News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: I did the entry - you have to watch 5 videos for 5 entries, but each one is pretty short. Unfortunately they all advertise the same thing.

I read above that Canada couldn't enter... or just not win?

It seems that after the 5 you can just keep watching to enter again, but not really sure... there must be some good subliminal advertising in that video for them to want everyone pounding it in......

Frozen might not be as popular as Hamilton, but it is a lot more popular right now among Disney fans. I just haven't seen this much excitement surrounding a Disney Broadway Musical in a long time (Lion King), so I just figured I would compare it to Hamilton.

Right now, front row for Frozen on Broadway is more than $350. I agree it's not as high as $625, but not sure what price point you were thinking of with "I can get tickets now for Frozen front row on Broadway for far less."
I just grabbed a random date on Ticketmaster:

frozen.jpeg

The equivalent seats for Hamilton in NYC, same night (for a show that opened 3yrs ago):

hamiton.jpeg

Touring cast in DC on the closest date to the above -- one available seat, $625. I'm not even looking at resellers here.
dc.jpeg

Hamilton in DC, resellers via Ticketmaster:
DC resellers.jpeg

If price is a proxy for demand, these aren't close. The day ticket sales opened in DC, some people stayed in an online queue for 8+ hours to get tickets.

Frozen's audience is going to skew a lot younger. Many people aren't willing to buy tickets at these prices at all, let alone for their young kids.

Last edited:
Actually you are reading my post wrong.

Even though I accidentally wrote it twice, it was right both times.....

OK - you are right, I read it wrong. But then why is it cheesy to them to fly 8 people to Disney World if they live 250 miles away. That's a 4-hour drive....you expect Disney to pay $2000 or more to ferry people a short drive? Especially in today's age, if you live 250 miles away it's significantly faster to drive.

You have to use email to enter, and they pretty much have my address (and everyone else's who has a disney account's address ).... and I don't really know who would be coming... and I think I just wanted to complain....

But really, 4 nights at a dvc room costs nothing-- maybe MF of 1000? but in breakage nothing...And they give out some free passes. I bet they restrict time of year also.

Yeah - you really are complaining Dave! It's a 2-bedroom unit for 4 nights, and while it is slightly restricted (no HIGH season), that still could be as much as 206 points for 4 nights - Figure average DVC owner pays $6.50 / point in MF - $1339 value to a DVC owner, more to a non-owner. Plus 8 3-day hopper passes. Plus flights if more than 250 miles away. Plus - if you read the details - a check for $7,100 to offset the tax implications. The value listed is $18,000. Now sure, it doesn't cost Disney that much, but really you think that's a lousy prize? As others pointed out, usually these things they max out for 4 people - so to do 8 people is pretty awesome.

I read above that Canada couldn't enter... or just not win?

It seems that after the 5 you can just keep watching to enter again, but not really sure... there must be some good subliminal advertising in that video for them to want everyone pounding it in......

Candians can't enter. And from what I can tell, you can't enter more than 5 times at the same e-mail/street address. And especially if you are already a DVC member, they ask for your member ID. I didn't try to see if I can enter a second time with my second DVC account. Maybe I will.

Frozen's audience is going to skew a lot younger. Many people aren't willing to buy tickets at these prices at all, let alone for their young kids.

Actually, when we saw it last week, I heard a few people make the comment "I thought there would be a lot more kids".

On CNBC 21st Century Fox says "Lachlan Murdoch will be chairman & CEO of "New Fox" after company sells majority of its assets to The Walt Disney Company"

So Disney has outbid Comcast?

I found this odd being on CNBC that there is no mention of Comcast still in the bidding.

On CNBC 21st Century Fox says "Lachlan Murdoch will be chairman & CEO of "New Fox" after company sells majority of its assets to The Walt Disney Company"

I found this odd being on CNBC that there is no mention of Comcast still in the bidding.
Disney didn’t out bid Comcast. Fox and Disney already announced the merger. Comcast is trying to come in the middle of it but it seems that the merger is moving forward despite that. Fox would have to pay Disney a fee of somewhere between $1-2B to break the merger deal.

I don’t believe Comcast has formally placed a bid yet. Comcast has been watching the ATT and Time Warner deal.

Actually, when we saw it last week, I heard a few people make the comment "I thought there would be a lot more kids".
Right... but there weren't more kids... and the younger set make up a big portion of Frozen's fans, I would think... :)

News

Frozen: The Broadway Musical has announced their North American Tour beginning Fall 2019!

If you would like to sign-up to get alerts for when Frozen comes to a city near you, visit:
https://frozenthemusical.com/tour

This is insanely early for a Broadway Musical to announce their North American Tour shortly after opening.

Meh...have absolutely no interest in this...

Now a Tangled Broadway musical might.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter