NEW(?): Games for prizes! Guess the picture or solve a riddle!

penguin77 said:
first turn one light on and leave it on for a few minutes, then tunr it of. turn on another switch then go into the light room. the light that is on connects to the switch that is turned on. the light bulb that is hot connects to the first switch, and the cold bulb belongs to the third switch.

Bother, I was THIS close!

Okay here's the deal. Pokemon PM'ed me the answer a few minutes before Penguin posted. I told Pokemon that I only accept answers posted on the thread. So, I would say that Penguin wins. But since Pokemon DID get it first in the PM (however from now on, I will ONLY count posts....) I will give you both a prize. The prize will not be any great shakes, just a piece of non-rare furniture or something. But you will both get something :) I will try to set up a time to meet all winners over the weekend. I'm off to work! :( Good job both of you :)

~Mia~

OKay....here's another for you all to solve with your brains and not with google!

Miakoda, Pokemon_Master, and Nanoer were caught stealing by the King. They were thrown in the dungeon, but told that they could have once chance to go free.

The king had the 3 stand in a line, facing the same direction (see bad picture below).

The King placed a hat on each person's head. They could not see their own hat, just whoever was in front of them (in poor Mia's case, no one :(, in Nanoer's case, both of the others. got it so far? Good.) The king told them these things:
1. "Each hat is either black or white."
2. "At least one hat is black."
3. "At least one hat is white."
4. "You cannot turn around or speak out loud, just look ahead."
5. "If any ONE of you guesses the color of your own hat correctly and also tells me how you knew, you can all go free!"

Here is my rough drawing of the trio:

**No one spoke after a minute or so. Then, one person correctly guessed the color of his/her hat. Which person guessed, and how did they know?**

(P.S. This is just for fun, no prize. I'm running short! LOL) Winner gets glory of being smart. No one in my work training class (all intelligent adults, some college educated) has gotten it. this is a riddle intended for teaching middle school kids. So you can doo eet!!!!

As always, Good Luck!
~Mia~

OHH OHH OHH - I know the answer, but I will refrain from posting since I have already won once!

I don't know, but I can still guess even if i have won before due to no prize this time, right?

I think the one standing in front of moi had a mirror in front of them, so he could see his hat! lol.

I would like to mention that the only thing I have stolen is all the DISers hearts. :sunny:

pokemon_master said:
I don't know, but I can still guess even if i have won before due to no prize this time, right?

I think the one standing in front of moi had a mirror in front of them, so he could see his hat! lol.

I would like to mention that the only thing I have stolen is all the DISers hearts. :sunny:

Scratch that, I think I saw my hat in the person in front of me's eyes. lol

the reason is they are standing in a line naneur can see master whose hat is white master can see mias but mia does not see a hat

Here's my totally random guess: as it turns out, someone had a surgeon attatch a mirror to the back of their skull (I guess) then the person behind them saw their own hat. It obviously can't be nanoer because no one is behind him/her, so who had the mirror? I suggest eenie-meenie-miney-mo, but that's just me. Either that or one of them had a laptop and magic wi-fi-nes and looked on this board at the drawings and figured it out.

shadow pirate said:
Here's my totally random guess: as it turns out, someone had a surgeon attatch a mirror to the back of their skull (I guess) then the person behind them saw their own hat. It obviously can't be nanoer because no one is behind him/her, so who had the mirror? I suggest eenie-meenie-miney-mo, but that's just me.

Er.. it's not me that has the mirror in the back of my head. Mia?

The king dropped a hat before putting it on mia/my/nanoer's head so they knew! lol just a guess

pokemon_master said:
Er.. it's not me that has the mirror in the back of my head. Mia?
I added a new thoery to my post before. And just to ensure my lack of sanity, maybe one had telepathic abilities and read the kings mind.o_O

OOH I no! I used my psychic power to read nanoer's mind. It took time to charge my psychic power up! lol

shadow pirate said:
I added a new thoery to my post before. And just to ensure my lack of sanity, maybe one had telepathic abilities and read the kings mind.o_O

You read my mind! LOL

We don't know if it's right! Hold on, I'll use my psychic power to read Mia's mind.

Nope, she too far away for me to read her mind. :(

Pokemon_master pulled off a hair from his hat and looked at it and found it was white, that's how.

One of the three people can figure it out without using a mirror or pulling out a hair or anything else ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter