News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait... were you actually spending significant time on club cool, fountain, and the few other things closing? This won’t change a single thing about how we spend time in Epcot.

some of the things that we did do will be reopening so hard to get too "down" about them (the character spot, the Starbucks, etc.). I will truly miss the fountain that - that is something we always got several pictures of each trip and my family just loved it and was fairly iconic to the park for me

Do they have these in the flight at the Coke Store at Disney Springs?

I've never been to the Coke store either. But looked up the menu and those flavors are available so that's good to know.

Wait... were you actually spending significant time on club cool, fountain, and the few other things closing? This won’t change a single thing about how we spend time in Epcot.

I did it was a place to cool off try some soda and with my kids plan out our next moves out of the summer heat. We never went to the Starbucks in Epcot (we usually did with other parks). But we always went here. My oldest doesn't even really drink soda but we found this place fun.

I'm so happy they did this for him as a 6 to 7 year old boy to be so selfless he deserves all the recognition.

some of the things that we did do will be reopening so hard to get too "down" about them (the character spot, the Starbucks, etc.). I will truly miss the fountain that - that is something we always got several pictures of each trip and my family just loved it and was fairly iconic to the park for me
And new fountains are in the plans, yes? So also temporary just a tad longer. ;)

I can’t wait for the future world transformation!! Truly!!

I did it was a place to cool off try some soda and with my kids plan out our next moves out of the summer heat. We never went to the Starbucks in Epcot (we usually did with other parks). But we always went here. My oldest doesn't even really drink soda but we found this place fun.
Ok! But what’s that... 30min from an Epcot visit? That was my only point — not that much of actual use is going away. And I can’t wait for what is replacing it!

And new fountains are in the plans, yes? So also temporary just a tad longer. ;)

I can’t wait for the future world transformation!! Truly!!

well, water features and fountains of sort - but not the same as the Fountain Of Nations that they added water to from Twenty-five bodies of water representing 29 nations were poured into the fountain, etc. - so to me that element of Epcot is gone forever and will be missed by me - and I don't see anything wrong with feeling nostalgic for something that is leaving

But I think it is possible to be sentimental and miss things that are going and also be excited about the future. Just because I say I will me that specific fountain doesn't mean I am against all the coming changes

I am excited for Disney+ in November but, I am starting to get rather antsy as I use multiple Firesticks. Has anyone heard updates on the possibility of Disney+ adding Amazon to the initial rollout? Secondary rollout even? It seems a large market to ignore.
They're definitely not ignoring Amazon. My ongoing theory is that Amazon wants a hefty fee to let Disney in, since they're effectively competitors now (Prime Video vs. Disney+).

I am excited for Disney+ in November but, I am starting to get rather antsy as I use multiple Firesticks. Has anyone heard updates on the possibility of Disney+ adding Amazon to the initial rollout? Secondary rollout even? It seems a large market to ignore.
We were particularly worried about this since we cut the cord last year and stream using a Fire stick. This was one of the reasons I was considering waiting to sign up (also isn't that much that we're looking to watch on it on Day 1). We decided the D23 discount was worth it, and I found that it's going to be on Xbox One, so we'll just stream it through that.

well, water features and fountains of sort - but not the same as the Fountain Of Nations that they added water to from Twenty-five bodies of water representing 29 nations were poured into the fountain, etc. - so to me that element of Epcot is gone forever and will be missed by me - and I don't see anything wrong with feeling nostalgic for something that is leaving

But I think it is possible to be sentimental and miss things that are going and also be excited about the future. Just because I say I will me that specific fountain doesn't mean I am against all the coming changes
Nothing wrong at all! My original response was to a post saying that Epcot may not be a two-day Park now with these changes... I guess if one adds up all the club cool and fountain time I still don’t get it. But to each his/her own!

Nothing wrong at all! My original response was to a post saying that Epcot may not be a two-day Park now with these changes... I guess if one adds up all the club cool and fountain time I still don’t get it. But to each his/her own!

ah, ok that I get - no matter how much you love Club Cool I can't see it taking more than 30 mins of your day

I htink that comment though was more about after Space Ship Earth closes and if it closes before Rat opens ... then you are really not looking at a ton of attractions plus just having to walk through a maze of walls and stuff ... unless you are into exploring the countries and/or a festival is going on, I can see viewing Epcot as more of a half day part at that point, but not just with what closed over the weekend.

ah, ok that I get - no matter how much you love Club Cool I can't see it taking more than 30 mins of your day

I htink that comment though was more about after Space Ship Earth closes and if it closes before Rat opens ... then you are really not looking at a ton of attractions plus just having to walk through a maze of walls and stuff ... unless you are into exploring the countries and/or a festival is going on, I can see viewing Epcot as more of a half day part at that point, but not just with what closed over the weekend.
I still don’t get it - but that’s me! 😄

Spaceship Earth takes up 20min for us — 30min max. Even if we were club cool people maybe that’s an hour? If Epcot is half-day with future world construction, it would have been before it, too.

Ok! But what’s that... 30min from an Epcot visit? That was my only point — not that much of actual use is going away. And I can’t wait for what is replacing it!

I don't understand what you mean by 30 mins from an Epcot visit. You asked if people spent extended time there I was confirming there were people. While the location wasn't obvious important to you it will be missed by others.

That said I am very excited for what is to come for Epcot. But in the mean time this space will be missed for however long it takes to make those changes which could be years.

I don't understand what you mean by 30 mins from an Epcot visit. You asked if people spent extended time there I was confirming there were people. While the location wasn't obvious important to you it will be missed by others.

That said I am very excited for what is to come for Epcot. But in the mean time this space will be missed for however long it takes to make those changes which could be years.
I thought my point was clear... how much time did people really spend at club cool and staring at a fountain? Maybe if that totals 4hrs I can see how Epcot would no longer be a two-day Park. Otherwise it’s rounding error.

In any case, no need to belabor the point more than I have — onto other topics! 😃

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter