MYST - in full, live 3D!

Neapolitan Ice Cream

DIS Veteran
You may not remember Myst, but it was a revolutionary game in the '90s based around a point and click system, where the player navigated around rich 3D worlds, solving puzzles. Practically unique, it has now been remade in full, live 3D, using the famous Unreal Engine! Take this video a quick look... it's only the first 20 minutes of gameplay but is actually very soothing!

I remember Myst very well because my mom had always wanted to play it and I thought the game was amazing from the previews and so I bought Myst for my mom for Mother's Day and she liked it but we could never solve it but we still have it today in our old computer games. I understand there's a sequel to Myst called Riven that is also great. When it came to good computer games Broderbund Software was the best company and even though they were known for children's educational software I think Myst was the game that made Broderbund focus on making adventure games and Myst is probably their most famous adventure game in history

I went to a dinner party in Atlanta many, many years ago and spent most of the night drinking wine and playing Myst with some other dudes. It was pretty high tech for the time and a fun game. Weird side story - the other dudes were members of Collective Soul, before they went national.

Myst will always be one of my favorite games. I still have my copies of the game (and of Riven) along with the strategy guides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter