• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

News

Harrison Ford will be on hand tomorrow for SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy launch. The rocket is named after the Millennium Falcon.
This is such an exciting and groundbreaking launch I can't wait to watch it. I wish I was at Jetty Park to watch the attempt. Musk says 50/50 it doesn't explode just off the pad and while I think he is managing expectations with that thought, I'll be shocked if it breaks atmosphere let alone lands any of the boosters. The ambition to loft a heavy rocket this size, and land all 3 boosters, is staggering.

News

Harrison Ford will be on hand tomorrow for SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy launch. The rocket is named after the Millennium Falcon.
For those in the parks when the launch occurs you should be able to see it if you have a clear view to the east. Not sure where east is? Remember that the MK and Epcot are oriented north/south. Main Street in the MK runs directly north from the train station to the castle. In Epcot, Space Ship Earth is north and American Adventure is South. Drawing a blank on the other parks right now...

For those in the parks when the launch occurs you should be able to see it if you have a clear view to the east. Not sure where east is? Remember that the MK and Epcot are oriented north/south. Main Street in the MK runs directly north from the train station to the castle. In Epcot, Space Ship Earth is north and American Adventure is South. Drawing a blank on the other parks right now...

In DHS, Sunset Bvld runs pretty much north/south - the way in/facing the Chinese Theater is South West. If you are facing Min and Bill's that would be facing east. If in the central plaza and facing towards echo lake that would be roughly east

For AK, it's a lot harder as nothing is really straight. The main path in facing the Tree of Life is almost due north, a little bit to the west of due north. Everest is on the far east, so if you are on the bridge from Discovery Island into Asia and looking out at Everest that would be pretty much due East

News

New Annual Passholder Shirts Now Available at Walt Disney World

Neat idea but I think the colors are way off. And it seems a little lazy to me.

I don't quite get the back - some of the words start with the respective letter and some do not. I think it is the font of each letter in Passholder matches the font used in that attraciton/park, but seems odd/lazy for some of them to have a letter that matches (like 'P' for "Pirates of the Caribbean") but then not others

I really like the concept but not the best execution

I don't quite get the back - some of the words start with the respective letter and some do not. I think it is the font of each letter in Passholder matches the font used in that attraciton/park, but seems odd/lazy for some of them to have a letter that matches (like 'P' for "Pirates of the Caribbean") but then not others

My initial thoughts exactly! Like hmm.. if only we could think of something that starts with L... like Liberty Tree Tavern or Living with the Land... oh I've got it, TOM SAWYER ISLAND.

My initial thoughts exactly! Like hmm.. if only we could think of something that starts with L... like Liberty Tree Tavern or Living with the Land... oh I've got it, TOM SAWYER ISLAND.

I believe it's the font inspiration, not necessarily the first letter. Took me a second but I figured it out after seeing the styling of the letter next to each thing. Seems a little too high concept, clearly people will be more put off/confused than inspired.

I believe it's the font inspiration, not necessarily the first letter. Took me a second but I figured it out after seeing the styling of the letter next to each thing. Seems a little too high concept, clearly people will be more put off/confused than inspired.
Yeah, I think it would have made more sense for either all of them to start with the letter or none, it's the mix of the two that's weird.

yeah, I noticed the font (and I love that aspect as I think font art is really cool and important to theme, etc.) - but if that is what you are going for then you shouldn't have any any of the references start with the same letter - especially not the first one which then sets the tone/expectation for the rest of them

yeah, I noticed the font (and I love that aspect as I think font art is really cool and important to theme, etc.) - but if that is what you are going for then you shouldn't have any any of the references start with the same letter - especially not the first one which then sets the tone/expectation for the rest of them

I think it's something a little too hard to do on a t-shirt. But I guess props to them for trying something interesting.

Just a quick question about the Epcot hotel idea that may have had permits filed for wetlands work. Is the rumor that this hotel would provide access to the monorail at the front of the park? Or is it way too early to know those details yet? Thanks.

Just a quick question about the Epcot hotel idea that may have had permits filed for wetlands work. Is the rumor that this hotel would provide access to the monorail at the front of the park? Or is it way too early to know those details yet? Thanks.

If I were to guess, I would say yeah. It would be another key selling point for the hotel to be on the monorail loop and they could charge more money just for that.

I am sure @rteetz can speak to it better but there were rumors of 4 potential locations for this Hotel and I think this latest permit still leaves a couple of them in play. If the location at the entrance to the park is chosen then I believe the expectation is that the monorail station would be come part of/attached to the hotel (obviously they would need a way for non-hotel guest to use it as well to get to/from the TTC but my guess is hotel guests would have sort of a "fast pass" like access to the ramp and/or dedicated cars or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter