New snacks on Dining Plan

Oh I forgot about these, yum!

pdarrah said:
Does anyone know if the nuts from the carts (they are coated with cinimmon or something) are included? I think there is a cart in Adventure Land - near Pirates and I know there is one at Epcot just after you cross over to world showcase. DH loves those.

pdarrah

my4kids said:
Don't get that excited....I think they have reached a ridiculous level of fame here on the boards....if I had one with out reading the build up, I would said it was good...but I wouldn't have written love letters about them on the boards....I went with HUGE expectations after reading about them, and I was dissappointed (they were still good mind you, I will probably even get one again...but not anywhere near what you read about here) They are no different than an Orange Julious at you local DQ except pinapple flavor instead of orange....the other thing is they must have 50000000000g of trans fat. I think the reason they get such build up here is because people associate them with childhood memories of Disney....I dunno, I just didn't get it. Gimmee my Baltimore shaved ice snowball with egg custard flavor and marshmallow cream on top anyday over a Dolewhip. (That is what I hook my childhood memories to)

I am coming to baltimore to taste that shaved ice.. sounds YUMMY!

However I disagree. I HATE orange julius.. ugh. Tastes awful and the texture is gross. I never had a dole whip as a child.. first time in 2000 and I"m HOOKED. In fact I can't even put the taste into words. I've always been a HUGE pineapple juice fan though.. the combo of the icey pineapple ice cream in the juice for a dole whip float is beyond words... if I"d tasted it after reading the hype I'd have been still blown away:)

Hmm. I am looking forward to hearing what the places in Epcot are doing. The pastries at the Tangierine Cafe are lovely, but if you order a meal from them they MAKE you have baklava for dessert. I can not stand baklava. The Epcot restaurants like to make their own rules, so we'll see how this pans out.

On the other hand, MAYBE this will eliminate fights like the one DH and I had in MK last time. I was getting an ice cream sandwich from the snack cart near the raft to Tom Sawyer island. DH wanted the frozen lemonade from the next cart, but it wasn't a "snack". This led to a huge fight about WHY Dh didn't bother to read the darn DDP brochure, WHY I am responsible for telling him things he could easily find out with a minimal amount of effort, and WHY won't he just pay CASH for the stupid lemonade and get on with it? :rolleyes: Not our best moment. But all of the ladies in the line behind me were very supportive, saying how their DHs are all the same way. That was after DH stomped off.

This is so terrific...only problem is now I think I will have to include in my itinerary where we are going for our snacks :goodvibes :teeth:

Wow, this gives us so many options - yummy! I am so hungry now! I also love the smoothies! :banana:

For the person who asked about the AK smoothie - I didn't find smoothies there, but I did get a frozen lemonade with a big cup and spoon/straw with "Safari" Donald hanging on the side. We still have him and the spoonstraw.

I got it at a kiosk when we were watching the parade - I remember, specifically, that they also sold beer there.

:teeth: :wizard: :rolleyes: :Pinkbounc :rotfl2: :cool1: :banana: :cool1:

Can someone please clue me in to what figaro fries are?????????
I asked back on page 7 or so but was ignored... thanks :rolleyes1

Great, thanks lynninpa. As for the Figaro Fries, that sound's like a meal unto itself. I told my friend about the new snack additions, we are soooo excited for our trips in Oct. and Nov. I'm glad I have access to the GF health club, I'm gonna need it.

Wow, with so many new snack options to choose from, that may spoil our appetite for dinner. Oh, I just think maybe Disney wants us to fill up on all the yummy snacks, so we'll skip appetizer and/or dessert at the TS restaurants.

Whatever it is, thank you Disney for improving the snack choices.

[QUOTE
I never had a dole whip as a child.. first time in 2000 and I"m HOOKED. In fact I can't even put the taste into words. I've always been a HUGE pineapple juice fan though.. the combo of the icey pineapple ice cream in the juice for a dole whip float is beyond words... if I"d tasted it after reading the hype I'd have been still blown away:)[/QUOTE]

reading this made me think of what my DD just told me 2 weeks ago-- she said in school, the teacher was taking a poll on everyone's favorite flavor ice cream, and my DD said "pineapple" the teacher said "pineapple!? where do you get that? and my DD says "Disney World!"
LOL

Ohhhh...I'm so excited now! The last time I had the DP (in 2000) the snacking options were lame and we never used them. I was hoping Dole Whip would be on the menu this time so I could get my fiancee/hubby to try it.

:cool1:

Tho I'll happily stick with rice krispie treats (hard to get good ones in Oz)!

Ohhhh...I'm so excited now! The last time I had the DP (in 2000) the snacking options were lame and we never used them. I was hoping Dole Whip would be on the menu this time so I could get my fiancee/hubby to try it.

You wouln't try something you want to try unless it was free?
It would only be $2 or so.
I don't understand some people on these boards wanting something thats
only a few bucks and NOT getting it unless it's free.Remember if you want something get it and don't miss the chance because you have to pay for it. If you have the free dining plan even more of a reason to just buy it.

ohhh....just had a thought about the Turkey Legs in Frontierland *yummmmmy* I can't remember how much they are but wonder if they are included as a new snack option.

Turkey legs...the snack that eats like a meal!!! :) (Kinda like chili fries actually )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter