New Help W/New Video Camera Purchase

2kidsnutsfordisney

Mouseketeer
I posted this on the budget board and I am getting absolutely no response so I hope that someone here can help! We need to purchase a new video camera and I am looking for suggestions. We like the new compact cameras but I really do not know the pro's/con's of a camera that uses mini cassettes vs. dvd's. Also, is one brand superior over another? We are not looking for something professional we mostly just videotape the kids around the house or their activities i.e. soccer, dance, etc. Also, what would be the "ideal" optical zoom and digital zoom that we should get? Presently we have a Hitachi that we have had for about 8 1/2 years and never had a single problem with it but it is large. Not sitting on your shoulder large but larger than the current models. We would like to keep the price around $500 or under. Is it possible to get a nice video camera at that price? I would be so grateful for any suggestions (even websites to check-out) that anyone might have!

Hi :wave2: . I am sorry but I just take stills. But if no one helps you, I can tell you how I would check it out. Go to www.epinions.com and do some research there. I have also gone to the public library and looked up a lot of stuff (from electronics to paint) in Consumer Report magazine. Also, if you have an idea of the model you want, you can go to BestBuy or CircuitCity websites and they will have consumer opinions on their products. We bought our HDTV with info gathered there.

Good luck! And Merry Christmas

2kidsnutsfordisney said:
I posted this on the budget board and I am getting absolutely no response so I hope that someone here can help! We need to purchase a new video camera and I am looking for suggestions. We like the new compact cameras but I really do not know the pro's/con's of a camera that uses mini cassettes vs. dvd's. Also, is one brand superior over another? We are not looking for something professional we mostly just videotape the kids around the house or their activities i.e. soccer, dance, etc. Also, what would be the "ideal" optical zoom and digital zoom that we should get? Presently we have a Hitachi that we have had for about 8 1/2 years and never had a single problem with it but it is large. Not sitting on your shoulder large but larger than the current models. We would like to keep the price around $500 or under. Is it possible to get a nice video camera at that price? I would be so grateful for any suggestions (even websites to check-out) that anyone might have!

I prefer the mini tape...you get a longer recording time than with a dvd,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter