New Thread - What have you seen on the EA?

Lynn said:
HI -

There will be five (adults) of us arriving this Sat night! :cool1: Have reserved an intermediate on EA. Probably be at the car rental around 7ish. Any sense of how many cars might be around on a Saturday night? Also, if the emerald aisle intermediates are just too small - can you pay to upgrade to a bigger car? Two of our traveling companions are notorious overpackers :) and I am concerned about the amount of luggage. Thanks!

Just my opinion, but I think it might cost you a bundle to upgrade. It wouldn't be an advanced reservation. Would they allow you to apply codes/coupons?

We debated about using EA, vs. ER too, for the same reasons. I am the notorius overpacker in my family. We decided to go for the intermediate, and hope for the best. It would only be for the trip to the resort. The rest of the week, we will not have luggage. I can sit in the back with the kids, and put the smaller bags in the front seat if need be. :earseek:

Lynn said:
HI -

There will be five (adults) of us arriving this Sat night! :cool1: Have reserved an intermediate on EA. Probably be at the car rental around 7ish. Any sense of how many cars might be around on a Saturday night? Also, if the emerald aisle intermediates are just too small - can you pay to upgrade to a bigger car? Two of our traveling companions are notorious overpackers :) and I am concerned about the amount of luggage. Thanks!

We tried to load up a Dodge Stratus and could not fit 4 suit cases in the trunk. We would have had to put one in between our kids, but the attendant dropped an Impala on the EA and we switched to that.

HERE IS MY QUESTION.
Is there a no show fee if you don't show to pick up your car? Theoretically, could someone reserve a full size and an intermediate and then make the decision when they get there? If the EA has a great selection, could you just no show for the full size, or will you be charged? Just curious.

Duds

Dudspizza,
How many suitcases do you think would fit in an intermediate? We will have one large and one medium suitcase, plus a small umbrella stroller. Will that fit?

HERE IS MY QUESTION.
Is there a no show fee if you don't show to pick up your car? Theoretically, could someone reserve a full size and an intermediate and then make the decision when they get there? If the EA has a great selection, could you just no show for the full size, or will you be charged? Just curious.

Duds[/QUOTE]

Someone over at FlyerTalk posted that same question a while back and the poster that answered, said he worked for National, and yes they are now charging for no show rentals, I believe he said it was $50.
:earsgirl: :earsboy:

Nik's Mom said:
Dudspizza,
How many suitcases do you think would fit in an intermediate? We will have one large and one medium suitcase, plus a small umbrella stroller. Will that fit?

Those will fit no problem. We got 2 large and 1 medium suitcase, plus two carry ons in the Stratus and couldn't fit 1 more medium in the trunk.

Duds

Arrived 3/2 (Wednesday), about 4:00pm. There were 2 or 3 Aztecs, the rest mostly Chevy Classics. We had a full size ER reservation but the only vehicle on full size was a Chrysler Convertible. We found an attendent since we needed luggage room for 4 people, he said we could take one of the Aztecs on the EA.

I'm a little late posting the info, but here goes. Arrived 2/15 at 7:45 p.m. A side. There was not one car on the EA. I asked at the booth, because there wasn't another National employee to be found, and was told to take whatever we wanted from the Executive Aisle. We immediately jumped in a Chevy Trailblazer. Great vehicle for the price ($150/wk).

GrumpyLuver said:
I'm a little late posting the info, but here goes. Arrived 2/15 at 7:45 p.m. A side. There was not one car on the EA. I asked at the booth, because there wasn't another National employee to be found, and was told to take whatever we wanted from the Executive Aisle. We immediately jumped in a Chevy Trailblazer. Great vehicle for the price ($150/wk).

I would love that. I have been trying to get my DH, to look at the trailblazers. I would be like a week long test drive. :flower:

I'm really liking the thought of the EA. At $118, for my 8 days, and the chance of an upgrade, once we are there, its kind of fun. :p Doesn't take a lot to amuse me, obviously :blush:

Hi - Just wanted to report that we were able to get a minivan on the Emerald Aisle on a recent Sat night. There were two minivans, lots of full size and intermediates (sorry I don't know the make), and a couple of PT Cruisers to choose from. Terminal A. I was a bit worried as we were a large group with a lot :earboy2: of luggage and I was concerned that on a Sat night, we would have slim pickings on EA. But it all worked out :)

Interesting note: When I checked out the checkout person said "this is a minivan" and I said "yes, it was on the emerald aisle". After a few moments of looking confused - she asked, "are they putting minivans on the aisle?". I said "yes", and then she processed the reservation. It appeared to me that the checkout person did not know what was or was not on the aisle. . . .

we once found a premium car on the emerald aisle, but the check out booth made us put it back, said it had been misparked....she said she could tell since the "tag" on the windshield is pre coded as to where the vehicle is to go

maybe that is why the booth person was confused....

so it is luck of the draw as far as EA goes, they are only suppost to be putting intermediates cars there under the new "club"

Mady/Sophiemom said:
I would love that. I have been trying to get my DH, to look at the trailblazers. I would be like a week long test drive.

We just returned a Trailblazer (EA) and it took $40. to fill it up, must have a large tank. It was a great ride though and at $101. for the weekly rental, I'm not complaining.
:earsgirl: :earsboy:

We rented EA on March 1: Got in about 11pm est. and plenty of choices (if you like big cars). We wanted an suv type. That's what I am used to driving. But I wanted a shade / trunk cover too. (for shopping, bags cover etc...). They had 3 aztec's, 1 jeep liberty, 1 blazer. None with a shade. :confused3 So kept looking and the Lacrosse's where all over the place. Otherwise we could take: a 2 door sebring's. We tried that 2 door thing last year (lot's of luggage, does not work well), So no thanks. So we took the silver PT cruiser with 200 miles on it. I wasn't really trying for this but with just 2 of us the luggage worked with the back seat and it does have a shelf, cover to the trunk area.

PT cruiser, at 1st was fun to drive. And if we had for a couple of days, would of been ok, BUT I found the steering to be very grooling. Did not seem to be power steering? Dad said Maybe it needed fluid? Cause turning it took 2 hands, and I don't need to work on my upper body = arms at the gym for a while. :rolleyes: Also the head rest to all the 4 chairs, kept popping up and obstucting, window view for blind spots, I think it was haunted. Otherwise, We found, finding the power window's button (a scaverger hunt) and the mirror's for the outside, control's hard to find too. They really moved stuff around on this car. Check it out BEFORE leaving the parking lot. pulling up the toll plaza is NO time to try to find the window control. :rotfl: BUT it was easy to spot in the parking lot. And not to bad on gas.

March 19: They had us return at the Alamo area so did not see the EA area, sorry.

So 19 days for a total of $318.00 EA not a bad deal at all. We were VERY happy. MKY = loyal national customer for years. :earsgirl: And earned 4 credits for this rental. (yeah)! :banana:

MKY princess:

mkymouse4ever said:
We rented EA on March 1: Got in about 11pm est. and plenty of choices (if you like big cars). We wanted an suv type. That's what I am used to driving. But I wanted a shade / trunk cover too. (for shopping, bags cover etc...). They had 3 aztec's, 1 jeep liberty, 1 blazer. None with a shade. :confused3 So kept looking and the Lacrosse's where all over the place. Otherwise we could take: a 2 door sebring's. We tried that 2 door thing last year (lot's of luggage, does not work well), So no thanks. So we took the silver PT cruiser with 200 miles on it. I wasn't really trying for this but with just 2 of us the luggage worked with the back seat and it does have a shelf, cover to the trunk area.

Thanks for the report. Did you notice what they had on the full size row? Were there any Lacrosse's?

lawgs said:
we once found a premium car on the emerald aisle, but the check out booth made us put it back, said it had been misparked....she said she could tell since the "tag" on the windshield is pre coded as to where the vehicle is to go

maybe that is why the booth person was confused....

so it is luck of the draw as far as EA goes, they are only suppost to be putting intermediates cars there under the new "club"

I haven't been reading too much on this board lately, but have they changed EA? I thought that even though we booked intermediate we could choose whatever they had on the EA. But have they changed it so that now there will only be intermediates to choose from? (Not that it's really a problem, intermediate will do fine, but we were kind of excited at the chance for a good upgrade).

You can choose whatever is parked on the EA. My group got an Aztec 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately in lawgs case, the mirror tag did not indicate EA, it was parked in the wrong row so it's a good idea to check the tag before you start loading. You are not guaranteed anything more than an intermediate, lately it's been mostly intermediates but you may luck out.

We only payed attention to EA, and there were alot of 'lacrosse's there. They looked really big, for a full size car.

Mky princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter