NEW Disney Gift Card Deals and More

Is there a direct flight that you could take? Airports suck so much time with getting there early and going through security. Our home airport does not fly direct so we’d fly out of JFK (about 2 hours away) which does have direct flights (about 13 hours). Think we’d do a car/limo service to get there and come back.

I’m getting my husband to broach talking to his boss about our Japan trip that I want to take next June. I ideally want to go for 3 weeks. I am a SAHM so no problems with time off. But he now has no set amount of vacation time (basically can take as much as he wants) but he still has to clear it with his boss. I don’t want to book tickets until I know everything is fine.

Absolutely there are direct flights from DTW to Japan but we really don't want to be on them. We can handle an 8 hour flight but that's about it. Remember my son has ADHD/ASD. The last thing we need is stress, jetlag and being totally uncomfortable.

We have no issues flying 8 hours, going to sleep at an airport hotel and flying out the next day to our final destination.
We're also doing 3 weeks.

I'm hoarding points for our 2026 Japan trip. I don't know if I'll be able to use them the way I envisioned, but I do plan on getting another CC for that trip - dear friend, old pal. Yes. I'll be reaching out to you ;)

Okay, so should I save my points for 2026? We're not taking a direct flight. We'll fly like to LAX, spend the night. Then the next day fly to Japan. I can hear @Liquidice teeth grinding!. Lol, honesty we cannot physically handle a direct flight, 8 hours on a plane is all we can take.

I'll look into Chase Travel for 2024 fall trip.

I definitely like the nonstop flight, was able to use miles for our trip, not sure how good of a deal I got, but it was 110,000 United Miles per person round trip from Washington DC to Tokyo.

It was less miles to transfer them (1:1) to United and purchase the tickets than to purchase them through the Chase portal even with the 50% bonus from the CSR.

If you consider 110k miles are worth around $1650 in Chase miles and around $1320 in United miles it was also a fair deal because the cash price for the same roundtrip tickets was over $2000 at least when I booked it.

I looked into using another international airline such as ANA but they wouldn't let me book an award flight (said it was sold out when I tried to book).

Welp, my second Disney gift card order through giftcards.com was "Rejected." No email from them as to why. The only reason I know is because I used PayPal to the $1.99 shipping fee and I got an email from PayPal that it was refunded.

ETA: They did not, however, refund the $100 giftcards.com card. Sooooo that's not good.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-02 at 8.31.39 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-02 at 8.31.39 PM.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 0
Welp, my second Disney gift card order through giftcards.com was "Rejected." No email from them as to why. The only reason I know is because I used PayPal to the $1.99 shipping fee and I got an email from PayPal that it was refunded.

ETA: They did not, however, refund the $100 giftcards.com card. Sooooo that's not good.
I had the exact same thing happen! I called and they said it was 5 or more business days for the gc refund. Since this happened on 2 out of 3 that I bought I asked for a refund of the original purchase to my credit card. Feels a bit scammy. I tried buying the third one for 98 dollars and it didn't immediately get rejected. They tried telling me it was a technical error but I don't believe it necessarily. Seems more like a way to get cash from us and hope we don't care when the gift card purchase fails?

Absolutely there are direct flights from DTW to Japan but we really don't want to be on them. We can handle an 8 hour flight but that's about it. Remember my son has ADHD/ASD. The last thing we need is stress, jetlag and being totally uncomfortable.

We have no issues flying 8 hours, going to sleep at an airport hotel and flying out the next day to our final destination.
We're also doing 3 weeks.
I’m a lurker here, but I travel to Asia a lot. We live in San Diego. May not work for you, but check SFO, as well, if you’re planning an overnight. There is a Grand Hyatt in the airport, and it is super easy - you can take your luggage via the airport rail transport on a cart, and it’s so much easier than LAX. Flights are often cheaper out of SFO, as well. Good luck!

I'm hoarding points for our 2026 Japan trip.

My dream redemption would be ANA to Japan in business class booked with Virgin points transferred from Chase--I can get myself to ORD or elsewhere from DTW. (Gave up on Delta for any reasonable redemptions years ago).Bit of a unicorn, and requires some creative searching/booking, but doable. Currently have nearly 200k points. Next best redemption is something luxe through Hyatt. But I did consider using them for a truly last minute trip to Houston to watch the Tigers beat the Astros!

(We now return you to your regularly scheduled bargain hunting.)

Last edited:
I’m a lurker here, but I travel to Asia a lot. We live in San Diego. May not work for you, but check SFO, as well, if you’re planning an overnight. There is a Grand Hyatt in the airport, and it is super easy - you can take your luggage via the airport rail transport on a cart, and it’s so much easier than LAX. Flights are often cheaper out of SFO, as well. Good luck!
Seconded. This is what we're doing this November.

I feel terrible I haven't brought up Hurricane Helene and the many members of our community who were hit hard. I'm at a loss for words seeing the devastation and reports. What a heavy hit.
Our thoughts & prayers are with you. :flower3:
Off GC topic but any recommendations regarding best way to help those impacted by Helene? There are so many “charitable” organizations but which are the best in this situation? I want to be sure my donation reaches those in need.

Lol, thanks for this. My Shop rite circular actually refers to a completely different store in their version (Fairway), so just some extremely bad copypasta there.

Next weeks Shoprite circular is not yet showing in the app. When it is I will post the details of the GC offer (unless someone beats me to it😂)

Wait, what? So you shop at Fairway as in this: Fairway
and not: Fareway

I don't think I've ever posted an offer from Fairway. Yeah, it's not even on my list.
Hmm, I'll have to look into that. Are they having a gc sale?
Can you post the offer? Thanks!
My ad also references Fairway market. There are no Fairways near me but I did check their circular and did not see a mention of GC’s anywhere. I assume Shoprites and Fairways circulars are created in the same place?
Funny though, @FoxC63 there is a special on Hallmark cards at Shoprite…

IMG_3145.jpeg
Hallmark must be having a marketing push. 😂

My dream redemption would be ANA to Japan in business class booked with Virgin points transferred from Chase--I can get myself to ORD or elsewhere from DTW. (Gave up on Delta for any reasonable redemptions years ago).Bit of a unicorn, and requires some creative searching/booking, but doable. Currently have nearly 200k points. Next best redemption is something luxe through Hyatt. But I did consider using them for a truly last minute trip to Houston to watch the Tigers beat the Astros!

(We now return you to your regularly scheduled bargain hunting.)
FYI- Virgin goes dynamic end of the month. TBD if/how partner awards will be affected.

Off GC topic but any recommendations regarding best way to help those impacted by Helene? There are so many “charitable” organizations but which are the best in this situation? I want to be sure my donation reaches those in need.

FEMA.gov

Cash is the best donation.

Financial contributions to recognized disaster relief organizations are the fastest, most flexible and most effective method of donating.​
Cash donations allow these organizations to quickly address urgent or emerging needs. When you donate cash, it also moves through the economy of the affected areas. Supplies are purchased from local sources and local people are paid to help rebuild. This type of cash flow helps the economy recover more quickly.​
New York Times - link to article
Another way to help those in the state: donating to North Carolina Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster, which has a list of vetted disaster relief organizations.
Florida: Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida activated the Florida Disaster Fund to help those affected by the hurricane. The fund helps people across Florida get help after an emergency or disaster.
Georgia: Send Relief, a nonprofit in the state, deployed resources to areas with the highest need. The organization was also working with national organizations to coordinate help.
National support to multiple states:
A number of national organizations were accepting donations to help states affected by the hurricane.​
Those organizations include the Salvation Army, the American Red Cross and Americares.​

You can also earn some AA miles while supporting: "Help people affected by Hurricane Helene. Through October 18, 2024, AAdvantage® members can earn 10 AAdvantage® bonus miles for every dollar donated to the Red Cross with a minimum $25 donation. Your donation enables the Red Cross to respond to and help people recover from this disaster."

https://www.redcross.org/donate/cm/americanairlines-pub.html/

My ad also references Fairway market. There are no Fairways near me but I did check their circular and did not see a mention of GC’s anywhere. I assume Shoprites and Fairways circulars are created in the same place?
Funny though, @FoxC63 there is a special on Hallmark cards at Shoprite…

Hallmark must be having a marketing push. 😂

:laughing: I did see that but I wasn't sure if I should add it.

I already posted something similar for Giant Eagle on Post #667 where only @PrincessGidget responded :flower:

1727975879136.png

I will say, really check out your ads for rebates, saw several of those.

Is there still a viator code that can be used to purchase tickets? I think it was ten percent off or so.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest