News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertising is always decieving. Promos for Gringotts failed to show all the chains in the lobby that make it impossible to get a nice shot of the whole room and ruin the immersive feeling a bit. I understand the need for fences, but they eliminate some angles for photos if you want it to look “real” with no fence in it. I wish they had made viewing platforms a dozen feet or so back from the ship so you can stand on that and get a better pic with no fence. That may be hard to fit in thematically though.

Okay, thanks! I mean, Gaston is dead too.... ;)

I'm still not sure how I feel about that. I suspect I won't know until I visit for myself. I do know that I am an original trilogy fanatic and a casual fan to the rest.
I'm worried they overestimated the fanaticism of the newer stuff, raised prices and now people just aren't going to spend the money needed to pay for this land.

Mostly I hope this land isn't a "failure". I hope this because I fear what would happen to all the amazing plans they seem to have for the future of Epcot, etc. I don't want them to scale back.

Well, to each his own, but I dont see how the land could be seen as a failure. It's pretty amazing. I do wish they had more walk around characters or particularly droids for photo ops. I think C3PO would be a hard character to have walk a round as it would be so hard to have someone in that costume. I also would suggest to wait until the second ride is open if you aren't a regular visitor, cause half the land feels kind of empty right now.

I don’t see a big issue with the fences. If there weren’t fences I’m sure paint would be ripped off of the ships already like the queues in Toy Story land.

I can't think of anywhere else at WDW where every set piece is behind a fence. The paint in TSL obviously was not properly done. Overall not a big deal, but it did hurt the immersiveness for me, made it feel more like a wax museum than a land I was a part of.

But like I said earlier, I was much more impressed with the ride than I thought I would be, and less impressed with the land than I thought I would be. The land was also packed with people while I was in it and the only characters I saw were a couple of Stromtroopers and I didn't notice any of the CMs acting in any type of character. So to me, the land was no different than Fantasyland or Pandora, but I can get up close with the set pieces in Pandora. Also, Stormtroopers casually walking around the MF makes absolutely no sense to me.

I am keeping an open mid for next time when it'll hopefully be less busy and I'll walk around more during the day. Hopefully the fences will come down after a while too.

BTW: I am not saying the land is a failure or anything, it just didn't live up to the hype for me. (It probably would've lived up to my original hype before I watched all the coverage of the DL opening).

I can't think of anywhere else at WDW where every set piece is behind a fence. The paint in TSL obviously was not properly done. Overall not a big deal, but it did hurt the immersiveness for me, made it feel more like a wax museum than a land I was a part of.

But like I said earlier, I was much more impressed with the ride than I thought I would be, and less impressed with the land than I thought I would be. The land was also packed with people while I was in it and the only characters I saw were a couple of Stromtroopers and I didn't notice any of the CMs acting in any type of character. So to me, the land was no different than Fantasyland or Pandora, but I can get up close with the set pieces in Pandora. Also, Stormtroopers casually walking around the MF makes absolutely no sense to me.

I am keeping an open mid for next time when it'll hopefully be less busy and I'll walk around more during the day. Hopefully the fences will come down after a while too.

BTW: I am not saying the land is a failure or anything, it just didn't live up to the hype for me.
I understand but at the same time I would rather these things not get ruined by people so I am okay with the fences.

Off the top of my head you have the horseless carriage in front of the Haunted Mansion and Maximus' bag of apples on the way to the Tangles Toilets that are set pieces behind fences - I am sure there are others

I get you point and perhaps they could have come up with a better way to keep people away from the Falcon than just a fence. Other spots seems more themactically ok. Plus, not like in reality it is ok to just sit in other people's land speeders for photos so in some ways it would hurt the theme if some where photo ops. But others I think they could have been a bit more creative in how they block it off

Just got a Disney+ offer in the mail today for Visa holders. $120 for 2 years or $170 for 3 years. I also got a movie club invitation today, I'm thinking Disney+ is really going to hurt the movie club.

Slightly DMC related...My wife told me yesterday that the movie club points were being restructured to be much worse so she cashed out everything we had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter