My most embarrassing moment at Disney, share yours!!

I was walking into the Tiki room at WDW at around 8 PM and it was really dark.

I felt something on one leg, then the other and then back to the first. It was kind of cold and wet. In the dark I wondered if it was a snake.

There were not many people around but if they were they would have seen me doing quite the dance. I was hopping and jumping around with my arms up.

After my routine I looked down to see one of those light colored frogs hopping away from me. We had seen them aroudn the park. They were pretty cool and I noticed they have the ability to hang on vertical surfaces. He must have been jumping from one of my legs to the other. It caught me pretty off guard.

sjhanksaz said:
I was walking into the Tiki room at WDW at around 8 PM and it was really dark.

I felt something on one leg, then the other and then back to the first. It was kind of cold and wet. In the dark I wondered if it was a snake.

There were not many people around but if they were they would have seen me doing quite the dance. I was hopping and jumping around with my arms up.

After my routine I looked down to see one of those light colored frogs hopping away from me. We had seen them aroudn the park. They were pretty cool and I noticed they have the ability to hang on vertical surfaces. He must have been jumping from one of my legs to the other. It caught me pretty off guard.

That's really funny. I can just picture in my head that happening to someone around me . They would be a dancing fool.

We went to AK as our first park on our very first trip to Disney. We got there early and ended up being chosen to go on the safari before the park opened with another family.

While we were talking through the park the safari guide was giving us a private tour and discussing different things like the tree and how many leaves it had, the carvings, etc. Somewhere there is a tree with a large iguana or other lizard on one of the branches. He was telling us the lizard's name, and describing all these things. I thought it was really cool and said 'wow, how do you guys get him to stay in that tree? Or does he come down and kind of wander around sometimes?' .... that darn lizard is fake. It's FAKE.

My husband and the guide got a good chuckle. Screw you Disney for your believable lizards and magical immersion.

we were rather embarrassed for this woman - does that count? :)
there was a family (10-ish girl, mom, dad, & grandma) on the safari with us. as the truck passed thru, the mom yelled, "oh, LOOK AT THOSE KANGAROOS!!!"
of course, everyone, including the driver, turned, as the woman's family ooooohed and ahhhhed at her sharp vision and incredible knowledge.
apparently, antelope are actually a new breed: african kangaroos :confused3
passing the hippos was a line of the uninvited (WDW gave up trying to keep them out) vultures - perched on wood posts, huge wings outspread, eyes focused on each of us as the truck passed.
"LOOK, honey, LOOK!!! don't they look REAL!!!" and there was a slight turning as
some of the vultures focused on her (a little too hungrily:scared:).
that was her very LOUD mantra for most of the ride, until near the end....when she must've realized that much of what she saw actually was real....

gotta love them african kangaroos ;)

This is a short embarrassing story about my mom. We had just boarded our Doom Buggie on HM when I felt the seat vibrate. I said "OMG, did you just feel that? Our seat just vibrated!" I've ridden the ride dozens of times and that's never happened before. Turns out I couldn't hear it, but she had just farted because was "saving it" for when we were away from the crowds.

LOL!!!!! I can't stop laughing!!! This is totally something my family would do!!!

I have accidentally walked into the women's restroom. I didn't realize it until I looked up and saw rows of stalls and no urinals...
Augh, have done this... Luckily, my gut reaction response was, "what the h***, who stole the urinals?" So instead of screaming they just started laughing. It was a "here is your sign" moment for sure.

Me too!! I could just picture it in my head. Thank goodness kids are so durable!

We were standing in line at a local theme park, and there was a man and his 4ish year old son. The dad wasn't really watching what his son is doing. All of a sudden the son decides it was a good idea to start licking the hand rail!!! Before I could think I'm pointing at the little boy, telling the dad what he's doing.

It was so funny!!!! The guy tells the little boy, you're mom would freak out if she knew what you just did!!!

Needless to say, I now carry hand sanitizer and avoid touching hand rails...

We were at Disney in January for marathon weekend and vacation. We were staying at Pop and decided to go to AKL , view animals and eat at Mara. I have not kept up with additions at AKL, by have stayed there in the past. We rode the bus, got off, went thru lobby to get to viewing areas. I thought they had remodeled everything! After watching, we headed to Mara food court. We were totally lost! We went down elevators, and back up. I finally asked the desk clerk. We were in the new section!

I just got back from Disney a few weeks ago. We were in MK, and I had to use the washroom. I took the back pack with me cause I like to sanitize the toliet seat (I'm a clean freak..haha) So, I'm done in the washroom, put the back pack over my one shoulder and walk out and towards my family waiting for me. They see me, and we continue to walk..well..I was wearing a knee length spagetti strap dress, and after maybe 5 mins of walking and some strange looks from others, my DH BURSTS out laughing! He was laughing so hard that he couldn't even speak! I had walked ahead of him for a moment, and that's when he noticed that when I put my back pack over my right shoulder, I had accidently hiked up my dress, and the entire right side of my back side was visible for all to see!!!
I was SOOOO embarrassed, that I swore I would never wear a dress again to a park!! And I refused to carry the back pack for the rest of the day...LOL

I have 2 (I have many more but not disney specific. Embarresment is a running theme in my life lol)

Both moments happened on the same trip 10 years ago.....I begin with the shortest one.....
Our go home day...sad enough right?..... I'm at epcot alone to pick up a few things I just "had to have" while mom and 3daughters packed for the me. Coming across the bridge inbetween england and france I believe.....I discover on the leg of my black pants....BIRD POO !!!!! All down my pant leg. I had to walk around epcot to find a new pair of pants with the little money I had left (wasn't much lol ). Believe it or not that was the 2nd time in my life id been bombed by a bird at a theme park!

The second and not only the MOST embarrassing but its a story that gets retold as often as Charles Dicken's A Christmas Carol.....same trip with my mom and daughters 10 yrs ago so they were 11 and 7 and 7. We were staying at POR and my girls and mom went swimming......I was going to gather them up to get ready for the evening plans.....they were on their way back so I stopped to wait for them....then along comes this mamma duck and her babies. I thought oh how cute....NO!!!!! Mamma started coming after me!!!!! Wings out quacking like her life depended on it. Screaming I run towards my room...yep full on Friday the 13th jason and freddy are after me screaming....couldn't get in my room people must have thought someone was dying my daughters and mother are barely able to walk they were laughing so hard and I'm hysterical in tears......yea good times.....the rest of the trip my wonderful daughters made sure to drop popcorn outside the room whenever we would come out.....thered be the devil duck waiting for me! Ever since fear of ducks! Now 10 yrs later my mom is taking me and one of my daughters and one of my sons 6yrs. Where does she want to stay? Yup going to be at POR in feb. I just hope the ducks don't find out I'm there!

2 years ago on our annual trip to WDW we were at DTD. DS8 and DS5 love to stand and get spit on by Stitch outside of World of Disney. As we were leaving to head back to POFQ my DW and I decide that I should go back into World of Disney and get something really quick. I know exactly where Stitch spits because I have stood there a thousand times and watched my kids get nailed. So as I am walking back into the store I was not even thinking about Stitch and I got completely nailed. Every one around had a hard time not laughing at me as I walked into the store completely soaked. When I went to pay the CM asked if I wanted to purchase a towel to dry off with. My kids and wife still laugh about it.

A little late, but I only just recently found this thread and it seems time to share.

My dad, to put it mildly, sneezes VERY loudly! He once sneezed in a parking garage at our local mall and we heard shrieks from about three floors up. He tries to warn us, but he also takes great pleasure in scaring me and my stepmother so he often "forgets" to give us a heads up. One trip we were leaving the MK with me, my dad, my stepmother, and my best friend. Dad sneezes incredibly loud, easily one of the loudest I've ever heard in my (currently) 19 years on this Earth. Well not only did he scare us half to death, he scared the crap out of this poor man walking into the park and this guy was MAD! He yelled a very un-Disneylike word and, in an excellent display of maturity and empathy, us girls completely lost it. We burst out laughing and are having trouble walking, holding onto one another as we stumble our way out of the park as my dad tries to book it out of there with his dignity in tact. He still continues to scare us, but he tries to avoid from taking others down with him ;)

When my son was 3 months old we were at LTT for lunch. My husband was holding him when he had a poopsplosion as we like to call it! He took him upstairs to the restrooms to change him....when he came back 15 minutes later all I see is a baby dressed only in a diaper being held at arms length in front of my husband who's pants were covered in poop! He had to walk him through the entire restaurant! He said he left his clothes in the stroller...we laughed about that one for a while...

A few weeks ago we were in the AoA bus line from MK to the resort. It was really late and 2 buses pulled up. The CM's were flagging everyone to the 2nd bus, I felt really rushed because of so many people waiting. I was holding my folded stroller and practically running to get onto the bus when BOOM, down I went! I stepped on something hanging from the stroller and not only did I fall in front of approx. 75 + people waiting...I managed to fall somewhat on top of the stroller which made a very loud noise and it slid. I felt like I was sliding into homeplate with a stroller. The crowd gasped-I'm not kidding!
I just layed there for a couple mins, mortified and in pain. The bus CM's rushed to help. I had scraped both knees, my forearms and hurt my right ankle. I barely held my tears in on the bus. I had passengers coming up to me saying I scared them and wondered if I was alright. I'm sure I scared the heck out of my 3yr old ds. Needless to say, we had A LOT of help getting off of the bus when back at the resort!

Then I couldn't figure out how to get our rental stroller back open and my mom peed her pants laughing so hard at the whole situation. Thankfully it was dark out and the crowd cleared back to their rooms before she managed to pee all over the sidewalk at bus drop off area!

We have been going to WDW every year since 1993 so I have managed to make a fool of myself all over the world. When my daughter was a year and a half, she got a bad ear infection as soon as we checked into the hotel. The doctor prescribed some strong antibiotics so she would feel better faster. That was a mistake. We were eating lunch at Tony's. This is when Tony's had good food. My sweet baby girl got a bad case of diarrhea from the medicine. I took her to the restroom to clean her up. It was bad!!!! I spent close to thirty minutes cleaning her up and washing out her clothes. I was right in the middle of cleaning things up when a bunch of women walked in the restroom. Most of them were really giving me "the stink eye." I could not help the situation. I had to clean my baby up.

My favorite memory is the first time that I rode Rock 'n Roller coaster. I am a coaster wimp. My husband assured me that the coaster was tame. I was carrying the family credit card in my breast pocket. My son and I got in the car and we were about to take off when I got a slight feeling that I did not know the entire truth of this ride. I asked my son if the coaster went upside down and he told me "yes." He said that daddy did not want me to be scared. At that moment the ride started, I grabbed my breast (to keep my credit card from falling out of the pocket) and that is when my picture was taken. We got off the ride and there I was, panicked and grabbing my own ****. My family and a few other folks laughed at the photo.

This thread is the best! Lol!

In 2009, I took an early graduation trip with my mom and two younger siblings. On our AK day, it had been raining off and on that morning. We finished eating breakfast at TH and had made a pit stop to meet Flick and Princess Attia. So we go back on our way and my mom sees Baloo and King Louie meeting ahead. She tells me to run ahead and get us a spot in line. I ran ahead and hit a water puddle right where you turn to go up the hill to where they were meeting. I landed right on my wrist! It hurt so bad!! All I could do was sit there on the wet ground in tears! I was so embarrassed and my mom is frantic because she's sure that it's broken. Next thing I hear is a CM member shouting, "Baloo? Where are you going?" Baloo had seen the whole thing! He came down to where I was and helped me up! They walked me and my family up to his meet and greet spot. Baloo then gave me a big hug and the CM member took us to First Aid.

Thankfully it was just sprang and I had to keep it wrapped the rest of the trip. To this day my family won't let me live it down!

When my daughter was about three years old, we were right at the entrance of Epcot, right past the ticket area... right before you hit the standing stone things. So, basically, right in plain view of everyone. It was towards the end of our trip, and I had run out of clean pants to wear, so I ended up wearing this long skirt thing that went almost down to my ankles. It was pretty comfortable to walk around in, but I didn't anticipate it could have its hidden dangers. DD darts in front of my legs as I'm walking. She gets somehow wrapped up (??) in it but manages to get out of the way before I fall down, face first, arms flailing, in front of a crowd of people. I may also have shrieked loudly on the way down, just to attract more attention. Not mortifying at all.

Same trip, I was taking the kids to the bathroom while DH was taking a break by himself by where the Greek food stand is during the food festival. He had a plate of something and was sitting on a bench, looking out towards the water. He finally looks up to see a squirrel sitting on the bench back, inches from his face, staring him down for his food. As soon as he looks up, the squirrel chitters at him, and he is so startled he screams and jumps back. At that point he hears a bunch of people burst out laughing. He turns around, and apparently a small crowd of onlookers had been watching AND RECORDING HIM on their phones. They said the squirrel had been there for quite some time. Wish I had seen it.

We were at Disneyland this summer. The first ride we rode was Space Mountain. While exiting the ride, my flip flop went down in between the platform and the car and I fell flat on my face! I was soooo embarrassed and laughing. My 16 year old son was next to me laughing so I grabbed onto his leg to help myself up and he moved away and I fell again. I was laying on the platform laughing and getting laughed at by my family and everyone in line boarding the ride.

Walking in on the men in a men's restroom in MK.

For some reason, my brain relates women's room to right side, so I naturally went to the entrance on the right side of the building, with daughter in tow. I wondered why there was no line, then saw a row of men lined up at the urinals, and being the discreet person I am, shouted, "Oh, Gd!". The entire line of men turned around in unison, saw my embarrassed face, then watched me high-tale it out of there. :blush::blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter