fair distance. I am sure it's been a analysis done that they are more likely to tempt people from nearby than far away.

My question about the Poly refurb is what will happen to the Ohana character breakfast: Stitch, Moana, or both?

I seriously doubt they get rid of Lilo and Stitch. Face characters are more expensive to pay, and I can only think of one example where they mixed face characters and costume characters (1900 Park Fare) and they don't do that anymore.

So I called seeing as I have a DVC stay in February. I was just curious if they would get the boats running. The answer I got was basically what you said above. If you want to go to MK - you walk back to the TTC and ride the monorail or the ferry. I am trying to decide if this is a deal-breaker on staying there. I don't think it is, we are staying partly for a room size, partly for the theme, and partly for the location to MK. I am not as enamored with the MK resorts as many are, possibly because we don't have little kids. They are great for access to MK, but stink for DAK and DHS, Epcot is OK when the Epcot monorail is running, but taking the bus will stink too. However, we are planning on trying a car for our October trip for the first time ever on property - and if we have a car maybe this would reduce the location stink.
We have gotten annoyed by the poor monorail service at the MK resorts before Covid. That’s when we tried moderates with a car. We always have a car now, partly because we split stay between UO and WDW. I am glad we had one in July and glad we will in November with all of the bad waits and Covid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter