Need advice for "unique" Disneymoon

cheleybelle

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone. First off let me say that I am new here and was directed to this amazing site by a fellow Disney nut who thought this might be the place for me to get some much needed advice for my upcoming trip in May.

You see the trip will be a duel Disneymoon for myself and my soon to be husband and my best friend and his soon to be life partner. We are having a duel marriage/civil union cermony(sadly only my side of it will be legal) and taking our honeymoons together to Disney. I do have some questions and concerns about this however.

I have been to WDW many, many times, however this will be my first time attending with a GLBT couple and I am not sure exactly what to expect. Of course no one can be certain how any other guests will react to public openess of a same sex couple but how about the staff of WDW? I ask because as I stated this is a very special trip for a very special couple and I want them to look back on this fondly as I hope my own husband and I will. Does the staff at Disney treat all couples equally or as equally as legally possible? Will their special occasion be treated as special as my own(example-I was told there will be complimentary champagne and strawberries in my honeymoon suite, will my friends recieve the same in theirs if the reservation notes the honeymoon)? Will the Disney restaraunts bring out the special cakes we ordered to celebrate both marriages even if one is for two men in their "family" establishments? Will they be treated badly for wearing matching grooms ears?

I thank you in advance for any advice you can give me. While I know some these concerns might seem small, I'm sure many you know how such a simple thing as recieving a wedding cake in a family restaurant can be prejudiced against even in places where you'd least expect it. I just want to have a general idea of what I might be dealing with in this regard.

It's good to have you with us!

I'm glad your friend directed you here and I expect you'll get quite a few responses to your question. My experience is that my partner and I have always be treated very well by everyone - staff and visitors alike - at WDW. As some will no doubt also mention, many of the CM (cast members) at WDW are gay and sometimes that means we get "special" treatment - an extra friendly nod or knowing smile. I once had a gay CM at the old Ice Cool Station go way out of his way for daughter and I because he got the idea. Very magical pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Thank you very much Viki.

So anyone know where I can get a set matching grooms ears? I found the bride/grooms set but do I have to buy two and split them up?

Sorry I'm just full of odd questions but I have so much planning to do, and so little time.

Again I appreciate all the advice and help.

I'm pretty sure they sell the bride & groom hats separately at the Mad Hatters (I'm thinking back a while here). I've seen plenty of young girls walking around in the bride ears, with no little boy grooms in sight.

I'd be interested in the looks you may get walking around as a group of one bride and 3 grooms :thumbsup2

dkostel said:
I'd be interested in the looks you may get walking around as a group of one bride and 3 grooms :thumbsup2
LOL :rotfl2:
Somebody owes me a cookie, half of it ended up on my monitor when I read this. :rotfl:

:confused3 :rolleyes1 -------> :smooth: :bride: :teeth: :wave2:

I had to LOL at the Duel wedding, being the romance novel reader that I am! No, I am not making fun, either.

I think that you will all find that the CMs will treat you with respect, just as they do all guests.

The Bride and Groom ears, they are for sale in lots of places, but the old Bride Ears that were the white beanie have been discontinued and currently only the headband type are available.

Good luck and best wishes to all of you for happy marraiges and long lives together.

And I wanna see the 3 grooms and a bride picture too!

dkostel said:

Sort of like the new HBO series "Big Love" in reverse! :banana: :banana: :banana:

cheleybelle said:
You see the trip will be a duel Disneymoon for myself and my soon to be husband and my best friend and his soon to be life partner. We are having a duel marriage/civil union cermony(sadly only my side of it will be legal) and taking our honeymoons together to Disney. I do have some questions and concerns about this however.

I really hope you dual. Duel keeps messing with my interpretation of your post. LOL.

My FW and I went to Disney right after we got engaged and walked around in bride and groom ears (she was just trying on the bride ears in the icon... and yes, they are sold seperately). All the Disney staff treated us like any other couple, and most of the other guests didn't have any kind of noticable reaction. A few times I noticed guests pointing us out to their friends and smiling, which I guess is kind of cute.

The one negative reaction we had was while standing in line.. We were doing nothing worse than holding hands (hard for me, because I'm kind of terrible about the PDAs), and caught a mother actually shielding her young child's eyes, and then making both her kids stand behind mom and dad so they couldn't see us. I just wanted to shake the woman - how DARE she use us as a way to teach her kids to hate other people?!? It truly enraged me, but it was a lone incident, and in no way a reflection of the way everyone else at Disney treated us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter