News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't surprise me. The price point is high - you are required to pay for your ENTIRE stay, and while some DVC members are rich, many are not. My guess is opening it to all DVC members still might not get them there.
You can pick and choose dates and people (instead of everyone the entire stay) as of October 10. That's still a hard no for us, but maybe some others will bite. Doubt it, but maybe.

I know how you feel. This is Pappy P's husband she wrote you about my loss of my '09 Torred 6 speed RT Classic with performance exhaust. I was depressed, sad and couldn't smile for anything. I was at the edge of my seat too at the time, waiting for the insurance company to verify if the car was fixable or not. When I got the call that the car was dead, I had a lump in my throat and felt like someone punched me in the stomach. I didn't know what to do, I couldn't think of any other car I wanted to drive. I just picked up a '15 last week, not the same as the 09, but I'm warming up to it quickly.
Best of luck to you

I liked your post, but it was a like in solidarity. Looks like Farmer's is calling him totaled, so I called my insurance to challenge it but it doesn't look good. So great.

I suppose back to Disney posts.

Wow! Did not realize that smell had such a strong positive reaction for so many people...I redact my request. I myself find it to be too overpowering when I go by, but I can just endure.

You're not alone. I can't stand the smell. It's not bad enough to keep me from riding...but I would be gleeful if it went away.

On a side note, if anyone wants to drink the "Rome is Burning" smell, I think this tea smells exactly like the scene. While that's a huge negative for me, other people may feel differently.

lapsang-souchong-harney-tea.jpg

I got mine at my local upscale grocer. But, like almost everything, it's also available on Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/Harney-Son...d=1539385590&sr=8-4&keywords=lapsang+souchong

This would be great if we could KNOW it's going to be an annual occurrence, or if they would announce it earlier. 5 nights at a moderate, 4 days of hoppers, special access to Toy Story AND Pandora for $875 a person is a steal. But we already have our trip booked the week before.
It seems odd that they chose this particular week. Crowd level predictions are higher for that week than they are for weeks prior. Also, many schools in our area get out of school for the holidays on 12/14 and I know several families that already have trips booked that week. I would think that the week after Thanksgiving or the next week would have been better if they are trying to fill rooms and increase attendance. Although, I know pop warner is normally scheduled for the first half of December.

It seems odd that they chose this particular week. Crowd level predictions are higher for that week than they are for weeks prior. Also, many schools in our area get out of school for the holidays on 12/14 and I know several families that already have trips booked that week. I would think that the week after Thanksgiving or the next week would have been better if they are trying to fill rooms and increase attendance. Although, I know pop warner is normally scheduled for the first half of December.

It was the same way last year I believe. I remember thinking it was odd then as well. My thought with it being so last minute, is that it’s targetting people who will be off that week that wouldn’t be the weeke before.

You're not alone. I can't stand the smell. It's not bad enough to keep me from riding...but I would be gleeful if it went away.

On a side note, if anyone wants to drink the "Rome is Burning" smell, I think this tea smells exactly like the scene. While that's a huge negative for me, other people may feel differently.

lapsang-souchong-harney-tea.jpg

I got mine at my local upscale grocer. But, like almost everything, it's also available on Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/Harney-Son...d=1539385590&sr=8-4&keywords=lapsang+souchong

I've never connected the two, but it's been a while since I've tried a lapsang, and I've never had Harney's.

It's a smoked tea so that makes sense. It's, uh, not my cup of tea.

Right, because if I'm staying at OKW or BCV I'm really going to pay for and make the trip to Reunion Station for a few overpriced mediocre snacks.
Desperation.

I dont think that's it, I think they previously only allowed owners at WL use it, if you were a non-owner staying on your points from say SSR then you couldn't book it. I could be wrong on that, in which case you are 100% correct.

I dont think that's it, I think they previously only allowed owners at WL use it, if you were a non-owner staying on your points from say SSR then you couldn't book it. I could be wrong on that, in which case you are 100% correct.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ney-vacation-club-members-at-reunion-station/
The way I read this any DVC member eligible for "perks" can book this regardless of where they are staying. It also seems they now have the option of choose your days and party size. I could be wrong, I often am.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ney-vacation-club-members-at-reunion-station/
The way I read this any DVC member eligible for "perks" can book this regardless of where they are staying. It also seems they now have the option of choose your days and party size. I could be wrong, I often am.

OK - I did understand that now anyone could book, but I thought it used to be that you had to be staying there AND own there. As I said, I might be wrong about that one. Either way, I do agree that it would be extremely unlikely that you would travel from your resort to spend the day at WL paying $50 a day. A few people might do it, but it would be extremely rare. As I said, this is pretty clearly a response to the fact they aren't getting enough people signing up.

Some photos of lookin inside Universe of Energy in current state:

@WDWNT: A reader sent us pics of the Universe of Energy at night, fully illuminated from the inside. It’s pretty much just a big warehouse at the moment. Rumor has it that it was a little rougher than Disney thought and it actually would have been cheaper to bulldoze and erect a new one. https://twitter.com/WDWNT/status/1051448624629059584/photo/1

upload_2018-10-14_8-37-27.jpeg

upload_2018-10-14_8-38-13.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter