• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this was mentioned on here but a Disney Facebook page I visit says the new monorails may have augmented reality windows.

Boo ... it would be cool if it was like the Hogwarts Express.

News

Frozen: The Broadway Musical has announced their North American Tour beginning Fall 2019!

If you would like to sign-up to get alerts for when Frozen comes to a city near you, visit:
https://frozenthemusical.com/tour

This is insanely early for a Broadway Musical to announce their North American Tour shortly after opening.
I'm listening to the soundtrack right this minute and about to sign up for alerts. I need to see this show!

I'm listening to the soundtrack right this minute and about to sign up for alerts. I need to see this show!
I’ve listened to the soundtrack a couple times as well. Part of me likes the original songs for the show more than the songs from the movie. The ballads are especially wonderful in this show...I’ll probably see it, but I wouldn’t be surprised if tickets are as expensive as Hamilton.

but I wouldn’t be surprised if tickets are as expensive as Hamilton.

While I am probably a bigger Frozen fan versus Hamilton, I just can't see the same price for the tour. I don't see as much hype about Frozen as with Hamilton. I do agree that Frozen will be popular and will most likely play for several weeks in each touring city. I am not going to comment how much my Hamilton tickets are for the tour in November. But I just can't see Frozen being that expensive. My Hamilton tickets are more than twice the cost of any other show that is part of my season ticket package for 2018-2019.

I’ve listened to the soundtrack a couple times as well. Part of me likes the original songs for the show more than the songs from the movie. The ballads are especially wonderful in this show...I’ll probably see it, but I wouldn’t be surprised if tickets are as expensive as Hamilton.

That's my challenge - I'd love to see it on Braodway and could have gotten tickets, but then saw what the total was for my family of 5 to see it and just couldn't justify $1,200+ for not so great seats

While I am probably a bigger Frozen fan versus Hamilton, I just can't see the same price for the tour. I don't see as much hype about Frozen as with Hamilton. I do agree that Frozen will be popular and will most likely play for several weeks in each touring city. I am not going to comment how much my Hamilton tickets are for the tour in November. But I just can't see Frozen being that expensive. My Hamilton tickets are more than twice the cost of any other show that is part of my season ticket package for 2018-2019.
It’s worth every penny and there no way frozen is gonna be nearly as expensive as Hamilton tickets were and even still are in some places.

I know I won’t see Hamilton. It just doesn’t interest me. I think Frozen will definitely be the most expensive Disney Theateical Touring production out there currently. I just think it’s going to be the hot ticket whichever city it goes to. The Lion King just started in my area and each performance is pretty much down to single seats. I think that’s just what happens when you have the name “Disney” attached to anything.

That's my challenge - I'd love to see it on Braodway and could have gotten tickets, but then saw what the total was for my family of 5 to see it and just couldn't justify $1,200+ for not so great seats
Historically, national tours have always been less expensive than Broadway. I just don’t know how much tickets for the tour will cost yet, but I don’t know if trying to go to a tour production will be much cheaper for this show.

Without getting into spoilers - I wonder if this is to avoid the consequences of Infinity War. (AOS has always sort of skirted around the MCU.)

That was my thought too. They can "suffer" the effects of Infinity War onscreen without having any real world impact.

skirted around but obviously the big things (like the battle of New York) applied so one would think at least the end of Infinity War/what happens in Avengers 4 would at least apply to AOS

I'm thinking he was talking about needing to incorporate what happened at the end of Infinity War and include the AOS characters in the consequences of the end of Infinity War if they release a new AOS season before Avengers 4. I think they are in a similar timeline as Infinity War right now because they made a reference to it in last week's episode. I can't remember exactly what the reference was, but it was definitely something that made me think they were talking about what was happening in NY during Infinity War. They will need all of that to be resolved before the next season or
some of the AOS would have had to turn to dust

News

Jason Kirk will be the new Magic Kingdom Vice President after Dan Cockerell's retirement.

What a cheesy give away-- 4 nights in a 2 bedroom with passes for up to 8 people-- but if the winner doesn't live more than 250 miles away they won't include air fare....
What a cheesy give away--- 4 nights at Copper Creek in a 2 bedroom for up to 8 people plus passes---- but if the winner lives less than 250 miles away you don't get air fare..... cuz that's the only part that costs them money..... what if I want to invite people from up north?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter