• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2020

Never mind, opens in incognito.

Didn't work for me.

I can't believe it was even still their choice at this point. Oklahoma ordered parks closed a week ago.

I didn't realize you were in OK. I thought OSU was for Ohio. I rarely find people who went there. My uncle graduated from OSU twice: different degrees, different times. Do you still live near OSU, or just graduated there? Our son is in OK, Tulsa area, with grandparents for extended Spring Break. We are supposed to pick him up in Dallas area next weekend. We are in Austin. We haven't closed public parks, but we don't have amusement type places. Pools, sports courts, and playgrounds at the parks are closed though. It's hard to close public parks here, when they are everywhere and rarely gated, fenced, or even landscaped.

If we could take the school discussion to the community board or private conversations that would be great. I know not a lot to talk about but any news we do get shouldn’t be lost.

Our schools are voting to go remote learning only for the rest of the year. I think the vote is tomorrow.
I teach in Moore, Oklahoma, the vote is Wednesday and it is looking like they expect us to teach at a distance. I am not sure how that is going to work. Everyone says online, but with parents working at home and with several children in the household, who gets to use the computers? They also suggest delivering assignments, but if the virus can live on paper, how does that help? Trust me, elementary kids get all kinds of germs on their paper.

I admire that he jumped right into problem-solving and identifying places where he could reduce his expenses. I wonder if he employed the “hang up and call back because you might get a different answer” strategy? I also think I would have waited a *little* longer to see if they change their tune. Instead, he went straight to the press. And we are only a couple of weeks into this! That kinda rubs me the wrong way...

The article quotes Universal, stating, “We work on a case-by-case basis.” To me, that insinuated that Universal (and the other parks) would have given him a pause, but mean, greedy Disney won’t. When the truth is, they may have given him the same answer Disney did.

Didn't work for me.

I didn't realize you were in OK. I thought OSU was for Ohio. I rarely find people who went there. My uncle graduated from OSU twice: different degrees, different times. Do you still live near OSU, or just graduated there? Our son is in OK, Tulsa area, with grandparents for extended Spring Break. We are supposed to pick him up in Dallas area next weekend. We are in Austin. We haven't closed public parks, but we don't have amusement type places. Pools, sports courts, and playgrounds at the parks are closed though. It's hard to close public parks here, when they are everywhere and rarely gated, fenced, or even landscaped.
I'm in Edmond, north of OKC. My in-laws live in Stillwater, though, so I'm up at the OSU campus all the time.

As far as our public parks I think they are all still open, I meant our amusement parks were ordered closed. Only thing I've heard about real parks is that most campgrounds are closed throughout the state and boat ramps inside campgrounds are closed.

Disney+ is now live in the UK :) Not too sure about rest of Europe as I have heard France is postponed die to internet speeds being reduced

According to this article, it launced in UK, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Austria, and Switzerland and then will launch in France on April 7th (delayed by 2 weeks due to bandwidth concersn).

Also indicates they are doing so at lower bandwidth so might be lower quality

https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/24/w...pean-countries-france-to-come-online-april-7/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter