News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, this doesn’t excite me. What makes the Mickey bars special is that you can only get them at Disney Parks. I know that I can just not buy them in the store. But if they are readily available whenever, why would I buy them (at an exorbitant price) in the park?
As long as it's a limited time thing just for Mickey's 90th, I don't mind. But you are right. The exclusivity of just being able to get them in the Parks is a huge draw.

Hmmm. I already have a ressie there for our last night on the trip.......IF it were just the wife and I, I might be inclined to book this but I am the big drinker of our group and 5 adults and one kid seems pretty pricey if the others aren't heavy drinkers. But, I wonder if not getting this will mean I will be seated inside??? Tough decision.

Hmmm. I already have a ressie there for our last night on the trip.......IF it were just the wife and I, I might be inclined to book this but I am the big drinker of our group and 5 adults and one kid seems pretty pricey if the others aren't heavy drinkers. But, I wonder if not getting this will mean I will be seated inside??? Tough decision.
Probably a safe bet that you are more likely to be seated inside.

I've been looking for just such a thing. Didn't want to do the Frozen one. Thought about renting a boat which like $380. Only 3 people in our party, wife, my son and myself. Son will be 10 at the time of the trip.
Wife will have a drink. I would have a few. I don't think my son will eat enough of what's there.

Probably a safe bet that you are more likely to be seated inside.

yeah, I have ate there over 20 times and always have been out on the deck. Probably safe to assume that the last time I go I will be in the smelly corner by bathrroom. pirate: The price fixe menu scares me a little too. Picky eaters in my clan. As long as they have the Pub Burger as a fallback, we would be ok even though I hate to pay $85 for a burger meal....

ARGH! This is sooo annoying! I specifically booked Rose and Crown during Illuminations to be able to see from the seated area. The package doesn't make financial sense at all, since I have TiW. Also, the food I would probably order isn't on the Prix Fixe menu!
Its definitely about capitalizing on the people who want to see Illuminations one last time.

ARGH! This is sooo annoying! I specifically booked Rose and Crown during Illuminations to be able to see from the seated area. The package doesn't make financial sense at all, since I have TiW. Also, the food I would probably order isn't on the Prix Fixe menu!
I'm wondering what they will do if the night we had ressies is already mostly full? Would we get emails cancelling so they could fill up the outside with this offer? I'm right at 100 days out and have had ressies since late last fall ...

yeah, I have ate there over 20 times and always have been out on the deck. Probably safe to assume that the last time I go I will be in the smelly corner by bathrroom. pirate: The price fixe menu scares me a little too. Picky eaters in my clan. As long as they have the Pub Burger as a fallback, we would be ok even though I hate to pay $85 for a burger meal....

I would do it, but my picky 12 year old son wouldn't eat anything from the adult or kids menu.

I'm wondering what they will do if the night we had ressies is already mostly full? Would we get emails cancelling so they could fill up the outside with this offer? I'm right at 100 days out and have had ressies since late last fall ...

I don't think they will cancel existing dining reservations, but they probably will seat you inside. I think the only reason they would cancel ADRs is for a closure or unexpected repairs. There is a chance that it could be overbooked and you would have a longer wait to be seated, but there's no guarantee of that.

I would do it, but my picky 12 year old son wouldn't eat anything from the adult or kids menu.

I don't think they will cancel existing dining reservations, but they probably will seat you inside. I think the only reason they would cancel ADRs is for a closure or unexpected repairs. There is a chance that it could be overbooked and you would have a longer wait to be seated, but there's no guarantee of that.

Well, I just checked my date and there is no availability and this offer hasn't even come out yet....Wonder if it is basically for closer to fall (and the last showings of Illuminations) but have included any dates that have open seating.... Either that or they just sat aside all available times...

I can understand why the refurb needs to happen but it still sucks for anyone who planned a trip during this time, especially all the once-in-a-lifetime-ers. No magic of seeing the castle for the first time!
My very first Disney trip was to DLR while they were bedazzling the castle for the 60th, so they had the tarps up with the sketch of the castle... I was soooo disappointed! I ended up going to DLP later that year so I feel like that is my magical first castle :laughing:

Well, I just checked my date and there is no availability and this offer hasn't even come out yet....Wonder if it is basically for closer to fall (and the last showings of Illuminations) but have included any dates that have open seating.... Either that or they just sat aside all available times...

They may have set aside some spots ahead of time or when they figured out they were doing this. I'm sure you will have a nice dinner anyway. There are lots of good places to view Illuminations.

They may have set aside some spots ahead of time or when they figured out they were doing this. I'm sure you will have a nice dinner anyway. There are lots of good places to view Illuminations.

Yeah. lots of people have commented that they have a place for those who are eating inside to go out and watch. Figure this late that is what we will do. I do spend a lot of money on food so it is not out of the realm that I change it once full details come out. Already hitting Ohanna, Boathouse, Cali Grill, and Yachtsman so $150 more than I had planned for that dinner wouldn't be ruled out.

Oh my poor knees. I would be very tempted to do a SW race! What's the absolute maximum time needed to still qualify?

Makes me think there will be no dinner seating availability at R&C anymore without this package.

I've been looking for just such a thing. Didn't want to do the Frozen one. Thought about renting a boat which like $380. Only 3 people in our party, wife, my son and myself. Son will be 10 at the time of the trip.
Wife will have a drink. I would have a few. I don't think my son will eat enough of what's there.
There is a thread on the boards about sharing Illuminations cruises. We did this with 7 other people from these boards back in 2012 I think. Bummer for us it rained and our boat stayed parked under one of the bridges....so we really didnt see Illuminations very well at all :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter